Topic: Trailer for Haeckel's Tale

Found this on Youtube this morning.  Its the trailer for John McNaughton's entry into the first season of Masters of Horror, Haeckel's Tale.  Its the French trailer..but there are only subtitles so its no big impedement.

Has anyone seen Haeckel's Tale?  It along with Fair Haired Child are the two I was most interested in seeing for a while now.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AQsExsno7A[/youtube]

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-09-29 14:28:16)

Re: Trailer for Haeckel's Tale

great post... looks cool.

I have never seen Haeckel's Tale nor Fair Haired Child.  The trailer looks pretty good though.  I am stoked to see any Masters of Horror episodes I have never seen.

Definatly...looks like a very twisted version of Frankenstein in a way.

I think this was the episode Romero was gonna direct before he had to drop.

Yea if you look at the end credits it says "In Association with George A. Romero".. Plus well it deals with zombies so it would most likely be the one he was involved with.. I like the trailer.. Will have to see how it looks when it comes out..

I've seen Haeckel's Tale. It's a great episode from a short story by Clive Barker.
The last episode to air but not the last episode of season one as we all know!
Also I've seen Fair Haired Child which was pretty good

Last edited by DemonToSome (2006-09-29 20:17:28)

Looks pretty bad ass.

I checked Haeckel's IMDB page....Romero was suppose to helm it.

Really hope he gets to do one.  Maybe he can make Diary of the Dead his entry smile

I really hope Romero will come threw and pull off a mind blowing episode.  Hah, I'd rather see Diary of the Dead a full length feature than a short.  Excited to see both.

I'm sure Romero will get his turn in time to come. If they've got directors who have just emerged into the industry making episodes, then I'm Romero will eventually get his chance.

Indeed.  Romero, Guilliermo del Toro, Rob Zombie, Eli Roth, Alexandre Aja,  and Neil Marshall are definatly folks I would love to see a Masters of Horror episode from.

I would absolutely love to see Eli Roth do an episode.  He would blow us the fuck away.  Rob Zombie and Romero would also be hell a cool.  Just dont see how Zombie could pull it off without the Firefly family by his side.  Just kidding, Rob Zombie is a horror director and always will be.

Let me ask the question.  Has anyone seen McNaughton's Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer?

Yeah, I've seen it many times.  It's a really disturbing yet amazing film.