Topic: Horror Themed Weddings

Hi everyone,
I am in charge of arranging and booking horror-themed weddings for this year's Sacramento Horror Film Festival.  We've got some cool stuff included (horror-themed cakes w/ custom painted cake toppers, dead flowers, a hearse, etc), but would love to get any ideas from fellow horror fans.  We've already got a zombie wedding booked, and have a few others pending.  It looks like most people are interested in the zombie theme above others (vampire, Frankenstein, etc), so any zombie themed wedding ideas you might have.......fire away.  Mostly ideas for fun decorations, wedding vows, etc.  Nothing too elaborate or expensive!

I appreciate any suggestions you guys and gals might have.

Re: Horror Themed Weddings

A giant pile of dirt that the bride and groom and climb out of to introduce themselves.

bowls of chocolaty gummie worms at each table (for a fresh dug up look big_smile)

Fog machines for sure

At some point the lights and stuff should go dead and random people should be commanded to scream in horror and somebody could climb onto the main table with a knife in their back when the lights come back on.

I wanna go to gabs wedding!!! Awesome ideas are always "popping" up at the following site       
http://hauntspace.com/     

Try making a full dead/zombie body cake with red insides, a neighbor made one for a Halloween party and it turned out wonderful.

thanks guys....Oh, one important factor is that the weddings will be in an old theater.  Cool place to have the ceremonies, but there are restrictions that I have to work around.

Bride and groom arrive in hearses, then are carried in inside coffins and arise from the dead to start the ceremony... Is that too much?  big_smile

There is NO 'too much'!!!

I don't want couples that have a passing interest in an occasional scary movie coming in.  I want the hardcore couples who will have FUN and go all out.  THe bride I've alread booked will be coming down the aisle on a gurney pushed by her dad, in a body bag.  The dad will unzip the bag and present her to her zombie groom.  Guessing this wedding won't be on a soap opera anytime soon!!!

I would love, love, love to contribute to this...but I can't.  I am in the midst of planning my own horror themed wedding for next year and I'm not about to give anything away.  LOL
Sorry sad
But ask me after and I'll be all about it with photos and everything...hopefully with some of the folks from my horror family here in attendance.

congrats, moviemaven!!

Instead of the traditional ring bearer type stuff, have someone holding a prop severed arm that have the rings on the ringers.  They can just take the rigns off the dead hand and then give them to each other that way.

I am surprised to hear that people also like  horror themed wedding ideas also. I am afraid of ghosts but found this idea interesting. Will my la wedding venue look good with this horror theme?

jackalqueen wrote:

Bride and groom arrive in hearses, then are carried in inside coffins and arise from the dead to start the ceremony... Is that too much?  big_smile

It's definitely not too much...  Thea Munster and her husband did exactly that at the Toronto Zombie Walk a few years ago.  They arrived in a hearse, were carried onto the stage in coffins, and were married in front of a huge horde of thousands of zombies!  It was pretty spectacular!  Here are some pictures...

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/image_zps80b2bc22.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/image_zpsfae80e29.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab101/DirtyGirlMovies/image_zps89120781.jpg

^^^
Wow, freaking cool that was. A wedding they will remember for the rest of their lifes, no doubt. smile