Topic: Eli Roth's The Green Inferno News.

Eli Roth's new upcoming horror film titled 'The Green Inferno' is completed and heading to the 2013 Toronto Film Fest's Midnight Madness section in September.

It is directed by Eli Roth, written by Guillermo Amoedo and Eli Roth. Starring Lorenza Izzo, Ariel Levy and Sky Ferreira.

The plot is, A group of student activists travel from New York City to the Amazon to save a dying tribe but crash in the jungle and are taken hostage by the very natives they are trying to protect.

I'm very excited to see what Roth has to offer with this film. I've been a big fan since Cabin Fever and I definitely can't wait to see this film when it is released. It's great to see Roth bringing  the Cannibal sub genre back to life.

Here are some pictures released from the film:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wmhqub.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2pt16dj.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2816lvo.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/10ojw55.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/2jakacm.jpg

Last edited by AClockworkOrange71 (2013-08-02 21:51:11)

Re: Eli Roth's The Green Inferno News.

Yeah was glad to hear new stuff about this one, been checking about it since they started.
He said that when he got in the tribe, they were like uhhh what, movie??? Televison??? So he showed them Cannibal Holocaust and they though it was the funniest thing they've seen in their lifes. MWAHAHAHA

Big fan of the dude as a director, actor and producer.

Hostel 2... Oh woah...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-08-02 21:54:07)

A big, fat no-prize to whoever knows where Roth stole -- er, I mean, borrowed -- the title from. big_smile

The second picture reminds me Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow.

Climati 1988, very cool flick too. smile

hellrat wrote:

The second picture reminds me Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow.

Yeah exactly what I thought when I saw it this morning.

This is pretty much a remake, but I have to admit that I can't freaking wait to see it. It's been to damn long since we've had a good old school cannibal tribe movie.

Last edited by Suspiria_89 (2013-08-03 02:06:01)

I'm hoping this one delivers.

Roth is a total fucking hack. He approached Deodato about a sequel to his magnum opus 'Cannibal Holocaust' during 'Hostel', Deodato agreed but ran into technical and monetary problems so now kerching hack Roth is gonna make it himself? What an absolute twat. Either Deodato helms it or no one. Fuck Eli Kerching hack Roth up his stupid arse. The guy has no clue how to make a film. Marketing whore that he is.

Well I'll say I wasn't impressed the Hostel movies...I love cannibal movies and I think an update of the genre is overdue.

I TOTALLY disagree with you guys. Hostel, ALL of them are freaking MASTERPIECES. And the same for Cabin Fever. Hey well, that's what I personaly think. And don't get your opinions down. I accept them but still disagree STRONGLY... tongue Hahaha

Well Obviously a lot of people liked 'em...that's why he's a big name in the genre...they were successes for what they were.  I'm glad we're all able to share our opinions and agree to disagree on here...lots of forums get drug down with people bitching eachother out constantly...it's downright unpleasant...and You wouldn't like me when I'm unpleasant.

As for Roth...meh...he hasn't pissed me off like he seems to have pissed off others.  I personally didn't dig the Hostel movies but cabin fever was alright.  As movies, they were all well made..so I say bring it on...

So it doesn't vex you in the slightest that he's taking the piss out of Deodato, and in doing so, ripping what is perhaps the most iconic third world exploitation film ever made then? Shameless hackerism. The fact Deodato even agreed to be in Hostel should have afforded him a bit more respect than this. Roth is the worst thing to happen to horror since Rob Zombie.

I'm sorry...I wasn't aware the two were in some kind of feud.  I try to stay out of the personal lives of people I don't know, never met and have no impact on my life. 
I also believe that someone ripping off someone else's idea ain't anything new.  The idea of someone making a terrible cover of Elenore Rigby somehow hurts the Original Beatles version doesn't make sense to me.  I can't see anything that Roth will do with the Green Inferno impacting the status of Cannibal Holocaust in any way either.  If this movie sucks, then Roth has to live with the fact that he made a subpar movie...But I can't say it's crap unless I've seen it. 
Since it's a Jungle Cannibal movie, I'm hoping it works because I've seen most of the ones out there already and I'm jonesing for new blood.

As for Roth and Ruggerro Deodato...I'll leave it to them to settle their beef.  I'm not involved and I could care less.

I don't understand why people view movies differently when they hear about the stories of feuds between people you do not even know.

At the end of the day, just watch the movie and enjoy it if you do, and if you don't, then don't. Who cares about people you don't even know, they don't know you, forget it.

I think you're wrong Fulcento. I think that by doing a remake of HIS FAVORITE MOVIE EVER, he's doing quite an hommage to the guy. Well that's what I think. It's like if I was doing a remake of Horror Hotel or The Ring. It'd not be to piss off the ones that made them first but rather to tell them how influencial they were to me. Hey. That's what I think and still looking forward to see it like crazy.

And Zombie is one of the best that ever existed. House Of 1000 Corpses and Lords Of Salem are just freaking masterpieces.

But I respect you with your opinions, that's what I like here like JackBurton said, we don't bitch at each other.

Fulcento you damn bastard pig. Mwahahaha lol

You're an idiot and I hate you!!!

Idiot face! You're just a stupid idiot with the face of an idiot!

^^^
Oh I certainly know that bitch, more than you can imagine sucker. lol

Well I guess that's enough no??? Or maybe not, you decide.

Roth and Zombie RULE!!! Hahaha

Roth and Zombie are both talentless kerching hacks,

you guys are awesome

I think Roth is a capable director (from a strictly technical standpoint, and is at the very least a better filmmaker than SUPER-HACK Adam Green) and it's obvious that he's a die-hard genre fan, but overall I just don't like the guy or his movies.  I despised Cabin Fever, strongly disliked Hostel (I liked Hostel 2, though) and thought there was nothing special about his performance in Inglourious Basterds (I firmly believe Tarantino was simply doing the guy a favor out of the kindness of his heart by giving him that role, which really ANY large man could have played).

And, my long-standing dislike of Cannibal Holocaust aside, I'm not interested in seeing this movie at all. 

Punk -- Green Inferno was indeed the alternate title for Cannibal Holocaust 2 (aka Climati) from 1988, but before that it was the name of the original CH's film-within-a-film.  Which just shows us that Roth is ripping off not one, but two movies. lol

Fulcento wrote:

Roth and Zombie are both talentless kerching hacks,

I dare to differ... big_smile

My username was based off of Roth's Hostel before it came it out and i liked it for what it was something different in the horror genre.. As for the Green Inferno im anxious as i'd like to see how far he takes it in the gross out factor..Deodato was thinking the same thing when he made Cannibal Holocaust..As for Zombie i can't stand him don't believe he can direct a music video...Sorry just my opinion.