Topic: The House That Vanished (1974)

I'd never heard of this British film before. But a friend told me where to download it for free and I must say, it was very good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0070655/

It's a slow film, but extremely atmospheric. The low budget shows, but that only adds to the enjoyment in my view.

For some reason, the director saw fit to get every woman in this movie to show their naked breasts - even a middle aged woman aged about 55 - gets them out.

The ending was predictable, but I still have a couple of questions.

If anyone else has seen this film perhaps you could answer them. Thanks. smile

Re: The House That Vanished (1974)

Oooo I like the sound of this one! I LOVE "extremely atmospheric" flicks especially older ones!

Gonna check it out.

Now that I look at it I think I've seen it before.

DarkMistress wrote:

Well if you have seen it before, can you fill me in on the end. Something major didn't make sense.

Thanks. smile

Never seen it but downloading RIGHT NOW.
You got me at "For some reason, the director saw fit to get every woman in this movie to show their naked breasts - even a middle aged woman aged about 55 - gets them out." lol

I'll get back to you once I've watched it...

But it looks definitely atmospheric so very cool, I dig that too. Thanks bro.

Master Horror wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

Well if you have seen it before, can you fill me in on the end. Something major didn't make sense.

Thanks. smile

Hi, I "think" I have seen it and it is very FAINT in my mind so I don't remember the ending. lol
I will have to watch it again.

After I watch it I will let you know. smile

kXnPunk wrote:

Never seen it but downloading RIGHT NOW.
You got me at "For some reason, the director saw fit to get every woman in this movie to show their naked breasts - even a middle aged woman aged about 55 - gets them out." lol

I'll get back to you once I've watched it...

But it looks definitely atmospheric so very cool, I dig that too. Thanks bro.

Cool. big_smile

DarkMistress wrote:
Master Horror wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

Thanks. smile

Hi, I "think" I have seen it and it is very FAINT in my mind so I don't remember the ending. lol
I will have to watch it again.

After I watch it I will let you know. smile

Thanks. Much appreciated. I am a bit wary of giving any spoilers out.

By the way, some people don't think it's a very good film but I love the fact it was made on a shoestring budget and it's an unknown cast. Also that the ending is predictable, but that's a huge part of its charm. smile

^^^
Just finished watching it and man, what a cool movie. Atmospheric is definitely the right word to describe it. Brilliant film. Loved it so thanks very much for the heads up on it. Thumbs up!!! smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Just finished watching it and man, what a cool movie. Atmospheric is definitely the right word to describe it. Brilliant film. Loved it so thanks very much for the heads up on it. Thumbs up!!! smile

I have a question about the ending. I sent a pm to you because I didn't want to leave any spoilers here.

Thanks.

To which I replied. big_smile

I just replied. I guess two great minds think alike. big_smile

By the way, there's a British horror movie short called Sleepwalker, made in 1984.

This is atmospheric too.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1003059/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It's hard to get hold of, but I have the link to download that too.

big_smile

^^^
Yeah same kinda stuff too. Seen it, love it. H3LL it's a 80s one, OF COURSE I LIKE!!! lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-26 08:29:12)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah same kinda stuff too. Seen it, love it. H3LL it's a 80s one, OF COURSE I LIKE!!! lol

I watched it last night. big_smile

Dang I wanna watch it. VERY busy week again. Can't wait until the weekend so I can get caught up on some horror flicks this one included! LOL

DarkMistress wrote:

Dang I wanna watch it. VERY busy week again. Can't wait until the weekend so I can get caught up on some horror flicks this one included! LOL

I thought you said you've seen it already. wink

^^^
She wasn't sure if she did...

I "think" I have seen it

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
She wasn't sure if she did...

I "think" I have seen it

She still might have.

We'll only know for sure after she's seen it whether she's seen it before. big_smile

Hahaha yes we will. big_smile