Topic: Ramen, The God Pasta

http://www.meijer.com/assets/product_images/styles/xlarge/1001029_041789002113_A_400.jpg
This stuff is epic. You just throw it in a bowl with water, cook it, add the flavor and stir, then eat.

Re: Ramen, The God Pasta

I eat too much of that shit......50% Ramen, 50% Rooster hot sauce, which I like to call Coq sauce.

I survived on this stuff in the Army.  Days we weren't out training and wanted to hang around the barracks, drink, watch movies etc, we'd make up huge batches of this stuff.  Common ingredients we'd add frequently: eggs, hamburger meat, beans, A1 sauce, shredded cheese, lemon juice...

I still have it occasionally now.  In fact now that I'm thinking about it, I think I'm going to finish the fruit smoothie I just made and throw me on some Ramen. lol

My noodle of choice.

http://www.theramenrater.com/wp-content … 18_001.jpg

Suddenly I'm in the mood for Pho.

A recipe I use to cook Ramen:

!) Add noodles into boiling water to soften them just a bit
2) Dry noodle with a dry paper towel
3) Heat 2tbs of canola oil in skillet
4) Put noodles into skillet
5) Add a pinch or two of brown sugar, tbs favorite hot sauce, a ts of soy sauce to noodles
6) Mix noodles and mixture together for about 3-4 min. Till noodles are browned and firm
7) (optional) Add 1 scrambled egg to noodles after taken out of skillet

And that's how I  like to eat my Ramen smile

MoonRaven wrote:

My noodle of choice.

http://www.theramenrater.com/wp-content … 18_001.jpg

Oh, man, I LOVE kimchi.  I was in Korea for Operation Team Spirit '93 and every day for a month  (or however long we were over there) it was kimchi and yaki mandu, both of which I ate more of than should be rationally allowed. lol

@Tripod, I gotta agree! I eat Ramen noodles at least one a week. Of course in my household, when I was growing up, it was better known as "curly noodle soup".

Also, I usually like to make my Ramen with very little broth. I drain nearly all of the water out before I add the flavoring. Seems to make the noodles taste stronger in the chicken flavor (or whichever flavor package of your choice).

Traditional italian pasta for me, any type, but if we need to get specific gnocchi is where it's at. Not that it's really a noodle.

JackBurton wrote:

I eat too much of that shit......50% Ramen, 50% Rooster hot sauce, which I like to call Coq sauce.

You're not the only one, love the cock sauce. My bro is an addict, everything is better with some sriracha in his opinion.

Edit: and I'll eat ramen too, but only when I'm especially poor.

Last edited by Theli (2013-09-03 21:59:35)

Ramen is great for poor college kids on a budget. I also like putting Montreal Steak Seasoning in my Ramen.

Ramen RULES!!! Eating lots of it every week. But I need something else to go with it, doesn't fill me much as I eat like a damn pig. big_smile