Topic: What movie scene scarred you for life ?

The Shining - when Danny sees the blood in the elevator.

Re: What movie scene scarred you for life ?

The Blair Witch ending, guy in the corner, camera falls on the ground fade to black. Now who the H3LL was holding the camera??? Brrrr... Nothing has scared me THAT much. YET!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-09 17:07:52)

^^^ When Mike and Heather are running through the house looking for Josh, each are carrying a camera; Mike's shoots in color, Heather's shoots in black and white.  So when "we" arrive in the cellar and see Mike in the corner, we're seeing it through the camera Heather is carrying.  But what makes it seriously creepy for me is that someone made Mike stand in the corner, and it's the same someone who gives Heather the el-kabong, silencing her and making her drop her camera.

But who could possibly make a grown man stand in a corner?  Perhaps someone with the ability to command minds?  Someone like, say...a witch? big_smile

Incidentally, as many times as I've seen that flick (somewhere around twenty, I think), I STILL get goosebumps during that final stretch through Heather's camera, going down the stairs and into the cellar.  Blargh, I just got goosebumps thinking about it LOL

Oh, and as for scenes that scarred me for life -- well I can't really say I'm scarred by them, but they really did a number on me when I was younger:

The Sentinel (1977) -- Cristina Raines stabs her father's ghost in the eye and his eyeball guts squirt out.

Original TV spot for It's Alive -- to this day I've never watched the actual movie, because I know it will never scare me as badly as the TV spot did when I was a kid.  And I like having that memory of being so scared.

Original TV spot for Magic -- see above

Halloween -- the broadcast TV premiere back in '81.  I was 10 years old.  Watched it at a friend's house and that night had to walk home six blocks by myself.  All the hairy shit I've been through in my life and not one of them scared me near as badly as having to walk home in the dark after that flick.

Yeah man, but I'm still liking to imagine that it's the witch holding it. Damn gotta rewatch it just to remind me the shakes that scene gave me... Awesome one, I'll NEVER forget that, ever.

The Salem's Lot TV miniseries back in '79.  The part where the guy is all alone in the cemetery during the day, with the wind blowing, and he gets down into the grave.

That and the kid's friend scratching at the window.  Freaking kids these days....
lol

When I was 12, my parents rented a copy of The Thing and said I could watch it with them. I was pretty much a horror movie virgin at the time, but I thought, "How scary could it possibly be? Its an old movie, I bet it will be SO lame and not scary."

Never have I retracted a statement so quickly.

Needless to say, it scared me, though I didn't truly freak until the blood test scene came up. At that point, I seriously wanted to stop watching, but I stuck with it because I didn't want my parents to think I was a wimp.

I actually didn't watch the movie again until I was 21, but I'm glad I did because now its one of my favorites.

Also, not from a horror movie, but there's a scene in The African Queen that I simply can't tolerate. I have an extreme (yet very irrational) fear of leeches, so when I saw the scene where Humphrey Bogart gets covered in leeches after being in the swamp, I was like, "NO. JUST NO."

Last edited by Dr. Salvador (2013-09-09 18:37:36)

^^
Ah, the dreaded cut-bug.

Every scene with Pennywise the clown from IT I was terrified of clowns and my brother made me watch it and it still scares the crap out of me

^^
Heh heh.  Vampy hates It.  I should rent a clown costume...

azathoth wrote:

I should rent a clown costume...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Animated/zoomdweebie_zps1bc5b918.gif

I chuckle at your feeble attempts to mock me...

https://59f21ade-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/BirdistheWord.gif?attachauth=ANoY7cqTpTuqG9sM4uCHxKilvy7bZS38ExyvC0IcV_MKYQnDdLWoim5C9POYAvXzk0in55kaxSQJV_FGJfpaKEWHpO8DstgKHyG2sZV6axZXy4CpBm9gozZ_EsS78AB2WbpyLfw73SQQqdUMHZMLS9Gt9mu137rvirsGZLFcVUSYPNdioXao1gsFViLMw6O78_syCNzXB1DvDDVVZeg9IfjDNj64cGjLiS6jt2QilbBSGIKoQjsP4ftFaov3tAMiwl6lzCoV_vYj&attredirects=0

(ironic how I reverse your own picture to your doom, mwahahahahhaha!)

And tritium fusion.  Yeah, that's the ticket!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Deuterium-tritium_fusion.svg/220px-Deuterium-tritium_fusion.svg.png

I dont think anything scared me for life but that scene in IT were Pennywise rips Goergies arm off freaked me out.

Pet Sematary, for me. Two scenes in particular: The opening graveyard scene accompanying the bone-chilling music...it's just grim, ugly, and incredibly creepy to me. Just listening to the music itself without the film is enough to freak me out. The second scene is the one in which Zelda writhes and twists in the back room on the mattress, as we clearly see her spine's indentation through her green-sick skin. That's some scary shit, in my opinion.

Touche, monkey man.  I've never been birded quite so effectively before.

Don't read into that.

There are many scenes in The Exorcist that sacred me, but the ones that stayed with me are:

Father Merrin, Father Damien Karras: The Power of Christ compels you!
Share this

Demon: Lick me, lick me!
Share this

Demon: Do you know what she did, your cunting daughter?
Share this

Demon: Keep away. The sow is mine.
Share this

Demon: Stick your cock up her ass, you motherfucking worthless cocksucker.

And this:

Demon: Your mother sucks cocks in Hell, Karras, you faithless slime.

When I watched this at a theater I was pretty young (11), and had no idea what I was in store for. I had heard plenty of cussing already, but not to this extent, and especially coming from a young girl.

Last edited by Underdog (2013-09-09 20:43:35)

I'll agree with JJ and admit Pennywise scared the crap out of me. I watched It when I was a kid and then I was afraid to climb off the top bunk.  The exorcist scared me pretty bad too.  Me and my sister slept in the same bed after that one! lol

Because of of Pennywise I had to get a head start and jump onto my bed.

Underdog wrote:

There are many scenes in The Exorcist that sacred me, but the ones that stayed with me are:

Father Merrin, Father Damien Karras: The Power of Christ compels you!
Share this

Demon: Lick me, lick me!
Share this

Demon: Do you know what she did, your cunting daughter?
Share this

Demon: Keep away. The sow is mine.
Share this

Demon: Stick your cock up her ass, you motherfucking worthless cocksucker.

And this:

Demon: Your mother sucks cocks in Hell, Karras, you faithless slime.

When I watched this at a theater I was pretty young (11), and had no idea what I was in store for. I had heard plenty of cussing already, but not to this extent, and especially coming from a young girl.

I was I believe nine or ten when I saw The Exorcist during a re-release in '80 or so (the older cousin who babysat me and my two sisters on the weekend took us to the drive-in regularly).  I wasn't into horror at the point but the movie didn't really bother me, mostly because my little kiddie brain didn't comprehend the weight of what I was seeing (subsequently, when I watched it again later in my teens, I understood just how truly frightening the flick is, hence its constant inclusion in my top 10 list). 

At any rate, the only thing about the flick that I remember upsetting me that first time was when Pazuzu spoke through Regan in Damien's mother's voice.  The part where she goes "Why you do this to me Damie?"  I don't remember exactly why, but I recall that moment really slugging me in the gut and upsetting me. lol

Exorcist as you all know made laugh and shake my head in disbelief but another scene that creeped me out is in 2010 I Spit On Your Grave with the guy tied to the tree with hooks in his eyes and the Crows eating them. BADASS. Extremely. Makes me shivers everytime. And I looove it. big_smile

The remake of House On Haunted Hill is another movie I watched when I was 12 or so. As a whole, the movie didn't really scare me, but the saturation chamber scene did freak me out somewhat.

^^^
Yeah that's a cool one too.

Samara out of the TV didn't scare me but the look she has before she attacks him is wild.
Love The Ring US, more than Ringu. My wife Sam is a badass chick. lol

kXnPunk wrote:

Yeah man, but I'm still liking to imagine that it's the witch holding it. Damn gotta rewatch it just to remind me the shakes that scene gave me... Awesome one, I'll NEVER forget that, ever.

This was a great pic Punk.  Lon was right with who would of been holding the camera (not that he needs me to declare that smile), and that scene scared me for the same reason he wrote...Who got him to stand in the corner?  Well, we kinda know, but you get my point.  smile  That scene though would be up there for me.

Others - Well, like so many on here, from Salems Lot, the kid at the window.

Paranormal Activity - The trailer.  Just freaked me out.  I've probably watched it a hundred times.  Then also, the footsteps and the lights turning on and off.  For no real reason...like the demon just thought he was a person walking around the house.  Freaks me out.

Magic - With the kid in bed, checking under the bed.

30 Days of Night. First, when they're looking through the binoculars.  They see what's coming and we don't.  Man that stuff freaks me out.  Next, when the guy with dementia goes out in the night, and the son goes to get him.

Scream - When Drew is outside, and can see Ghostface inside looking for her.  Then he see's her.  Something about the evil thing seeing you, their attention is on you...freaks me out.

Oh man, there's more.

Oh, heres another...

Sixth Sense.  The kid is shoved in that closet thing with the ghosts.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-09-11 23:07:57)

^^^
Yes a whole lot more, about every Horror flick has got a scene that I can't forget.
Aside one no need to mention which. lol

azathoth wrote:

The Salem's Lot TV miniseries back in '79.  The part where the guy is all alone in the cemetery during the day, with the wind blowing, and he gets down into the grave.

That and the kid's friend scratching at the window.  Freaking kids these days....
lol

Yeah, the kid at the window, classic.

also the last 20 mins of Halloween.

FT13, Jason coming out of the water.