Re: What "scenes" would you change in a horror movie?

^ Don't forget about the token fat guy they frequently throw in there.  The one that doesn't fit in, everyone is mean to, then dies a painful death.  big_smile  It is funny though that the same stereotypes are repeatedly used.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2012-11-05 23:51:25)

Oh yeah, him too. Fat guy who's too fat to run, so gets killed off fairly early. After several people, including his 'friends', have referred often, and rather unkindly, to his weight.

And the pathetic girl character. The 'save me, I'm only female and can't do anything for myself' one.

^ Yeah, there is her, and I know you particularly don't like the weak female character.  There is also frequently, the annoying and bitchy goth chick, who, I don't even know why she is there...cuz they hate her and she hates them, but I guess it makes perfect sense she would then be on this trip.  smile  Now don't get me wrong, I got nothin against goth chicks...there hot, I think you agree, just that its another annoying stereotype.

I would change situations where the dialogue that you would say, was said by the actors. I hate that.

For example, in certain situations it would make sense to say or explain something, but the dialogue just doesn't make sense.

^^
I would change Gun Town so Ace is thrown off of more tall things. big_smile

azathoth wrote:

^^
I would change Gun Town so Ace is thrown off of more tall things. big_smile

I'd re-shoot the whole fucking movie if I had the money.

Lords of Salem: I would change the last ten minutes of this movie. besides that. I loved this flic!! Rob. Z, showed maturity with his style and directing skills on this movie. Hated to hear he won't be doing any more horror movies in the near future.

AoD, Ash bangs the girl with the boomstick.
Or am I in the wrong thread?

I'd change The Ring where the kid's father and ex of Naomi gets killed, I loved this dude and was sad to see Samara grab and twist him up...

I would of changed the ending to the remake if the hills have eyes. I would of just had the family walk away without anyone stalking them.

Ghostseeker wrote:

^ Yeah, there is her, and I know you particularly don't like the weak female character.  There is also frequently, the annoying and bitchy goth chick, who, I don't even know why she is there...cuz they hate her and she hates them, but I guess it makes perfect sense she would then be on this trip.  smile  Now don't get me wrong, I got nothin against goth chicks...there hot, I think you agree, just that its another annoying stereotype.

As someone who's day to day wardrobe is 95% black, I hate this too. Not just in horror movies, but in any movie or tv show, the Goth character is always portrayed as a whiny, angst filled jerk/bitch of a loner who spends all of his or her free time complaining and writing bad poetry.

It's also complete bullshit. All the Goths I've known have been kind and intelligent people.

Since there will always be a surplus of slasher movies being made, I think it would be bad ass to have a Goth couple (either boyfriend/girlfriend or husband/wife) be the ones to survive and take down the killer.

As for what movies I'd like to change a scene or two, there are a lot, but I'd be here all day if I listed all of them, so I'll just go with one for now.

The remake of Last House On The Left. The death scenes weren't very good, except for the part where Francis gets brutalized by both of the parents. That part was awesome, as he got the most drawn out, agonizing death in the movie.

Specifically, I think Sadie and Krug got off way too easy in this movie. They're deaths should have been a lot more horrifying, considering they're the ones who brought the most harm to Mary.

I would have Jammie Myers acknowledge her daughter in H20.

JackBurton wrote:

when I was in HS, some friends and I made a short movie based on the original NOTLD.  The variation was that everyone gets on the roof with the gun and picks off the slow-moving zombies from 100 yards away...At the time, that was a huge gripe we had when we watched the original Night of the Living Dead...after making our little movie..we realized how boring the premise is..

Hah that's cool. But I totally get what you mean. I try to stop criticizing characters' actions because if they all acted like horror survivors, there wouldn't really be a movie.

Azzie mentioned this one already, but I really dislike the zombie baby in DOTD '04. Could have had some crazy survivors break in, or maybe a section of the mall getting overrun, to replace those scenes and kill off a few characters (there were too many) in the process.

Day of the Dead, one of my favourite movies, I would have extended the opening sequence where they're looking for survivors at the start.

I'll try to think of some non-zombie related ones tongue

I would change the ending to Seed Of Chucky. I'd keep the scene where Glen kills Chucky and Tiffany transferring her soul into Jennifer Tilly. I'd also think it would be cool if in the birthday scene she introduces her boyfriend none other than Andy Barclay to Glen and Andy and Glen both get the happy ending they deserve.

I'd change the ending to Seven.  John Doe turning himself in has always felt like a cop-out to me, like lazy writing.  What I would have done is keep the part where Pitt goes ballistic, then have Doe kill him (Pitt representing "wrath" in the list of seven deadly sins).  Then Doe makes his escape and lives on to finish his mission, while Freeman, haunted by Pitt's murder, decides not to retire and to instead spend the rest of his life tracking Doe down, hence never finding the relief from the ugliness in the world his retirement was to have allowed him.  That would have made the flick a true tragedy -- the good guys lose, the bad guy wins.

"Turns himself in."  Give me a friggin' break.

Added to what I said before, I would change the entire third act of 28 Days Later. I hate the military stuff.

For Red State, I really, really wish that they had have went with the original ending. I've read that it involved an angel swooping down and taking care of the crazy leader, right as the girl is killed (an innocent slayed) and from that the Rapture. The ending we got sucked.

Freddy vs Jason: I think it needed a big re-write, getting more direct involvement with Freddy. Jason roaming around killing everyone, and then no rest because Freddy has you if you sleep. Yet I don't remember Freddy killing anyone (or if he did, like one or two people).