Re: Friday the 13th sequel.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:
Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

^ If I was honest, I'd love some of the younger directors to get a shot at directing a Friday movie. Let me get this straight, I don't want another sequel but since we are I'd love someone like James Wan or Ti West to direct it.

I think they could do something good with it, if given a chance.

Adam Green could get there hands on it, it would be the most badass Friday the 13th yet.

What his Friday movie be like, his Hatchet work? Every cliché known to the genre? Great! Because you know...his Hatchet stuff is so incredible.

Yes, it needs to be exactly like Hatchet. Boobs & Gore. That's it. It's a slasher movie, nothing else. That's what it has always been and that's what it will always be. If you want to see something that's not " cliché" don't watch a movie that has Friday the 13th in the title.

^ But he is not good at Slashers. My problem isn't the Slasher genre in general, it's how bad he is at making them. If the next film is going to be more of the same, then that is fine with me but at least make it good. But I want someone who is good at doing it, not some clueless guy who thinks ripping ideas from every Slasher movie until now and incorporating them into the new Friday movie is a good idea.

Just because it would be cliché and have Jason in it, doesn't mean it would be good.

Last edited by Scavenger of Human Sorrow (2013-08-27 16:26:55)

All this talk about Directors is pointless...who directed Jason Lives?  who directed the last chapter?  who cares!  It's a Jason Movie..either you like the idea of seeing a guy in a Hockey mask kill a bunch of people for no good reason, with no other real plot...or you don't.  As simple as that, really.

This next Friday movie will certainly be the biggest budget/widest release for a slasher movie in 2014...all we can hope for is that it won't be terrible. But if it is, I know I still want to see how bad it is with my own eyes.

It matters who is the director because that has a significant impact on what the movie will be like. I'm open to most suggestions, except for Adam Green.

I'd rather see someone who's never done a horror film step in and do the next Friday.

As I stated, most of the series was directed by relatively inexperience directors...or at least inexperienced in horror.  It's not the godfather...