Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Kingdom of The Spiders (1977)

William Snatcher fighting a Spider Invasion, what's not to like?

8/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-10-01 03:29:34)

Vasquez wrote:

William Snatcher

I don't usually point out minor errors in people's posts, but this one caught me off guard. lol

The Creature wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

William Snatcher

I don't usually point out minor errors in people's posts, but this one caught me off guard. lol

Snatcher, yeah. Because he snatches good roles form proper actors.

^^^
Mwahahaha Yeah. big_smile

The Creature, you've got the eye man, I didn't even notice. lol

A HUGE BUNCH OF BANANAS FOR azathoth for mentioning this one and showing me THAT pict:

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e7369e4dd5e86312a0de59a34b3014ea/tumblr_mpyf4rgLIW1rlukbko1_500.gif

SHAKTOPUS [2010]

Man, what a freaking blast. It's rated 3.3 on IMDb so it CANNOT be bad. Anyways, it's a SyFy movie so man is it good or what??? H3LL yeah it is. Not only the creature effects but story and acting are also very entertaining. Ahhh gotta LOVE pure cheesiness. lol

The Creature wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

William Snatcher

Just noticed my mistake lol

Ghost Story. I couldn't remember if I'd seen it or not. Turns out I have. Didn't love it.

I'm kind of feeling like I've seen all the good haunting movies sad

Ever seen Legend of Hell House (1973)?  The Sentinel (1977)?  The Haunting (1963)?  The Changeling (1980)?  Stir of Echoes (1999)?

I watched Cabin Fever today. I think that movie might be one of my favorite movies of the modern era of horror movies. Shut up the 2000's just happened..lol Most of my movie collection comes from the 80's.imo the golden age of horror.

LoudLon wrote:

Ever seen Legend of Hell House (1973)?  The Sentinel (1977)?  The Haunting (1963)?  The Changeling (1980)?  Stir of Echoes (1999)?

Yes and I'm pretty fond of all those, especially The Haunting.

Hicks wrote:
The Creature wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

William Snatcher

Snatcher, yeah. Because he snatches good roles form proper actors.

Oh, snap!

@Punk - Indeed, my third eye see's ALL!

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (re-watch, 8/10)

It's been a few years since I've watched the film, but I've always retained my opinion that it's a good flick despite the general audience's dislike of it. H3 is a very solid horror/sci-fi film with a unique story and some (IMO) pretty disturbing little elements and scenes throughout. Also a childhood favorite of mine that hasn't yet lost its steam.

Insidious 2. Wasn't too creeped out. But I did enjoy it. My gf was scared shitless though. Can't wait for 3.

Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)

Whew, that title is long-winded. Got bored of the straight-to-dvd Hellraiser latter half, which I'll return to eventually, so decided to resume this series. As safe as they play it with this franchise, I do consistently enjoy it, despite most never breaking past mediocre. They're a comfortable horror experience, if you ask me.

Anyway, the addition of a psychic foe to tangle with Jason was interesting and also executed quite well. They did need to change things up a bit, and I enjoyed the final confrontation quite a lot. Some memorable kills and Jason at his best, so this one ranks highly in the series.

7/10

I can't help but wish that the Freddy/Jason face-off took place in the late '80s, maybe replacing this movie entirely and also canning ANOES 4 around 1988. Hellraiser was also in its prime so would have been amusing to get that Pinhead cameo.

Dr Phibes Rises Again (1972).

Liked it better than the first. 8/10

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-10-02 17:35:17)

David Cronenberg's The Fly (re-watch - 9.5/10)

Nothing short of being a phenomenal film.

Fright Night 2 New Blood - as a lot of flaws and isn't at all a sequel but it's highly entertaining and bloody. 7/10

I've been spending a lot of time on Netflix lately so this might be kind of long.

Black Sunday (1960)- Good, not great. Anyone with a soft spot for classic horror will like it. 7/10

The Possession of David O'Reilly - Hadn't heard of this one but the write up on Netflix caught my eye. I wasn't disappointed. 7/10

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - Even at 13 Jodie Foster was an incredible actress. 8/10

Apartment 143 - As much as I love a good ghost story this one just didn't bring anything new to the table. 6/10

Absentia - I really liked this one since it was fairly unique. The low budget was noticeable but not really a distraction. 8/10

Blood Runs Cold - Another faceless slasher flick with no real back story. Mindless fun but not much more. 6/10

The Theatre Bizarre - Not much to say. I didn't hate it. 5/10

Grave Encounters 2 - I didn't expect to like it as much as the first one and I was right. Not a bad movie though. 6/10

The Devil's Rock - A New Zealand made movie about Nazi's summoning demons. It's actually better than that description makes it sound. 7/10

Quarantine 2 - Meh. 5/10

Silent House (remake) - I liked it at least as much as the original, maybe more. 8/10

Midnight Movie - This thing actually looked like it had a smaller budget than Absentia. 5/10

Apollo 18 - Slow. Very, very slow. 6/10

Timecrimes - Such a fun and enjoyable movie. 8/10

American Mary - Decent movie but not much of a true horror flick. 7/10

Silent Hill: Revelation - Just another sequel that doesn't live up to the original. 6/10

Mum & Dad - Such a beautifully twisted movie. 7/10

The Collection - Nowhere near as good as the first one. 5/10

Ghostwatch - Interesting premise and it would have been great to see when it originally aired. 7/10

The amazing thing is that none of these are rewatches.

Last edited by bentheprop (2013-10-02 22:21:50)

Wow, that's quite a lot there ^

Definitely agree on Timecrimes, thought it was a brilliant (if a little weird) time travel movie.

bentheprop wrote:

How so? I would be interested why you think it isn't horror.

Halloween: H20
Hallow's Eve
Creepshow

The Creature wrote:

@Punk - Indeed, my third eye see's ALL!

Oh now I SEE!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/11/article-2216319-157540C4000005DC-614_634x712.jpg

lol

BAD KIDS GO TO H3LL [2012]

Oh man, ohmanohmanohmaaannn!!!

An Horror Breakfast Club. How cool is that???

Very much to tell you the truth.

Bunch of teens of course with amazingly GORGEOUS hotties get locked up in dentention in a library which is Haunted apparently.
Loved the House On Hanted Hill idea, especially with this Pscychiatric dude that films them. I was blazed by it and it was a great surprise, I didn't really know what to think of the DVD short description on the box...

People get killed but one and I'm glad it was her. Always digged Augie Duke. I loved the Nailgun Suicide she does, INTENSELY COOL!!! big_smile

And boy Ali Faulkner man, woooo the cute bomb. smile

Yup extremely cool with good dialogs and all.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-03 14:39:44)

Nothing Left To Fear 2013

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1662293/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It wasn't the best horror ever but it was okay. It's a slow film that just about gets somewhere about 50 minutes in.

Usually I quit movies that irritate me, before I finish watching them. But with this I stayed with it.

Typical CGI is employed. The film could have been better.

I give it 5/10 on the IMDb, , but really it's 4.8. Not quite a 5.

Vasquez wrote:
bentheprop wrote:

How so? I would be interested why you think it isn't horror.

H3LL yeah me too!!! O_O

Master Horror wrote:

Nothing Left To Fear 2013

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1662293/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

It wasn't the best horror ever but it was okay. It's a slow film that just about gets somewhere about 50 minutes in.

Usually I quit movies that irritate me, before I finish watching them. But with this I stayed with it.

I used to quit movies like that too but I've tried to stick to 'em. Never heard of that one and it has very few votes on imdb, how'd you hear about it?

H3LL man, freaking Slash producing... Woah yeah. big_smile