Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Hellraiser: Hellworld

The Canadian exploitation picture Death Weekend aka The House By The Lake (1976). One of the best examples of 70's exploitation I have seen yet.

8/10

I am about to watch ANYTHING "Vampires"!!  Got a CRAVING!

I'll just hunt through my vast collection of Vampire movies and see which one I feel like watching.

Hissssss.

big_smile

Varan the Unbelievable.    I always wanted to see it.    Well, my mistake was renting the American version with Myron Healey.   It pretty much blows, ended up going ahead :30 minutes until the monster showed up cause it was so talky and boring up to that point I couldn't take any more.

I did some research and found out that the original Japanese version of Varan (or Baran) was directed by Ishiro Honda.   The creature is very cool-looking, too bad it didn't take off the way some of the other monsters did.  Would have been cool to see Varan battling along side or against Godzilla and Anguirus.

Legend of The Hell House.....was pretty creepy, not exactly as cool as I remembered from when I saw it as a kid.    Isn't that always the case?

Started watching The Corpse Eaters, Canadian film from 1974. - Great, low budget gory early zombie pic.   Reminded me of Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.    Corpse Eaters didn't make a lot of sense, but who cares?  It was great, awesome!

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-16 07:55:38)

I really didn't know much about All The Boys Love Mandy Lane except for the fact that its been locked away for about 7 years now and its had a bunch of buzz, probably because folks were wondering when it would be released. Well, they should have kept it locked away, it was lame. Funny because since then the director did Warm Bodies which I loved. Anyway, you can skip this.

I give it an extra point or two for the soundtrack which I did like.

3/10

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lA94P7shQ&html5=1

^^^
I totally loved it. H3LL impossible for me not to, my favorite blonde Amber... And loved how the story went along. Great ending too.

HILLS HAVE EYES [2006] rewatch

Man this is definitely my favorite of them all, like it even more than Craven's one. Brutal, beautiful shots and place. EMILY DE RAVIN!!! Oh yes.
Love the story too, very nice.

The last horror movie I watched was Curse of Chucky !

Warm Bodies

alexissamberg wrote:

The last horror movie I watched was Curse of Chucky !

same here

Friday The 13th Part: II

The Haunting in Connecticut II: Ghosts of Georgia

Winner of the worst-movie-name award. I get that there is a need to group things into a franchise, but seriously, "The Haunting in Georgia" would have sufficed.

Nothing really to say apart from that. Mediocre movie with very little going for it. The abundance of visual changes to black and white every time a ghost walked past got to be very annoying - it was like something outta those 1am ghost documentaries you fall asleep to.

4/10

Chomper wrote:

The Haunting in Connecticut II: Ghosts of Georgia

Winner of the worst-movie-name award. I get that there is a need to group things into a franchise, but seriously, "The Haunting in Georgia" would have sufficed.

Nothing really to say apart from that. Mediocre movie with very little going for it. The abundance of visual changes to black and white every time a ghost walked past got to be very annoying - it was like something outta those 1am ghost documentaries you fall asleep to.

4/10

Agreed. I enjoyed watching most of it, but it wasn't nearly as good as the first film was. And my god, yes, what a name fail!

I loved it as much as the first really.
But yes it's me so what else could it be really. lol

Hellraiser: Revelations by god this movie is terrible

Maniac 1980 - Savini's death- yesssssss.

Great movie, everything about it.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-16 23:16:20)

Sara wrote:

Warm Bodies

Me too. I thought it was great. I still like my zombies lean and mean, but my wife and I enjoyed this one. I liked the insight into the mind of a zombie at the beginning. 7/10

Mama (2013) - 6/10 Because it seemed to rush things a little toward the end which snapped me right out of the immersion. But overall I did actually love it and think many should have a look and I would probably watch it again.

Just watched The Return (2006) - grabbed it from the library, not sure this is really horror though. Wikipedia says psychological thriller. But it was in the horror section. I thought it was great despite horrible reviews. Slow ,atmospheric and beautifully shot. 6/10

^^^
The Return is magnificient. Sarah Buffy is amazing in it. smile

CARRIE [2013]

Man oh man, oh man that was a true insane blast totally. Excellent even phenomenal acting by Chloe and Julianne. I also love the effects much more than in the first, of course it's been a long while so technologies developped a whole lot. I also liked how they kept the story but added some new stuff to it.

And damn YOU HAVE TO SEE IT IN THE CINEMA like I did, really well worth the 10$ truely.

One of the best I've seen this year. IT ROCKS like mad!!!

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
The Return is magnificient. Sarah Buffy is amazing in it. smile

CARRIE [2013]

Man oh man, oh man that was a true insane blast totally. Excellent even phenomenal acting by Chloe and Julianne. I also love the effects much more than in the first, of course it's been a long while so technologies developped a whole lot. I also liked how they kept the story but added some new stuff to it.

And damn YOU HAVE TO SEE IT IN THE CINEMA like I did, really well worth the 10$ truely.

One of the best I've seen this year. IT ROCKS like mad!!!

That I really do want to see. I saw the first version back when I was a kid some time in the mid 80's I think, and the ending disturbed me for a long time.

Blood Frenzy - a bloody gory underrated 80's slasher. Cheap but fun. 7/10

Suspiria_89 wrote:

Blood Frenzy - a bloody gory underrated 80's slasher. Cheap but fun. 7/10

Available here, if anyone wants to see it. big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQuFoF7NrM

I also got to watching Mama.  I really like what G. Del Toro did with regards to fleshing out the original short film.  Visually pretty cool for this kind of CGI heavy stuff..slightly better story than I expected.  Still left me overall with a sense that it could have been more...OR could have been a lot less and made a 20 minute short out of the original 3 minute short...

JackBurton wrote:

I also got to watching Mama.  I really like what G. Del Toro did with regards to fleshing out the original short film.  Visually pretty cool for this kind of CGI heavy stuff..slightly better story than I expected.  Still left me overall with a sense that it could have been more...OR could have been a lot less and made a 20 minute short out of the original 3 minute short...

I downloaded Mama. Watched the first five minutes and was bored stiff.

I know, I know, I didn't give it much time, but, still, nothing grabbed me in those first five minutes - they're crucial to catching my attention. wink

Master Horror wrote:

Available here, if anyone wants to see it. big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQuFoF7NrM

Oh very cool. THANKS A LOT!!!

I'll watch it tonight.

^^^ And after you watch it, look to the right and check out Blood Rage.  And after THAT, look to the right of that page and check out The Devil Times Five, as well.  Or Alice, Sweet Alice.  Or Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh.  Or Blood Beach.

Man.  Lots of cool stuff on that page...