Topic: What are these titles? (Woman's face mutiliates, ghost visits woman)

Hi, for a very long time, I have been searching for these titles for two TV shows or movies, don't know which. Both shot in color, both live action. I saw one featuring a ghost visiting a woman (around 1991-1992), and one featuring a woman eating some sort of pet food which makes her face mutilate (1991-1992). I have asked these on so many horror forums, and no one knows, so hopefully someone here can help.

The ghost one featured a ghost visiting a woman in her bedroom. The ghost was visible and was shown wearing a blue sheet over itself. I cannot remember what the ghost looked like that well, but it floated, and I do not think it had a face. The only scene I remember is this. We see a woman laying in her dark bedroom, in what is probably the bedroom of her house or a hotel. As she calls out if someone is there, we see a ghost slowly making its way above stairs towards her bedroom. When the ghost finally approaches her room, floating still in the doorway, she calls out if I remember correctly a name, probably the name of a man she was close with, I think he came back for revenge. The ghost then flew towards her, which caused her to panic, not necessarily screaming, but squirming around the bed, as if she expected that and hoped it would not come true. The film is not "Beetle Juice", "the Entity",a Ray Bradbury ghost episode, or "the Woman in Black" (1989 version), although it is quite similar to the ghost in the bedroom scene from "the Woman in Black." Ghost strongly resembles  the ghost from this link:

http://www.johnsanidopoulos.com/2011/02 … igion.html

I have been suggested it is probably from a ghost reenactment show, but which one, I'm not sure. My best bet is "Unsolved Mysteries" or "Ghostwatch", but unfortunately, this scene is all I can remember to clarify that. It also had a "Tales from the Crypt" sort of feel.

This one I know exists, because someone told me they also saw this scene, although this is the only scene from the show/film they remember too. A dark-haired woman wearing a bathrobe/raincoat is seen in a kitchen cooking something, she has a pot of boiling water on the stove. She opens her nearly empty refrigerator to find something to eat, all she finds is a can of pet food (maybe dog food). She dishes out the dog food, her small dog comes rushing into the room thinking it is time to eat, but it sees the woman eating its food. The woman stares back at it growling with a monstrous transformed greenish face, somewhat like the face transformation from "the Exorcist", but no head spins. The dog rushes out of the room from fright. Most have suggested this is a werewolf film, but I am not sure. It is not "Mom", "My Mom's a Werewolf", or "the Boneyard", as individually suggested, probably one of the Howling films. It had some sort of "Tales from a Dark Side" feel, was not the movie.

Anyway, I know this is not much to go on, but can anyone please help? I am searching everywhere on the internet, and cannot find anything. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by horrorhitcher (2013-09-07 19:34:18)

Re: What are these titles? (Woman's face mutiliates, ghost visits woman)

You wanna know the truth...

I haven't a clue. But good luck. big_smile

Actually, you gave us a whole lot more than we usually get. 

Example (this is a real request that hasn't been solved yet after about a year)-

"There was a teen boy who was dating a girl, and his sheriff dad's buddies were hard on him.  At the end, the boy and girl dissolved the killer in a locked room with gas."

Though I can tell you it is not Ghostwatch.
Check back a few times, we do have about a 90-95% solve rate.

Any ideas at all? I have asked on tons of horror forums, and no one knows. I do not know what other information I could provide, but no guesses? I know I am not the only one who saw these shows/films.

Huh. It does seem vaguely familiar somehow. This is going to bother me for a while.

The first reminds me of a film that I can't remember the name up now.  Maybe it was a Bava film?  Something to do with a dying woman?

No idea why but that reminds me of Spaceballs. lol

I'm going to request a Lon check.

I know we don't get stumped here often but I honestly have no idea on either of these.  The second one does sound vaguely familiar (I, too, am leaning toward one of the Howling flicks) but as it's been decades since I've seen any of them except part 1, I can't say for certain. hmm

If Lon doesn't know, no one knows.  There, that's my yearly complement for Lon.

I'm going to give Howling 4 a try. If the second description is one of those movies it's the only one I can think of that might fit. Maybe part 2 as well later.

Last edited by NonEuclidean (2013-10-12 16:47:08)

floridapossum wrote:

If Lon doesn't know, no one knows.  There, that's my yearly complement for Lon.

You're too good to me.  Really, you are.  roll

I do not think the ghost film is a Bava film. It looked more modern, probably an 80s film, or a TV show such as Ancient Mysteries.

I looked at more werewolf films, and I think the werewolf film could be Terror at Red Wolf Inn, but do not quote me on that. I am going to look at the Howling films, but something is telling me it is not any film of the series, but of course, I could be wrong. If it helps, the mutilated face of the woman looked much like the mutilated face of the man seen from this film (Under Capricorn, a film of the 40s, directed by Alfred Hitchcock).

http://www.alfred-hitchcock-films.net/I … -295px.jpg

Someone on another forum just suggested the other day, the Kiss starring Joanna Pacula. They told me they might be wrong, since they did not see that film for quite a while, but they do remember a woman in it eating cat or dog food. It could also be possible that maybe this was a were-cat film instead. Now, that I am thinking about, I have a sneaking suspicion that is not any of the Howling films, still could be Terror at Red Wolf Inn, but if it was a were-cat film, maybe Cat People or Sleepwalkers. Does anyone have any other ideas

I was earlier thinking of one of the Critters films, but I do not think a scene where a woman's face transforms from eating some sort of food is in any of the films. It might be possible the woman's face transformed because the food was poisonous to her, or maybe it was a fantastical exaggeration of eating foods not made for us, such as dog or cat food.

Still no clue on the ghost film? Could it be Witchboard?

Last edited by horrorhitcher (2013-10-19 23:26:18)

No, it's not Witchboard.  I've seen that flick a dozen times; the only ghost you see is a guy with white hair and a goatee.

No,
I am Clueless too....

Just watched "the Kiss", and unfortunately, that is not the film I was looking for, I am at a loss here. I am still considering one of the Howling films, I guess I will have to see them. Someone also suggested "the Haunting of Sarah Hardy" for the ghost film, but that film is actually not about an actual ghost or haunting, I still believe it is from a ghost reenactment show, as I vaguely remember it as being loosely based on a true story, but it is not from any of the "Unsolved Mysteries" ghost episodes, so - sort of a mix between that series and the film "the Entity' though, and it is NOT from the 80s version of "Halloween."

Last edited by horrorhitcher (2013-11-14 00:39:58)

It's a long shot but could the second be The Stuff?

I do not think either is the Stuff. Either could be an Amazing Stories episode, an Amityville Horror, or a film from the House horror film franchise.

Last edited by horrorhitcher (2013-11-16 15:35:04)

Still no clue about the kitchen film, but though it came out in 1995, I considered the Sandman, and the 1992 made-for-TV movie Intruders, it could be quite possible this was from a paranormal alien encounter show instead, maybe I am confusing the ghost I think I saw with another flying figure.

Someone suggested on another site that the ghost skit is from the paranormal TV series, Haunted Lives: True Ghost Stories. They asked questions, I will post them to jog some ideas.

"Was the woman Emma Samms and did she have a swiss accent and was she wearing a night gown or a chemise?
Did the ghost look a bit like Brian Dennehy?
Did the music sound like eerie like wahoooooooo or was it plonky piano with violin string stabs?
Were the bannisters carved old wood or were they white and plain?
Was it all grainy and blue?
Was there a narrator talking about stuff in-between the acting scenes and were there cutaway interviews with people looking perturbed?"

I answered:

1) I do not know for sure, but she did look like her and had some sort of accent.
2) The ghost wore a blue sheet over itself, but if it was not, then it would probably be Brian Dennehy in disguise.
3) Can't remember, the music was just dark.
4) The bannisters were white and plain.
5) Yes.
6) I think so.

They posted a link of episodes from the series, so I should look at them, but I just wanted to give you all an update.

Regarding the werewolf film, I don't know, it did have a Tales from the Dark Side atmosphere, but I seriously believe it is either Sleepwalkers, one of the Howling films (has anyone here watched any of them?), or maybe Silver Bullet. I am also thinking Terror At Red Wolf Inn, but I don't know for sure. All I know is what I described.

1) Dark-haired woman in a bathrobe/raincoat cooking in the kitchen, having a pot of boiling water on the stove
2) Woman opens her nearly empty refrigerator, found a few containers, but a can of dog food
3) Knelled down, ate dog food, dog came in, saw her eating its food, she stared back, growled, and had this horrific greenish face, the dog I think was small and was gray or white

Also - the room was pale white, there was a table in the kitchen, and one of those lamps hanging above it.

Hopefully this will spring some ideas, if you have any more guesses, please recommend them, thanks.

Last edited by horrorhitcher (2014-01-13 00:29:56)

I brought the entire series of the Howling on E-Bay, so I will watch them so see for myself. I also brought Sleepwalkers and Mutator (which could be another possibility).

I still need to see Haunted Lives - True Ghost Stories, but that just has to be it. I do not know what else it could be, and I know I saw it. I could simply be confusing it for the fake ghost scene from the 80s version of Halloween, but I don't think so. It was an actual ghost, and I could have sworn it was loosely based on a true story.

It sounds like it could be the Howling or maybe the Howling two. I remember the scene you are describing almost to a T, but I am bad a placing films.

A friend of mine recently told me this might actually be a Korean film. He cannot remember much of the film, but the eating from dog food bowls was constant, and the woman kept some organ from a man in her refrigerator, can't remember what for, I do not know if this is it, or if it will help jog some memories, but hopefully it might. Any other ideas?

Update:

Just watched ALL of the Howling films, except the Howling: New Moon Rising (the 7th in the series), which I highly doubt is it. I still need to watch Sleepwalkers and Mutator.

Thinking back on the scene, I do not think it was rabies or demoniac possession, though many suggest it is a werewolf film, but I think there is something in the dog food the woman eats that has made her face terribly mutated (greenish color).

It did have quite a Tales from the Dark Side atmosphere, that is why I thought it was the episode, the Casavin Curse, but I saw the episode, and no pet is in it.