Topic: David Lynch, what do you think of him?

One of the most weird, creative, and original directors out there is David Lynch. It's no secret that he makes weird movies, from stuff like Eraserhead to Inland Empire, he pushes things to the limit. And that is what makes him so interesting, because people tend to have an opinion of his film making and stories.

Personally, I love Lynch. I'm a hardcore fan of his, I even love Inland Empire and still don't fully understand it after multiple viewings. I love Eraserhead, Lost Highway, Blue Velvet, mostly everything he does I actually like. And he's one of the few directors I feel this way about.

But I know there is the other side of opinions where people think he makes movies without hardly knowing the plot of the film himself, and that half of his movies make no sense and there is no underlining meaning to any of them.

Of course, this is all opinion at the end of the day. And I think he's someone interesting to discuss.

Share your opinion of him here if you wish! smile

Re: David Lynch, what do you think of him?

Eraserhead threw me for a loop.  Watched it while smoking a joint, worst trip of my life.  Haven't seen it since. lol

Loved Blue Velvet, Twin Peaks, Wild at Heart, and Lost Highway, which was the last of his films I've seen thus far.

Anyway, yeah, I dig him.

I don't have much to add here, since I haven't seen most of his films, but I have watched Eraserhead, Elephant Man, and Blue Velvet. Which I consider all to be excellent movies.

The man himself is really cool too. His book, "Catching The Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity", though not very long, provides some insight into his personal philosophies on life and filmmaking. All I can say for certain is that the guy is a brilliant artist.

Lynch RULES!!! Like his daughter, she grabbed a lot of her father's talent.

But as far as the dad goes, Eraserhead to me made me realize that cinematography as story could be totally different from anything else.

Aside this one, my ALL TIMES favorite is truely Mulholland Drive. So freaking crazy nuts of a story. Lost Highway is a big favorite too.

Inland is probably the weirdest I've seen. Well EVERYONE of his is definitely something else no doubt.

Yup, He ROCKS!!!

Seen Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive (and some episodes of Twin Peaks).

Trippy stuff, and it wasn't until the credits hit after Mulholland Drive that I realised that I really enjoyed it. Haven't seen it since that first viewing but it's a movie I've been wanting to experience again.