Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

I love killer-car/truck movies. Did you take any inspiration from films like Duel, The Car or Christine etc ? What did you shoot on?

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Stepstone wrote:

I love killer-car/truck movies. Did you take any inspiration from films like Duel, The Car or Christine etc ? What did you shoot on?

I took inspiration from all of these. We filmed "The Truck" on a T2i. Road horror is my favorite. When I bought the truck that was used for the film, I just had to make it.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-07-17 22:14:10)

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Announcement: The release date for the teaser trailer is set for August 31st

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

^^^
Oh that is very good news, can't wait to see it. It'll rock I'm sure.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-18 16:48:33)

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

aceofspades70 wrote:

I took inspiration from all of these. We filmed "The Truck" on a T2i. Road horror is my favorite. When I bought the truck that was used for the film, I just had to make it.


I have a T2i, or 550D as it's called over here, it's a great camera. I'm still getting used to it but so far I love it. Looking forward to seeing how a feature shot on one looks.

I love those trucks too, they've got character.

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Stepstone wrote:
aceofspades70 wrote:

I took inspiration from all of these. We filmed "The Truck" on a T2i. Road horror is my favorite. When I bought the truck that was used for the film, I just had to make it.


I have a T2i, or 550D as it's called over here, it's a great camera. I'm still getting used to it but so far I love it. Looking forward to seeing how a feature shot on one looks.

I love those trucks too, they've got character.

Yes, they are great cameras; and I agree on the trucks. They had...I guess you could say, character faces of their own.

Probably what I will do is make a "Truck" you tube channel and create videos about stuff we didn't cover in the film.

i.e. location stories, the actual truck info, etc.

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Official Concept Art:

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp153/aceofspades70/OFFICIALMOVIEPOSTER_zps7a8c17ef.jpg

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

I dig it.  Has a retro, exploitation kind of feel to it.

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Cool poster indeed but I disagree with the you can't outrun it..
A Bugatti would leave it FAR behind. lol

And very nice idea to put stuff we don't know about on a You Tube channel. That'd be great.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-07-18 23:08:03)

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

I'll probably go ahead and do that kXnPunk, seems since we don't release the teaser trailer until August 31st.

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Sweet. Keep us posted. smile

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

just caught a peek at the rough cut of our teaser trailer. wink

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

What are you waiting for, an engraved invitation?  Make with the freakin' trailer, man.  Tout suite!

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

lol, patience! only 4 days away!

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

3 left... Damn. Move faster freaking time. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-27 23:23:10)

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Well I'm faster than the own director of this film. HERE IS THE TRAILER FOLKS and it's badass. NOW I can go to my nap. big_smile

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/08/off … the-truck/

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

When I get my poster, I'm slapping a sticker of a monkey behind the windshield.  'Cause that's how I roll.  lol

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

^^^
Hahaha oh yeah, it'd give The Truck an even more mad look. big_smile

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

^^  smile

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Truck_poster.jpg

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

^^^
MWAHAHAHA That's great!!! lol

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

LMAO you guys

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

^^^
What??? lol

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

He said he

http://global3.memecdn.com/laughing-my-ass-off-lmao_o_741829.jpg

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

^^^
Mwahahaha oh man, funniest thing I've seen in a while. Makes me LMAO... lol

Re: "The Truck" an indie road horror

Man, big shout out for the press release guys. I really appreciate it.