Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Lets see...in the theaterThe Conjuring which I truly wasnt a fan of.

At home Return of the living dead 3

^^^
To each his own, I loved it.
H3LL, even more than NOTLD 3 so... Mwahahaha lol

The Haunting of Julia (1977)

7/10.

Hicks wrote:
Master Horror wrote:
Hicks wrote:

Europa report - Loved it! Not a horror movie per se, but definitely tense and terrifying. Very realistic also. 8.5/10

I started watching that last night, but I was a bit annoyed when it referred to 'lost cam footage'.

I'm not a fan of lost footage movies.

So you reckon it's good? Okay I will give it another go.

Hmmm, strangely, only now I realize this one is a LF movie. But the circumstances are so well set that it actually makes sense to be one. Def give it another go, but don't expect a Red Planet kind of sci-fi, though they are similar.

Thanks. I gonna watch it now.

Cronos

Europa report (2013)

Not bad. Could have been better.

As Hicks said, it's not strictly a horror film but there are many horror elements.

It helped the cast being unknowns. And mostly they were from Eastern Europe.

The acting was quite good but it didn't help the movie when the supposedly intelligent characters do really stupid things.

6.5/10.

Last edited by Master Horror (2013-09-29 10:44:17)

horrorfan26 wrote:

Cronos

IS AWESOME!!!

THE THIRSTY DEAD [1974] rewatch it's part of my BloodFest Tomb box.

Cheesy great weird fun this one is. Hey, IMDb rates it 2.something so yeah, I like this kinda stuff a whole lot. Just about everything is weird in this one. And I love that. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-29 10:25:38)

Lifeforce (1985)

Entertaining and very cheesy, just what I like. I really liked the opening where they make a discovery in space, too bad there wasn't more of that. Not a brilliant movie but if you go in with the right mindset it is enjoyable. It is vampires with a sci-fi twist, no blood-sucking but instead life draining. It also does get a kind of apocalyptic vibe later in, for fans of that.

Of course, there's the lead actress who forgets to wear clothes the entire way through, which may be seen as a bonus, tongue.

7/10

Sinister - Cool story, creepy and a great performance from Ethan Hawke. 8/10

I thought Sinister was uber creepy too.  Zombie Hunter, a riot.  8/10

Wrong Turn 2: Dead End

Mountain of The Cannibal God (1978)

4/10

Chernobyl Diaries (2012 - 8.5/10)

It's been awhile since a newer horror movie actually scared me. This one did it. Loved it!

Chomper wrote:

Lifeforce (1985)
Of course, there's the lead actress who forgets to wear clothes the entire way through, which may be seen as a bonus, tongue.

7/10

Oh I GOTTA SEE THIS!!! That's the kind of things I enjoy a LOT.

And floridapossum, damn Zombie Hunter looks great, will definitely look for it. H3LL, Trejo is in so can't be bad. big_smile

SHE'S CRUSHED [2009]

Man what a kick ass one. Was totally blazed by Natalie Dickinson in this. She's just mad.
A very nice one, entertaining from beginning to end. smile

The Creature wrote:

It's been awhile since a newer horror movie actually scared me. This one did it. Loved it!

Interesting, got quite a few bad reviews when it was released.

^^^
Damn these reviewers that always suck. I truely hate people not being able to see it on a different point of view. Films are made for only a reason. ENTERTAINMENT. And ALL of them do.

Please stop being so closed up and enjoy it, you'll feel MUCH better assholes...

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Damn these reviewers that always suck. I truely hate people not being able to see it on a different point of view. Films are made for only a reason. ENTERTAINMENT. And ALL of them do.

Please stop being so closed up and enjoy it, you'll feel MUCH better assholes...

Don't get me wrong I feel the same, there are several films that are derided by critics which I love e.g Kim Newman appears to think Frankenhooker is rubbish but I LOVE it.

^^^
Yeah I don't understand even why they exist these reviews. I think we are able to make our minds up about something without having somebody tell us how we should feel. I don't care about what others think really.

Critics ANNOY me.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Yeah I don't understand even why they exist these reviews. I think we are able to make our minds up about something without having somebody tell us how we should feel. I don't care about what others think really.

Critics ANNOY me.

I think reviews are quite interesting to read so you can see someones else's opinions on a film, it all adds to horror discussions. Doesn't mean you have to agree with them.

Vasquez wrote:
The Creature wrote:

Interesting, got quite a few bad reviews when it was released.

I have my few complaints, but all in all, I thought it rocked the casbah, man.

and who cares if the Shareef don't like it (see what I've done there)! tongue

Cry_Wolf

The Creature wrote:

I have my few complaints, but all in all, I thought it rocked the casbah, man.

and who cares if the Shareef don't like it (see what I've done there)! tongue

Hahaha Oh yeah man.

And true Vasquez, nice to see someone else's opinion but as I don't care about their opinions at all they still annoy me. lol

YOU'RE NEXT [2013]

Damn that was crazy aweomely cool and badass as mad. Truely a fantastic one that creeped the H3LL outta me.

YES!!!

Kingdom of The Spiders (1977)

William Snatcher fighting a Spider Invasion, what's not to like?

^^^
Some would say the Spiders as they creep them out. lol
But I'm not from that kind. Hahaha