Topic: Agents Of Shield (2013)

So after watching the pilot, I have to say I found it underwhelming. I think it's cool Marvel's expanding their film universe and whatnot, and I know this show isn't going to have the same epic scope as the movies with budget restraints and character usage and the fact that it's also supposed to focus on normal people behind the scenes of their job but it just feels like another forensic cop show. How do you guys feel about the new show?

Re: Agents Of Shield (2013)

Waiting for it to pop up on a torrent site right now.  Will give my thoughts after I've DLed and watched it.

Keep in mind that this show doesn't air in the UK until Friday so try and keep things as spoiler free as possible.

I enjoyed the pilot. Will be interested to see where it goes.

Not great, but not bad either, I thought.  Like any brand new show it'll take a few episodes (sometimes a few seasons) to find its stride and settle into its groove.  I'll stick with it.

Do you think we'll ever get A-list superheroes/villains on the show? I'd like to see characters like Silver Sable, Daredevil, The Punisher, and maybe even Ghost Rider but I have a feeling we'll just get C-list characters with downplayed powers which to me seems boring as Marvel has lots of big characters.

Well, Graviton's scheduled to appear some time in the next couple episodes, so I guess that's a start.

I've watched both episodes so far and while I think Gregg's doing great as Coulson (I still maintain there's a large potential customer base for a tee-shirt which reads "What would Agent Coulson do?") but the show itself has been pretty wobbly so far.  But, no big deal.  Plenty of shows take a season or two to find their sea legs, so I'll stick with it.