Topic: October Weeks

So...I'm a writer. I write dark fantasy/horror/paranormal (I also write paranormal romance under a different pen name).

I have two releases out now:

The Red Barn (a short story told in the POV of an unfriendly ghost), and Ghoultown (which I mentioned in another thread, but it's set in world where ghosts and dark beasts are known to exist)

I have two releases coming out next month (which is both exciting and nauseating at the same time lol). You can find me at: www.octoberweeks.net

If you read my books, I'd love to know what you think! I love conversing with my readers big_smile

And now that I've gotten that out, I'm going to watch Haven, on SyFY.

Re: October Weeks

My novel, Over the River, is now available! http://octoberweeks.net/isles-and-west/

Re: October Weeks

Cool good luck with this!!! smile

Re: October Weeks

kXnPunk wrote:

Cool good luck with this!!! smile

Thank you!

Re: October Weeks

You're very welcome. I'll try to buy it sometime. Looks like something I'd enjoy. smile

Re: October Weeks

I do really like the music you chose for Over the River.

Re: October Weeks

kXnPunk wrote:

You're very welcome. I'll try to buy it sometime. Looks like something I'd enjoy. smile

Let me know what you think if you do big_smile


@onlybacon: Thanks! I had a lot of fun working with the company who did the video choosing the music and pictures and such for the video. I'm very happy with it smile

Re: October Weeks

I've decided to put up my dark fantasy/paranormal short story, The Red Barn, up on my website for free for the rest of the month. It's a tale told from the POV of an angry ghost.

http://octoberweeks.net/the-red-barn-3/

Re: October Weeks

Cool!  Will check it out. smile

Re: October Weeks

LoudLon wrote:

Cool!  Will check it out. smile

Let me know what you think!

Re: October Weeks

Taking a browse now, might get pulled away to vote for HFest movies.

Re: October Weeks

Just finished reading it. A fun little story, I dig the first person point of view of the ghost. Such virtriol.

Re: October Weeks

Theli wrote:

Just finished reading it. A fun little story, I dig the first person point of view of the ghost. Such virtriol.


Glad you enjoyed it smile

Re: October Weeks

I don't have pre-order links yet, but I do have news smile

My dark urban fantasy novel, The Damned, is releasing March 12, 2015 from Evernight Publishing! You can check out the cover here (the full cover, as it is my avatar at the moment smile ):

http://octoberweeks.net/

And here's the blurb:

Eight years ago, slayer Tuck Houston lost two of her closest friends to a Damned vampire named Josef Dragos—a beast who traded the sun for darkness and blood. She’s been hunting him since the day she walked into the carnage he created. But Josef has hidden himself well in the underground, from both slayers and other vampires.

When slayers around the globe start disappearing in a familiar pattern—Josef’s pattern—she’s put on the hunt. And despite the painful memories and very real threat to her future that come with tracking him down, Tuck is certain of one thing: she is going to make Josef Dragos wish he’d never been born.

Last edited by Haunted_October (2015-02-10 23:48:25)

Re: October Weeks

^^^
That's great news!!! Best of luck for this and damn the cover is way too BADASS!!! Loving it. smile

Re: October Weeks

Haunted_October wrote:

I don't have pre-order links yet, but I do have news smile

My dark urban fantasy novel, The Damned, is releasing March 12, 2015 from Evernight Publishing! You can check out the cover here (the full cover, as it is my avatar at the moment smile ):

http://octoberweeks.net/

And here's the blurb:

Eight years ago, slayer Tuck Houston lost two of her closest friends to a Damned vampire named Josef Dragos—a beast who traded the sun for darkness and blood. She’s been hunting him since the day she walked into the carnage he created. But Josef has hidden himself well in the underground, from both slayers and other vampires.

When slayers around the globe start disappearing in a familiar pattern—Josef’s pattern—she’s put on the hunt. And despite the painful memories and very real threat to her future that come with tracking him down, Tuck is certain of one thing: she is going to make Josef Dragos wish he’d never been born.

Fuck yea, sounds bad ass! Congrats!

Re: October Weeks

Thanks big_smile

Re: October Weeks

^^^
Good morning!!! big_smile

Re: October Weeks

Good morning! big_smile

Here's the book trailer for The Damned smile

http://youtu.be/t_GhjVtmmqg

Re: October Weeks

^^^
Woah this is way too damn KICK ASS!!! Can't wait to read more about this Dragos dude. smile

And H3LL that soundtrack KILLS!!!

Great job. Congrats.

Re: October Weeks

^^^^
Thanks smile

Re: October Weeks

http://files.sharenator.com/170167.gif

Re: October Weeks

^^^^ big_smile

If anyone here is on Goodreads, The Damned just went up. Not available for preorder yet, but you can put it on your To Read shelf smile

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25049770-the-damned


Also, I have two Advanced Reader Copies of the book (I only have them in PDF). If anyone here would like to read and review, let me know.

Re: October Weeks

^^^
Yeah on Goodreads and stuck it in my shelves.

As for the question if I want to read a PDF of it well, FUCKING H3LL YEAH I do. big_smile

Re: October Weeks

big_smile

Message me your email addy and I will get it to you!