Topic: Asian Horror-Alone (2007)

Have any of you seen the Thai film Alone? I recently watched it and thought it was an enjoyable film, but I don't know anyone else who's seen it. It’s about a woman named Pim who’s living a nice life in Korea with her boyfriend Wee. Pim was formerly a conjoined twin with her sister Ploy, but they had an operation performed on them when they were younger, which resulted in Ploy’s death. When her mother ends up sick in the hospital, Pim and Wee go to Thailand to visit her and they stay at Pim’s mother’s house. Things start getting crazy for Pim when the spirit of her dead sister begins haunting her. Anyway, if you’re into foreign horror films and you’re looking for something new, you should definitely check this one out. It's not really scary or anything, but it definitely keeps you thinking.

Re: Asian Horror-Alone (2007)

Haven't seen it, but I'll put it on my list.  I like Asian horror.

Someone put it up on YT with English subs (6 parts).

Last edited by azathoth (2013-08-29 15:17:16)

Seen it LOOOVED it. Never seen an asian one I didn't like and I'm sure it won't happen.
Their view on paranormal is far cooler than us. Here it's visually in your teeth but them it's much more tenebrous I find. ^_^

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-19 02:20:35)

Excellent film! Agree on Asain horrors....they know how to make them!

^^^
Definitely. And different cultures different views and I gotta admit that I love this part of the world's thoughts and views. big_smile

wH3LLcome to the MADhouse BTW, hope you'll enjoy as much as I do. smile

I went through a phase where I only watched Asian horrors. I still do mostly. But going back and watching a lot of old ones I have never seen, and at the same time trying to watch the new ones coming out tongue Not enought time in the day to watch all the horror!!

^^^
Story of my life... lol
And I say that and I don't work so imagine if I had a "normal" life. Hahaha

Have you seen LADDA LAND???

http://youtu.be/idD4OkWUxY0

Very nice one.