Re: Screenwriting

Nah, this:

Ghostseeker wrote:

Punk - I'd check out your character.

^ Ohhhhhhhhh...duh!  big_smile  I'm just saying...if you had a show with a character like the one you described I'd check it out.  smile

Hahaha
Oh cool then, clear as water now. Thanks...

But yeah SHIELD is a nice one, catched it for the first time recently and enjoyed it very much.

Something NOT for canadians but might interest you from elsewhere.

Get a chance to get Weinstein use your script.
https://www.facebook.com/weinsteinco/ap … 6888237418

Really enjoyed reading Larry Cohen's Maniac Cop screenplay. I think I had more fun with it than with the resulting film.

I've only written one film script, and that was done when I was about 15 years of age. It's title was, "Adventures With the Living Dead". It featured two main stories, as a sort of zombie anthology. One story was about a group of young teens trying to survive the zombie apocalypse together. While writing it, I of course had in mind casting my personal friends as the characters. The second story was about a guy who leaves his apartment during the apocalypse to raid a grocery store for some much-needed food and supplies. Things go haywire when he runs into rough, tough, and mean group of men who were previously members of the National Guard (back when civilization was still intact, of course). Basically, I broke ALL of the screenwriting rules. I knew nothing about screenplays, except that each page was to equal about a minute of film. So the format is just...god awful. Any prodco who would dare turn to page 1 would immediately put it back down. lol

Oh, and the screenplay added up to about only 50 pages.
But, I was 15, so. That's my excuse. big_smile

I don't even know if I still have it. I remember giving a copy of it to my parents, and having all of my documents erased from the home PC. So hopefully it's still around here somewhere. I'd like to re-visit it again. hmm

Last edited by The Creature (2014-02-20 13:06:05)

The Creature wrote:

While writing it, I of course had in mind casting my personal friends as the characters.

Yes, I had exactly the same plans with my first ever script, "zombie apocalypse", which was just a handful of pages long and which I never produced. Casting friends is a great way of losing friends and/or having really crap acting in your film, I've since learned smile

mathisvogel wrote:
The Creature wrote:

While writing it, I of course had in mind casting my personal friends as the characters.

Yes, I had exactly the same plans with my first ever script, "zombie apocalypse", which was just a handful of pages long and which I never produced. Casting friends is a great way of losing friends and/or having really crap acting in your film, I've since learned smile

^ Yes, you never want to cast friends in your film, unless, of course, it's a slight acquaintance who you know on the front end is a quality actor. But casting a best friend just for the sake of having an actor? Big time mistake.

I'd cast only that...

And fail but I won't do my life goal, do a film for money so I don't care. Just the satisfaction of doing a Horror flick to DVD is worth it.

And damn these guys would be a freaking riot. Just need to find a few female hotties... lol