Topic: DHMW Season 2 ROUND 4

Well, my photobucket account finally exceeded its bandwidth (and hey, it only took about seven years!) so anyone interested in looking up previous DHMW matches, do so with the understanding that the images contained therein are no longer working.  Sorry.  hmm

With that out of the way, let's get to our next match.  This week's contestants:

http://imageshack.us/a/img826/5582/v4pc.jpghttp://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7426/h2ay.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img51/3698/lk2j.jpg

As always, before voting, please remember...

THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is deadlier.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: DHMW Season 2 ROUND 4

the stuff? hmm whats he from? n is the movie decent?

It's from a movie called The Stuff, about a substsnce discovered bubbling up from the earth which is taken and marketed as a yogurt-like snack.  Turns out the substance is addictive and is actually a living organism, which consumes those who eat it from the inside out, while also turning them into zombie-like addicts.  Pretty campy 80s horror comedy (by Larry Cohen, who also made It's Alive, among many other camp classics).  Not a great flick but it definitely has its moments.

Just read the wiki on it. Here's a question though, does the Blob even think? If it doesn't then what power does it have over him.

To clarify, The Stuff isn't a "he."  Like The Blob, it's a sentient, amorphous substance.  The Blob covers its victims and consumes them; The Stuff is ingested by its victim, then consumes its victim from the inside while also subverting the victim's will, like a narcotic. 

One kills from the outside; one kills from the inside.

These two are polar opposites.

I think this match up would be eazy peezy for The Stuff. Of course The Blob would cover up, then ingest, The Stuff.

Being that El Suffo does his damage from the inside; once The Suff set up shop internally, it would work it's parasitic magic and consume The Blob.

Winner: The Stuff

Last edited by Underdog (2013-08-27 21:57:19)

It seems possible, but on the other hand the Blob's weekness is freezing temperatures. Many other things were tried to harm it, to no avail. How can we be so certain this "Stuff" can do it's magic. I'm going with the Blob.

Two days left to vote and we need a tie-breaker.  As well as more people to participate. wink

I went with The Stuff, for the simple reason it will win with ease.

My vote goes to The Stuff due to my belief that its capabilities for country/world domination is far greater than that for The Blob. With a national military effort, the Blob could easily enough be defeated by means of some sort of weapon technology capable of producing lethal sub-zero temperature spray (dunno if such a weapon actually exists, but let's say hypothetically that it does so that I'm able to create a convincing argument lol ). The Stuff, on the other hand, has many more strings attached to it in terms of its locomotive abilities and its brainwashed victims. It can travel across the land much quicker than the Blob, due to the efficient human transportation system associated with the international delivery of goods meant for the consumption of the masses. The Blob can stay in only one place at a time and its killing efficiency highly involves its physical size (from what I can remember from the original film, anyway - hopefully I'm not remembering wrong). The victims of the Blob are therefore not as widespread as the victims of the Stuff. Though its ingestion requires the free will and choice of an individual, we all know that the human psyche is highly suggestible to propaganda and media manipulation (in this case...marketing for the average consumer!) It was effective marketing which kick-started the frenzy over "The Stuff" in the film. By the time it is revealed to the people that The Stuff is an evil sentient being that makes its consumers a victim, it will probably be too late.The addiction that results from its consumption further adds to its deadliness.

http://i1261.photobucket.com/albums/ii597/creaturekillswell/TheStuff_zps03d45b20.jpg
Now doesn't that look tasty?

Last edited by The Creature (2013-08-29 20:34:04)

I'm going to have to go with the Blob.  You have to eat the Stuff in the first place to get hooked.  Even with parents trying to make you eat it, you can get around that.  The Blob just keeps coming until you freeze it, and it's harder to get a freeze gun than a flame thrower.

Blob

edit- After voting I came across the "who would eat who" question, much like the Blob vs. Thing in Season 1.  I picked the Blob then, I'm pickin' it again.  big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-29 14:41:35)

I'm going with the blob.  The temps where I live are very hot so the blob would be pretty unstoppable here.  As for the stuff I prefer crunchy snacks like party mix so I don't think I would even go near it.  No worries there.

I always took these matches to be pitting one against the other.  Not sure if i had that wrong or not, as the question posed here is what is deadlier, not what would win against the other.

Either way I go with Blob as it is an awesome force.  It consumes everything in its path.  If it did ingest The Stuff, it would consume it like everything else, and be unaffected.  What, would The Stuff turn The Blob into a zombie??!!?!?

Plus, if The Stuff started to get to too many people, the world would simply wage the successful War on Drugs it has already used to get rid of other drug problems (this part was sarcasm).

^^
Kind of depends.  Here it would be which one is deadlier to people.  For the Freddy vs. Tina (telekinetic girl from F13 P7), it's those 2 fighting since Tina isn't really a bad guy(girl).

Unless I'm wrong.  Then Lon can correct me and ground the emus.

I get what you guys are saying.  If they were going head to head I would still say the blob.  It would consume everybody and I'm pretty sure the blob doesn't have a mind to control so the stuff would have no affect on it.

I'm going with the Blob to start and The Stuff to finish.  Kind of like Deadliest Warrior.  So the Blob starts out kicking ass all over the place, but The Stuff comes from behind to win the day.  My logic?  Well...let me see if anyone can figure that out!

^^
The Stuff gives the Blob death diarrhea?

Did you vote Possum?

^^^

AHHHHAAAAHHHAAAHAAAHHH!!! hilarious!!!

Azy  Nope

Ghostseeker  Yep

Death Diarrhea..wooh that was funny

floridapossum wrote:

Kind of like Deadliest Warrior.

Exactly like Deadliest Warrior.  For those who've not seen that show, Deadliest Warrior (on Spike TV) takes two historical combatants and pits them against one another in a fight to the death, with experts weighing in on each warrior's weaponry, skills and combat tactics. 

DHMW is the same thing, except with horror movie characters.

Voting is over.  Our results:

The Blob
Justified Votes: 6 x 5 pts each = 30 pts
Non-Justified Votes: 1 x 1 pt each = 1 pt
Total pts: 31

The Stuff
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each = 15 pts
Non-Justified Votes: 1 x 1 pt each = 1 pt
Total pts: 16

Winner: THE BLOB

Thanks to all who participated.  Our first monthly final will be up directly. smile

Yay!  Go Blob!!!