Topic: Michael Vick may be linked to a murder

http://www.charlotte.com/breaking_news/ … 84815.html

Authorities say professional football player Michael Vick, who has pleaded guilty to dog-fighting charges, may be connected to a Catawba County man found murdered at his home in April.

Investigators at the Catawba County Sheriff's Office have found paperwork that may link Vick to Roy Thomas Melton, a 38-year-old pit bull breeder who was shot to death, said Capt. Roy Brown.

Melton's body was found April 16 at his home on South Beulah Road by a friend, and when authorities arrived at the trailer, they found 30 pitbulls, many of which were puppies. The dogs were euthanized.

For the past five months, Brown said, investigators have been reviewing paperwork from Melton's home. Some of the names found in Melton's documents, Brown said, are the same as names mentioned in an indictment against Vick.

Brown said he is not sure if the names mentioned are names of dogs or nicknames for other people.

Re: Michael Vick may be linked to a murder

what?!?  that is insane.  it doesn't matter how much money or talent he has, he's still a *thug*

Damn, this is news to me. Oh well, I guess Vick will never wear a Falcons uniform ever again for sure.:(

Last edited by RIP (2007-09-21 07:36:52)

Actually not only will he never put on a Falcons uniform on again, he will never play in the NFL again.

BlackDeathDamien wrote:

Actually not only will he never put on a Falcons uniform on again, he will never play in the NFL again.

Very true and he lost $144,000,000 in it too. What a moron.

After reading this a few times, I actually think this is poor reporting.  It appears the only evidence they have is that some of the names that appeared on paperwork found in this guys home where also mentioned in Vick's indictment.  They don't even know if the names belong to dogs or people.

Until they actually charge him with this murder, I wouldn't hold my breath.

RIP wrote:

...and he lost $144,000,000 in it too. What a moron.

I don't know which to be more upset by; that this guy's involved in dog-fighting and may be involved in a murder, or the fact that he's getting paid a hundred forty four million dollars to run a little ball up and down a field. 

I mean, really.  Think about it.  Seriously.  A hundred forty four million dollars.  To play a game.  I mean, I play games, too.  Where's my hundred and forty four million dollars?

Fucking ridiculous.  And a tell-tale sign that this country's got its priorities all mixed up.

If he is involved in this murder, here's to hoping he spends every bit of it on a defense attorney. 

And loses.

LoudLon wrote:
RIP wrote:

...and he lost $144,000,000 in it too. What a moron.

I don't know which to be more upset by; that this guy's involved in dog-fighting and may be involved in a murder, or the fact that he's getting paid a hundred forty four million dollars to run a little ball up and down a field. 

I mean, really.  Think about it.  Seriously.  A hundred forty four million dollars.  To play a game.  I mean, I play games, too.  Where's my hundred and forty four million dollars?

Fucking ridiculous.  And a tell-tale sign that this country's got its priorities all mixed up.

If he is involved in this murder, here's to hoping he spends every bit of it on a defense attorney. 

And loses.

I think Vick was trying to focus more on passing the ball then running but it wasn't working, I didn't think he was a good passing QB but he could run, I think the money was fair if you look what he did for the franchise before and after Vick ATL wasn't very good if you take away the 1999 season.

I heard he is going to be in the new Longest Yard lol

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4763/longwv8.jpg

Only only way tyat Vick and other players get that amont of money is by the fans paying it. NFL games T Shirts Hats Posters food at a game.
Fans quit going the money stops. Simple.
Just llike films see the film buy the poster DVD all those making the film stars directors etc all get more  money for the next one. 
Tis us that pay the freight.

LOL, that's funny shit GW.:lol:

True dat, Wayne

vicks an ass and im laughing at his unfortunate events

goldenwarrior wrote:

I think the money was fair if you look what he did for the franchise before and after Vick ATL wasn't very good if you take away the 1999 season.

A conversation about a pro athlete making millions of dollars a year is a tough one for me to have.  I just don't think a professional athlete provides any kind of service worth that kind of money.  Or even a fraction of it.  Not while teachers, firefighters, police and social workers only rake in the low five figures.

Not trying to sound uppity or anything, just doesn't make sense to me.  But, I'll back off so as not to take this off-topic.
smile