Topic: HM Movie Night 19- 'Friday the 13th Gone Wrong' recap

Wow, that was one heck of an impromptu Movie Night!

Participants-
    azathoth
    Creature
    Crispy
    FloridaPossum
    Golem
    Lon
    Theli (yay 1st timer!)
    Vampy
    z3r0c00l, aka ZDog
    (special appearance by the hamster dogs)

Movies-
  Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood
  Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan.

You can find the podcasts here.

Lots of fun with various people popping in and out.  Plus Vampy got a nice jab at Lon big_smile .  The movies are bad.  We made them better with our witty repartee.  Hamster-dogs were out in full force when they woke up; Theli was impressed with their grouchiness at us.  By the end of Part VIII, Lon & I were just wondering when the pain would stop, lol .

Thanks everyone for showing up, especially since this was put together about 2(?) days ago.  Much fun as always.

Next up is HFest.
Lon and I spent some talking about which films should get in.  So far it's a nice mix of old & new, straight horror vs. funky horror. 
You can read the thread here.
And you can view and add your suggestions here.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-09-14 12:36:59)

Re: HM Movie Night 19- 'Friday the 13th Gone Wrong' recap

Yes, I felt properly picked on last night.  Thanks, Vampy.  Jeez.  High school flashback, getting picked on by a girl... lol

Yeah, it was fun, as movie nights usually are.  Shame more people didn't show because, man, talk about a couple movies that deserve to be ripped apart.  Toxic waste makes Jason turn into a human boy???  How grossly desperate must the Paramount execs have been to approve THAT storyline.  I mean what's next?  Jason is a demon baby who possesses other peoples' bodies?  Oh, wait...that actually was next...

^^
At least they didn't do the "[name] goes to space" route.
Oh... shit. lol

I showed but had troubles with these freaking DAMN Streaming shit sites. But hey, hopefully next time and especially on Halloween they'll be on You Tube. Grumble...

But MWAHAHAHA what funny Podcasts... lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-14 16:05:48)

Y'know, you could download them before hand.  That's what I do. big_smile

Yeah that's what I'll do from now on.
You know I'm all new to that stuff so I'll get used to it, no worries. lol

^^
I do try to find legal versions online for folks.  And you'll have the full list at least a week beforehand, so you can be prepared.

Yeah I know and it's cool, just that I didn't think about grabbing these ones before hand last night.
Dumb me. Or maybe that was Jack Dan. lol

@Lon-
After I told Vamps about the "high school... getting picked on by girls" comment, she told me to remind you that in high school, getting picked on by girls meant they liked you.  I dunno, maybe Catholic high school was different from regular high school?

@Punk-
Not your fault for this past movie night; it sprang up on Thursday, not giving people much time to prep.  Trust me, I pimp the living heck out of HFest for at least an entire week (and yet every year someone gets on Skype and asks, "are we watching a movie?" [headbang emoticon]).

azathoth wrote:

@Lon-
After I told Vamps about the "high school... getting picked on by girls" comment, she told me to remind you that in high school, getting picked on by girls meant they liked you.

Then I must have been a fuggin' STUD. lol

Though that does make sense; I was told by one girl that my legs were the talk of the girl's locker room.  Though I didn't know how to take that; I always thought it was guys who talked about girls legs, not the other way around.  For all I know it could have meant they thought I would have looked good in pantyhose. lol

^^^
Hahaha yeah.

http://s3.favim.com/orig/44/gif-hayley-williams-headbanging-paramore-Favim.com-373600.gif

Been meaning to ask, how long have you been doing this and thumbs up for doing so mate, err, monkey I mean. big_smile

LoudLon wrote:

Then I must have been a fuggin' STUD. lol

Though that does make sense; I was told by one girl that my legs were the talk of the girl's locker room.  Though I didn't know how to take that; I always thought it was guys who talked about girls legs, not the other way around.  For all I know it could have meant they thought I would have looked good in pantyhose. lol

MWAHAHAHAHA man... lol

kXnPunk wrote:

Been meaning to ask, how long have you been doing this and thumbs up for doing so mate, err, monkey I mean. big_smile

Our first Movie Night podcast, Gun Town (IMDB link), yo!, was May 7th, 2011 (podcast link).

After that, we did them sporadically.  The first HFest was 2011.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-09-14 17:59:07)

Yeah, I was one of the pop in/pop out participants for this impromptu movie night. I already had a pre-planned Friday the 13th marathon in the making, otherwise I probably would have stayed for both of the films. In any case, it looks like you guys had some fun! As for H-Fest...I'm thinking I might have to request some time off of work especially for that event.

The Creature wrote:

... As for H-Fest...I'm thinking I might have to request some time off of work especially for that event.

Now this is what we called one dedicated mofo!

Or something along those lines....
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxN2wYZUERWyMUy_YYFAFR8AAreSXlFyvt5TLdnHg1N8lB3Q_C

Didn't even realize it was a movie night, but still made it for a quick hello.

azathoth wrote:
kXnPunk wrote:

Our first Movie Night podcast, Gun Town (IMDB link), yo!, was May 7th, 2011 (podcast link).

After that, we did them sporadically.  The first HFest was 2011.

Holy H3LL, more than 2 years??? That's GREAT!!! Keep it on Monkey Knight, you RULE!!! big_smile

@Theli-
Hang around here long enough, the crazy finds you!

@Punk-
Yep, and most of them all have podcast if you ever get bored.  (I find Wolfy shouting "bollocks!" and trying to say "alumniuminumnum" (remember, in a British accent!) quite soothing to the soul.)

^^^
Yeah, got 3 listened now, I'll get to it soon enough. big_smile

Sorry I couldn't stay up for this one again guys. I am afraid was too tired again to do so and suddenly realised I had to do a lot of stuff the next day. Glad it went well though.

I will join in another movie night eventually.