Topic: Doctor Sleep

Just read the brief synopsis of Stephen King's new novel and follow up to the shining. I'm perplexed as it follows Danny Torrance as an adult helping people ease into death all the while being pursued by a gang of vampires? WTF?

Last edited by hostel2006 (2013-08-31 21:12:45)

Re: Doctor Sleep

I haven't read the synopsis but it does sound crazy.  I absolutely love 99.9% of the stuff Stephen King does so I have faith that he made it work some how and I will still read it.

Yeah the synopsis sounds pretty strange. It will probably have little to do with what happened in the Shining, but I hope we get to see the effects of it on Danny emotionally. I'll be picking it up and reading it as soon as it is released.

Has anyone read this yet? Or started to read it? I want to read it, as I loved The Shining, and I'm interested in seeing what happened to Danny.

King's work is on an off for me. I love the classics, but I stopped reading him for awhile. Then I picked up Duma Key and fell in love with his writing again.

I don't see the need for a sequel, and I'm not a big fan of King anyway. I might pick it up, but I don't have high expectations.

The reviews are mixed, so I'll probably get a copy from the library to read. Almost all reviews say it starts strong but somewhere in the middle goes flat.