Topic: The Walking Dead, Season 4

You guys know the drill.  Discuss the latest season of everyone's favorite zombie-centric show, but keep in mind that while the show airs on Sunday nights in the US and Canada, our jolly chums across the pond don't get it 'til several days later, so NO OPEN SPOILERS!

If you are unsure how to post a spoiler, find out how here.

Discuss away. smile

Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4

Ok, so just to clarify, you definitely want the invisible font for spoilers?  No just announcing *** SPOILER *** in the post?

I know it's a bit of a pain.  It used to be that simply posting...

SPOILER

Blah blah blah

END SPOILER

...seemed more than fair, but there was always some dumb-ass who would read the spoiler anyway, then bitch that it was right there in the open to be read.  And since dumb-assedness is incurable, best to just go ahead and black it out, so the dumb-asses will have no reason to complain.

If there were an easier way to do it, I'd post it.  But there isn't just now. hmm

What's with that poll though???

At the end he does fart, no other option possible...

Yes, I know. big_smile

^^^
Hahahaha Of course you do. lol

Just finished watching this season's premier episode, directed by special effects master, Gregory Nicotero. It was a good entry/kick-off, and it looks like we can look forward to meeting and getting to know a bunch of new characters.

spoiler

We also get a few likeable characters killed/zombified right off the bat, which I enjoyed seeing in the very first episode of the new season. It definitely gets me geared-up for the stirring and heart-wrenching season that this is likely to be.

end spoiler

Very much looking forward to seeing the Walking Dead story continue to unfold itself in this new season. big_smile

I'll admit to not liking a large portion of season three, which made me nervous about season four. But I was pleasantly surprised last night smile

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

spoiler

I LOVED Daryl in this one! The whole detective thing was just funny smile And Carol telling him that he'll just have to live with the love was priceless. I also loved the whole store scene and the walkers dropping down from the roof. The whole scene with Rick and the woman, when he was asking her the three questions, I will admit to tearing up a bit.

Am I the only one who thinks something is going on between the sick pig and the kid who died in the shower at the end?

End spoiler

All in all a great season opener!

Last edited by Haunted_October (2013-10-14 19:56:30)

What I think...

SPOILER:
I think whatever killed that kid has something to do with not only the pig, but also the walker Rick kept looking at at the gate, the one with the messed up eyes.  The kid's eyes resembled that walker's quite a bit.  I'm thinking some kind of super-virus flu-type thing.  Not good, with so many people confined in such close quarters.

Also, I think the woman Rick follows to her camp (played by Kerry Condon, who was cute as a button in the Jet Li flick Unleashed) is going to be showing up again later on down the road.  It's not like Rick to leave a potential walker to turn; that he did should come back to bite him in the ass.  As the writers have always said, their main goal is to have Rick always try to do the right thing, only for it to blow up in his face.  I'm thinking that's what's going to happen with her.

END SPOILER

I agree, I think it's a great, solid start to the season.  I counted no less than six potential sub-plots in this first episode of the new season, which is exactly what I was hoping for -- lots of potential drama and interpersonal conflict.  It reminded me of season 2 in a lot of ways, which is good, because season 2's been my favorite season thus far.

Man the new characters are cool.
And I agree with all your spoilers guys.

I enjoyed it. Not quite the action packed episode I had imagined, but still good. Would have been nice to have a 90 minute episode.

I liked the first episode! I see the 2nd episode being better!  Can't wait for sunday!! I always see myself catching little things better when I watch the 2nd time around.

Last edited by MYERS4EVER (2013-10-14 22:09:55)

What?!  It started and I missed it?  Someone is gonna pay.  Probably Boson Bobby, but whatever.

http://o2.aolcdn.com/dims-shared/dims3/PATCH/format/jpg/quality/82/resize/270x295/http://hss-prod.hss.aol.com/hss/storage/patch/f1f83a800d20b63f9aebd817371df57c

^^^
This little dude is WAY TOO CUTE to pay. Get something REAL damnit!!!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0x8tkmcdV1qcw9y0o1_500.jpg

I haven't seen it yet, but am eager to.  Am surprised 25.5 hours after the premier, not one post about it.  Have the the show dropped a bit?  I know it hasn't aired yet on "the other side" but still would of expected something.  I'm not complaining...just thought it was interesting.  I'd guess if the show stays as good as the past couple seasons, the buzz I'm not feeling surrounding it, will return.

^^^
Not one post but an entire thread, much better if you ask me. lol

I can't believe that no one posted a "Hey, Walking Dead is back in [X number of days]!"

I didn't even see any TV ads for it. ???

azathoth wrote:

I can't believe that no one posted a "Hey, Walking Dead is back in [X number of days]!"

I didn't even see any TV ads for it. ???

PVRed the episode, but haven't watched it yet. Not much fanfare though. Everyone was talking about it last year, and no one has even mentioned the season premier to me. It seems Breaking Bad, and to a lesser extent, Dexter's season finales are still on people's minds.

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Not one post but an entire thread, much better if you ask me. lol

No Punk - Even with the Thread (which is a good idea and to be expected), still not one post on the thread from anyone about seeing the show.  That's what I meant.

Theli - You seem to feel the same vibe I do...just kinda...blah, its back?  Oh great...blah.  Then you bring up an interesting point with Breaking Bad and Dexter, and I had been wondering that exact thing.  I am an example...I am looking forward to Walking Dead, but still in a hangover from Breaking Bad, so its difficult for me to feel too much this soon.  So, wonder if others feel that way?

Like I wrote, if its as good as last two seasons, I'll be right back...waiting between episodes for next to start.

Az - Yeah, that point too.  A fan like you didn't even know it was coming.  If there was this "buzz" you woulda know, especially with you on this forum.

This first episode of Season 4 was the highest-rated episode in Walking Dead history!! Dead is more popular then ever!! 6.1 million more viewers then the Breaking Bad Finale!
http://www.eonline.com/news/469877/the- … on-viewers

Last edited by MYERS4EVER (2013-10-15 01:37:49)

We are the embodiment of The Walking Dead.  The thread is almost redundant.

The Dead will never die! (literally)

Yeah Ghostseeker. I get your point.

azathoth, but WHERE THE H3LL ARE YOU LIVING???

Twitter and Facebook have been announcing it for a DAMN LONG WHILE!!!

I don't understand how the H3LL you didn't know about it...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-15 22:10:33)

I enjoyed it.
No surprise there wink

You have no excuse for not seeing it now. It's on here:
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead … n-amc-com/

Ok...just saw it!

Can you believe they killed off Rick so early!!?!?!?!? 

*** JUST KIDDING *** big_smile

Sorry, I had to do that.  My thoughts below (left click and drag to read):

What was up with the scene at the end?  How did the kid turn to Zombie.  I think Carl killed him, and then he turned cuz he died (like they discovered happens).  My wife thinks he was just sick.  What happened? 

Also, why couldn't they get that shelf off the dude...seriously?  All of them couldn't lift it off him?  Plus, why the hell did it fall anyway? 

So, other than that, thought it was an ok episode.  A couple surprises.  It typically amps up later in the season. 

I haven't heard, are the breaking up the season again?