Re: Last horror movie you watched?

^^^ Punk, really glad you finally got to view Jug Face 2013, i totally agree about this film, i also feel it was superbly done, kind of embodies the good stuff about indie film, the story itself is quite unique, i also agree with you that the acting and the cinematography is really well done, might not be for everyone but i also liked it

Without Warning 1980
Livide 2011

so Without Warning 1980, pretty basic alien movie, cheezy F/X, Jack Pallance, Livide 2011, huh? that's it, just huh?

cthulu76 wrote:

^^^ Punk, really glad you finally got to view Jug Face 2013, i totally agree about this film, i also feel it was superbly done, kind of embodies the good stuff about indie film, the story itself is quite unique, i also agree with you that the acting and the cinematography is really well done, might not be for everyone but i also liked it

Yeah, definitely a total enjoyment from beginning to end. big_smile

The Battery 2012

just started, supposed to be a pretty decent zombie movie, another decent indie film, lots of dialogue, no coen brothers but still decent, it's like a tour of New England, where the crap are they getting all the smokes? yeah that dragged on for a great long while

Last edited by cthulu76 (2013-08-24 20:10:21)

Needful Things (1993) - 9/10

Very impressive film with a well-structured and coherent plot line that doesn't at all get in any tangles (despite the dozen cross-overs that take place between characters). I was riveted the whole way through. Max von Sydow plays an amazing version of "The Devil", as well. He's certainly been categorized into my "Top Five" now for Devil performances.

The Last Man On Earth, Vincent Price.

The colored version. smile

Maniac 2012...One of the best movies I've seen this year.

TASMANIAN DEVILS [2013]
Full You Toob movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xeDX0nm-WY

Overly cheesy like I love and some pretty interesting developments. Nice creatures.
Very fun watch at least once... Probably not anymore. And it's on You Toob baby so why not. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-25 09:49:13)

The Creature wrote:

Very impressive film with a well-structured and coherent plot line that doesn't at all get in any tangles (despite the dozen cross-overs that take place between characters). I was riveted the whole way through. Max von Sydow plays an amazing version of "The Devil", as well. He's certainly been categorized into my "Top Five" now for Devil performances.

Good Stephen King flick. smile

The Creature wrote:

I have this flick booked for a future More Attention article.  I don't think it's ever been given its due credit; it's very well-acted, the multiple character sub-plots tie together nicely and, as you said, Von Sydow rocks as Leland Gaunt.  Not to mention Amanda Plummer as Nettie.  Also, this was the first film my sister took me to see after I ETS'ed out of the Army, so there's some sentimental value there, too. lol

Home Sick

DarkMistress wrote:

What did you think of the colored version? I thought they did a great job with it! A bit iffy here and there, but I really liked it. I have it on DVD as well.

Stir of Echoes

^^^ Love it.  Great flick.

Chomper wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

What did you think of the colored version? I thought they did a great job with it! A bit iffy here and there, but I really liked it. I have it on DVD as well.

I really like the colored version.

I'm gonna log off for the night with THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE.

Talk about a nightmare to have to live through! LOL

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/t_Die_9189.jpg

^Not a bad movie.

I watched Severance again last night. This movie holds up well. It achieves something that many other horror comedies don't. It makes the horror really horrific and visceral, but makes the comedy really wacky and funny too. The characters are great in this movie too. It's kind of a Cabin in the Woods before it existed.

Also watched the Gate last night. A good flick, excellent special effects and a fun occult story and some good heavy metal tributes.

HATCHET 3 [2013]

Oh wowowowow man freaking H3LL WOOOW!!! Amazing.
Became my favorite of them all. Totally badass flick. I loved Marybeth. Of course, damn, she's played by my all times favorite Scream Queen, the awesome and lovely Danielle Harris so. And waht a cool amount of Gore fun with a nice story. Yup Amazing. Enjoyed from beginning to end.

DarkMistress wrote:
Chomper wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

Surprisingly, I haven't seen the color version of the film yet (even though it's one of my favorite Vincent Price movies). I think I'll watch it this afternoon with a good cup (or two) of coffee before I go to work...good choice for a film, DM!

Sounds like a plan, Creature!

I checked out Cube Zero today. I'd heard negative things about it, but I thought it was pretty good. They do show a bit more (though not much) behind the whole operation, and it's a bit nutty, which may put some off who preferred the whole ambiguity surrounding the other movies.
It's been a while since I've seen the other two movies, but I enjoyed Cube Zero just a little bit more than Cube 2: Hypercube, but obviously less than the original Cube.

I'd like them to make another tongue

edit: Actually, upon thinking it over, I'm not sure if there's any point with additional sequels. Whilst watchable, it nearly would have been better to just have left it with the original Cube.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-08-26 16:36:24)

A Horrible Way To Die

A doubleheader with my Hungarian friend.

Murders in the Rue Morgue (1932)
The Devil Bat (1940)

The Creature wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:
Chomper wrote:

Surprisingly, I haven't seen the color version of the film yet (even though it's one of my favorite Vincent Price movies). I think I'll watch it this afternoon with a good cup (or two) of coffee before I go to work...good choice for a film, DM!

Cool. Enjoy! smile

Chomper wrote:

Sounds like a plan, Creature!

I checked out Cube Zero today. I'd heard negative things about it, but I thought it was pretty good. They do show a bit more (though not much) behind the whole operation, and it's a bit nutty, which may put some off who preferred the whole ambiguity surrounding the other movies.
It's been a while since I've seen the other two movies, but I enjoyed Cube Zero just a little bit more than Cube 2: Hypercube, but obviously less than the original Cube.

I'd like them to make another tongue

edit: Actually, upon thinking it over, I'm not sure if there's any point with additional sequels. Whilst watchable, it nearly would have been better to just have left it with the original Cube.

I like how Natali makes a bunch or great films. Splice and his INSANELY CRAZY Nothing. And now, he's working on Haunter which I can't wait to see, trailer is badassness. big_smile
http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/07/off … s-haunter/

DOGHOUSE [2009]

Another unwatched from the best Horror year ever like I love to repeat. lol

And woah the freaking BLAST that was. Truely amazing performances, nice make up and prosthetics too. And classic Slasher story. But most of all, EMILY BOOTH!!! Damn I love this girl. She's badass in all I've seen her into.
And as a Sniper in this she's crazy mad cool. big_smile

http://31.media.tumblr.com/51dcec0e9c5868007a82c93c7a5d555f/tumblr_mm50gnhAwt1qgwi11o1_400.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-27 04:52:50)