Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Master Horror wrote:
JackBurton wrote:

I also got to watching Mama.  I really like what G. Del Toro did with regards to fleshing out the original short film.  Visually pretty cool for this kind of CGI heavy stuff..slightly better story than I expected.  Still left me overall with a sense that it could have been more...OR could have been a lot less and made a 20 minute short out of the original 3 minute short...

I downloaded Mama. Watched the first five minutes and was bored stiff.

I know, I know, I didn't give it much time, but, still, nothing grabbed me in those first five minutes - they're crucial to catching my attention. wink

Really? I think you should give it a second go. Give it another try. C'mon...

Feral little girls walking on all fours? Creepier than you might think.

JackBurton is right though. But I think (or maybe I hope) the sister/brother team or is it wife/husband will do something great next time around.

Yeah Loudlon, definitely nice things on this one.

Seen Alice, Sweet Alice already, of course, I love everything Alice but I might rewatch it too. Never seen any of those except Bloodsucking Paraohs In Pittsburg and I think it's even you that recommended it to me. Great one. smile

What I saw from Blood Frenzy yet reminds me a bit of Hills Have Eyes, same kinda of environment and the VR...

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-17 09:09:42)

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ And after you watch it, look to the right and check out Blood Rage.  And after THAT, look to the right of that page and check out The Devil Times Five, as well.  Or Alice, Sweet Alice.  Or Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh.  Or Blood Beach.

Man.  Lots of cool stuff on that page...

What the hell?
The Sleepaway Camp version on there is in 720p.

^^^
Better than nothing. I don't give a shit about HD stuff really... lol

I'm just surprised at the quality. I would have thought Google would be taking it down with a res like that.

What are the good supernatural ones on that recommended list?

Mama

tamccullough wrote:
Master Horror wrote:
JackBurton wrote:

I also got to watching Mama.  I really like what G. Del Toro did with regards to fleshing out the original short film.  Visually pretty cool for this kind of CGI heavy stuff..slightly better story than I expected.  Still left me overall with a sense that it could have been more...OR could have been a lot less and made a 20 minute short out of the original 3 minute short...

I downloaded Mama. Watched the first five minutes and was bored stiff.

I know, I know, I didn't give it much time, but, still, nothing grabbed me in those first five minutes - they're crucial to catching my attention. wink

Really? I think you should give it a second go. Give it another try. C'mon...

Feral little girls walking on all fours? Creepier than you might think.

JackBurton is right though. But I think (or maybe I hope) the sister/brother team or is it wife/husband will do something great next time around.

Oh I will give it another go. It's on my hard drive at least. Pop it on  an USB stick and watch it on TV. wink

Pumpkinhead

The house of the Devil

This season so far I've watched

Inferno - Ive watched this twice in the last two weeks.  I really enjoy how this bounces back from Rome and New York.  The New York shots are really good.  Really great way to kick off my Halloween viewing.

The Crow - Never knew how awesome this flick was.  Got it on Blu Ray for 5 dollars at Target and also have watched it twice.  Eric Draven playing dope ass guitar rifs on the dark city roof tops is just right up my alley.  Been reading a lot of graphic novels lately which of course Crow is based off of, and it just really does a good job at capturing a comic book feel, while mixing it with perfect 90s hollywood cinema.  Not a perfect movie but damn fun for halloween considering it takes place on

Starting to watch The Silent Scream.....no relations to the Slayer Song, or anti-abortion flick.....

Got to love a cheap-looking movie by a 1 time director....

By watching this film I often wonder why Friday the 13th got to be so big and why there isn't a Silent Scream part 12 out now.

Not a bad flick, some suspense, some good scares, some good kills, a typical slasher film from the cool era. 

ok: awesome scene at 1:10.   Nicely done.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-18 00:14:42)

Master Horror wrote:
Suspiria_89 wrote:

Blood Frenzy - a bloody gory underrated 80's slasher. Cheap but fun. 7/10

Available here, if anyone wants to see it. big_smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IQuFoF7NrM

Absolutely Suspiria_89 and fun man, LOADS OF IT in this one.

Ahhh good old eighties baby. I miss ya. lol

The real Horror is the average movie goer.

The Bay (2012) Not scary. But I loved it. 8/10 Smart and worrisome.

Forgot that I watched the Chernobyl Diaries  (2012) - 6/10 good movie, just a low mark because at times you question the obviously poor decision making.

tamccullough wrote:

The real Horror is the average movie goer.

Funny, I remember my friend read a review of Silence of the Lambs 2.  The reviewer said the ending was one of the most repusive things he had ever seen.   

My buddy was like "there wasn't anything repulsive about that!!!  He should see Re-animator, Dead Alive, Dawn of the Dead....ect."   

and I said, "well, for the average movie goer, Silence of the Lambs 2 would be extreme."

^^^
Hahaha so damn true. H3LL, even Die Hard would be for these guys. Which I never could understand. lol

LoudLon wrote:

^^^ And after you watch it, look to the right and check out Blood Rage.  And after THAT, look to the right of that page and check out The Devil Times Five, as well.  Or Alice, Sweet Alice.  Or Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh.  Or Blood Beach.

Man.  Lots of cool stuff on that page...

I hear ya.  I'm working off a list.   Contains new movies this past year I missed and 70's films.   Every time I take one off the list I have to add 3 more!

The 70's and 80's were a great time in film making.  A golden age.

We are currently living in one.  I seriously think this generation has the ability to watch more quality movies than any other in history.

I truely like movies from EVERY generation.

But NOTHING has come up with so much crazy good movies than 2009. Still looking to find one I dislike from that year. lol

But we truely live in a great time for Horror fans. So much good stuff recently, it's nuts.

Maniac remake - 2nd viewing and my opinion hasn't changed. Still believe it's one of the best films of the year. Strong performances from Wood and the female lead, brutal and realistic kill scenes and I love the way it's shot entirely from the killers POV. 9/10

Continuing with my Halloween themed films, Night of the Demons (original) - always fun to watch no matter what time of the year it is. Love the over the top characters, cheesy effects and the amazing set pieces. Another classic 80's horror flick. 8/10

Maniac -2012 (Netflix): An exceptional re-telling of the original. I too enjoyed the POV style, and the kill scenes were pretty damn brutal. I especially enjoyed the final 10 min of the film.

7.5/10

Battle Royale 2 (Netflix): I liked how the movie gets to the to the action quickly, and pretty much never lets go. Lots of action, plenty of blood shed, and a good story, all-in-all.

7/10

House of Seven Corpses - this movie started out with a lot of potential.   Almost was cool, with a lot of atmosphere, but it went nowhere.  Slow till the last 5 minutes and it made some kind of a point which was lost on me.

Frankenstein's Daughter - 1950's horror, a fun movie.    45 mins in:  the monster moves like a rock'em sock'em robot !!  Ha!

Checking out The Boogey Man 1980, saw the remake, now the original.  Music reminds me of Halloween, so does the first house.  And that's where the resembance stops.

And what's with the boob scene?  Chick goes to cut her top off and it cuts away.  Went to several other sites to see if the scene had been cut, but apparently not.  Damn, what a waste.

loved the "kiss" death scene....and what the hell, the farm house looks like the Amityville house!

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-19 11:42:21)

Ravenous -1999: This movie was a great watch, it had what I felt was an original idea, a very interesting soundtrack being a horror movie and all, and was generally a great movie that I recommend highly.

8/10

I'm gonna watch Jeepers Creepers right now on this GORGEOUS Full Moon!!

Eclipse is tonight too.

Good night!

DM

^^^
Damn clouds, it won't show damnit. Ah well, gonna check the picts online tomorrow. Would've been cool to see it with my Telescope though...

I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE [2010] rewatch

Man I love this movie so freaking much, her vengeance is so freaking BRUTAL it's nuts. The guy strapped on the tree with jam in his eyes and the crows eating them is wild but so is the gun shot in the ass. Insanely cool. The most awesome kill EVER!!!

The Colony (2013).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160996/

I was quite surprised by this.  It's received some bad reviews but I thought it was okay.

The story is rather lacking but it's still entertaining. It felt more like a TV episode of The Walking Dead or something like that as opposed to a movie.

It's not listed as a horror but I would put it in that category. I won't say why because that would spoil it for you. All I can say, is watch it and find out why. wink

It's a 5.25, but I had to round it up to a 6/10.

OPEN WATER 2: ADRIFT [2006] rewatch

Damn I love this one MUCH MORE than the first. The story is just awesome and boy the fabulous images, so freaking beautiful. Especially when it starts to rain. Wild one. DON'T WATCH IT if you don't like babies and girls crying because there's LOTS of it. lol

A very touching story.

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-19 05:53:00)