Re: Best Movie In a Series

The first Hellraiser is definitely worth your while if you've never seen it.

riverash wrote:

Are you afraid of the dark was pretty good but my kids like the haunting hour tv series and the nightmare room, but back to the topic Army of Darkness had to be my favorite out of the evil dead movies.  I still need to see the remake though.

Been meaning to watch The Haunting Hour, a lot of it's reviews are very positive and I've heard despite being for kids it's actually pretty dark for a kids' show.

@River-
If Army is your favorite, I doubt the ED remake will supplant it.

I love horror movies.

^ - What would your favorite entry be in each of the listed series?

You're probably right but I'll still give the evil dead remake a shot some time.  I like really scary movies but I also like the goofy ones too.  As for the haunting hour it is definitely creepier than goosebumps or any other kids show that I've seen.

Friday the 13 VI
Halloween II
A Nightmare on Elm St III
Evil Dread
Hellraiser II
SAW
Scream

riverash wrote:

You're probably right but I'll still give the evil dead remake a shot some time.  I like really scary movies but I also like the goofy ones too.  As for the haunting hour it is definitely creepier than goosebumps or any other kids show that I've seen.

The Evil Dead remake is pretty good, definitely worth a watch.

I'll try to watch The Haunting Hour when I can, sounds like a good show. If it's anything like Are You Afraid Of The Dark it may very well become a new favorite show of mine.

My brother went to the evil dead musical last year and had a blast. I'm thinking I'm going to have to go this time. Anybody else seen it before? Not sure that I would want to set in the splatter zone though lol

Never seen it but I've heard of it.

mike3881 wrote:

Friday the 13 VI
Halloween II
A Nightmare on Elm St III
Evil Dread
Hellraiser II
SAW
Scream

What about the rest of the series?

I think I forgot the Night Of The Demons films before, I believe I've only seen bits of the first and third movies.

I don't think I mentioned Wishmaster before, did I? I've seen the first two and liked them both, with the original being better.

The first Wishmaster was definitely the best, but the second one was pretty good too.  They got rid of Andrew Divoff and had someone new for the third and fourth one.  I didn't really like the new djinn as much. Although the third wasn't that bad because I still watched the fourth one.

Yeah, I heard Divoff didn't return for 3 and 4, that was a disappointment. He was awesome as the Djinn in the first two and the character deserves to be more iconic.

Boogeyman 3 is the freaking best.

Not really Horror but my favorite of the trilogy is really near it. Millenium 3 rules all of them. The way she kills her dad is BRILLANT, wonderful cinematography.

Poltergeist the first is truely the best of them ALL. Third is oh man please, iced water in a parking lot??? WTF??? Still enjoyable but never as much as the KING first one.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-09-15 19:04:52)

Haven't seen the Boogeyman films, but the first one seems pretty universally disliked.

^^^
Yeah, it's not THAT bad but compared to the others it doesn't come close at all. That's the baddest of them to me. Strange though because normally a first one is great which make them go for sequels. Guess it made enough cash to justify continuing...

I'll see them all sometime, even the first, just to give it a fair shake.

Yeah, I do the same too. Even if they make hundreds like Saw. Ah yeah I know, 100 is exageration but you get the point... lol

I know what you mean big_smile I always want to see every movie in a series to complete it.

Yeah, don't want to miss anything with characters I've know to love and see develop. smile

It's a definite OCD tendency of mine too, just always like to complete a set.

Did I mention Re-Animator before? Not sure if I did. I saw the original which I liked a lot.

Rewatching Trick 'r Treat recently for the Halloween season reminded me what a great movie it is and how awesome all the intertwined segments in it are. My favorite by far in the movie is easily the one with Sam and Kreeg.