Re: Last horror movie you watched?

DarkMistress wrote:
The Creature wrote:

^ I've always enjoyed The Terror quite a bit.

Cool! 

It's always a pleasure to meet another Terror fan! smile

I love The Terror! big_smile

Re-watched Session 9 last night. I never get tired of this one. Few haunting movies give me chills after repeated viewings, but somehow this one still does it for me. It does feel a bit lazy in some parts (there's a familiar canned scream here and there for example), but overall an excellent haunter to be sure.

Wrong Turn  (2003)

4.5/10

Not as good as they say.  Desmond Harrington's acting is particularly bad.

I actually prefer some of the sequels.

I also watched  (double bill) The Hills Have Eyes (2006)

Good movie. 8/10.

Master Horror wrote:

Wrong Turn  (2003)

4.5/10

Not as good as they say.  Desmond Harrington's acting is particularly bad.

I actually prefer some of the sequels.

I cannot NOT like it. H3LL, ELIZA DUSHKU!!! I don't care about nothing else truely. Yeah, I love her THAT much... lol

Thirst (South Korean 2009)
gave it 4 out of 5 stars on Netflix.

At first - 10 minutes in - I was turned off by something about it, but this was a film by the director that did Oldboy so I stuck it out.
So if you liked Oldboy, you should like this one too. Interesting take on Vampires. Kind of a long film. Typical of South Korea maybe?

Available on Netflix Canada. Didn't check if it was on USA.

NonEuclidean wrote:

Re-watched Session 9 last night. I never get tired of this one. Few haunting movies give me chills after repeated viewings, but somehow this one still does it for me. It does feel a bit lazy in some parts (there's a familiar canned scream here and there for example), but overall an excellent haunter to be sure.

That was a great movie that will surprise first time viewers.

Flower of Flesh and Blood.

kXnPunk wrote:
DarkMistress wrote:

I'm about to tuck myself in for the night and watch The Terror with Boris Karloff and Jack Nicolson.

Right after I go to Harvey's to try their new bacon and mushroom, poutine! big_smile LOL!

Nite!

What a cool night, Bacon, shrooms poutine AND THE FUCKING TERROR!!!
AMAZING one really. Always digged this one.

Watched my LOVELY OH SO DAMN SEXY Danielle Harris again in:

HATCHET 3 [2013] rewatch

Woah man, she was even better than she always is in this one. Damn the girl is badass. And I loved everything even more that second time really. I'm sure everytime I watch it it'll get even better than it really is. YOU HAVE TO SEE IT!!!

HA HA HA!!  Yes it was a cool night. ROFL!

Try  the poutine! You will love it! big_smile

Bubba Ho-Tep (2003, re-watch) - 8/10

A very unique and fun comedy/horror/drama film from a horror fan favorite, Don Coscarelli.

Hicks wrote:

The original Dark Water - Although I enjoy asian cinematography, I still don't understand why is this one so appreciated among other classics from the same period. Still, a good watch.

I LOVE this film. And its not just for the amazing cinematography but I really connect to the mother - daughter characters and their relationship. I felt so sad for the little girl at the end.

Curse of Chucky - beautifully shot and surprisingly well crafted horror movie that even manages to be creepy at times. Great acting, gory kills and some nice twists. Easily the best horror film of 2013 so far, def. should have gotten a major theatrical release.

Finally Revealed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMPa3z38OLU

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Curse of Chucky - beautifully shot and surprisingly well crafted horror movie that even manages to be creepy at times. Great acting, gory kills and some nice twists. Easily the best horror film of 2013 so far, def. should have gotten a major theatrical release.

Well I did enjoy it better than the supposed masterpiece Your Next but I personally think there have been better this year e.g  Juan Carlos Medina's Painless. I respect ur opinion though.

Curse of Chucky...Actually liked the story glad they made it more serious than previous sequels

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I didn't hate it. The ending seemed over long though, and the final scene didn't make a lick of sense considering what happened right before. Unless it was a flash back scene? I don't know.

The Strangers (2008) - 7.5/10

Creepy, intense, and terrorizing. But the film ended with questions unanswered, and I wanted to see what happened next, dammit! There is without doubt a need for a sequel. It's a good film, despite the unsatisfying ending. I was left with almost a feeling of incompleteness.
Note: The lead is Liv Tyler, and she is of course, beautiful!

NonEuclidean wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

I didn't hate it. The ending seemed over long though, and the final scene didn't make a lick of sense considering what happened right before. Unless it was a flash back scene? I don't know.

I thought that the ending was supposed to set up Bride of Chucky.

Suspiria_89 wrote:

I can agree with you about it getting a theatrical release, its certainly a lot better than a lot of the crap that Hollywood spews out nowadays which ends up there instead. In fact there is very RARELY a film I want to go and see at the mainstream multiplexes nowadays, even when so-called horror is on (e.g the upteenth final destination). You have to go to the independent cinemas most of the time for the quality stuff.

I am going to watch Hardware, Stagefright (1987), Carrie, Frankenhooker and the original Texas Chainsaw at a all night event in Edinburgh soon at the city's Cameo picturehouse for example, Can't Wait!

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-10-10 05:34:48)

NonEuclidean wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

(I don't know how to use SPOILER tags here, so avoid reading this if you haven't seen Curse of Chucky)

I didn't see it as a flashback. I think it was a conclusion to show that what Chucky tried (prior to this post-credits scene) will never work, or else the jump scare at the end interrupted things.

Last edited by Chomper (2013-10-10 10:25:35)

The brood (1979) 8/10

I had my doubts when I first started to watch it, however those quickly got thrown out the window, overall an excellent film!

Chomper wrote:

(I don't know how to use SPOILER tags here

Just change text color to black, so it blends into the message box's black background, as such:

[color=black]type your spoilery stuff here[/color]

So it ends up looking like this:

SPOILER WARNING (left click and drag below to read)

Scavenger has a small willie.  It is known.

END SPOILER

Easy peasy.

@Lon - Out of everything you could possibly say, you said that? lol

Heh heh heh... big_smile

Vasquez wrote:

I am going to watch Hardware,

Oh I FREAKING DIG this one. Awesome.

That's the fault of DarkMistress, she posted the poster in the Random Thread so I had to watch this masterpiece again. Been a while I haven't. And it STILL RULES!!!

CURSE OF THE DEMON [1958]

Oh yes what a truely wonderful piece of good old school creepy cinema this is. Insane story, insane acting and insanely beautiful shots. KICKS ASS!!!