Topic: DHMW Season 2, ROUND 9

And we're off to a new month's worth of weekly matches.  This week we jump right into things with a pair of bad-ass amputees as...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Ash_zps93b71b8a.jpghttp://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/VS_zps44cdb67f.jpghttp://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Merle_zps1a6f8a15.jpg

A demon-fighting doofus with a chin to beat the band butts heads with an ornery redneck zombie slayer who could kick your ass with a look.  Who wins?  You decide -- but seeing as how Ash is a super-popular character, I would be remiss if I didn't remind you all to REMEMBER RULE #1 (see below)!

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE ACTUAL POLL!  YOU KNOW, THAT THING WAY UP THERE AT THE TOP OF THE POST?  WHERE YOU CLICK IN ONE OF THE LITTLE CIRCLES AND THEN CLICK THAT LITTLE GREEN BUTTON WHICH READS "VOTE"?  Yeah, THAT thing.

THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is DEADLIER.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: DHMW Season 2, ROUND 9

Merle would be the more well trained and maybe experienced of the two, but Ash has his resourcefulness and his seemingly unstoppable will once pushed past the brink. I could imagine a close fight initially with Merle having the upper-hand while ash makes bad jokes and gets kicked to the dirt, but in desperation, Ash, with some probably dirty fighting and excellent one-liners, would finish Merle off in bloody over the top fashion. Fate has bigger plans for Ash.

BUMP.

So technically the poll exprires at 2:13 am -- about two hours and forty five minutes from now.  But because there's been only one vote (really guys?) I'll accept write-in votes until tomorrow (10/20), 7pm EST.

I voted but hadn't written an opinion.  Theli...don't forget to vote!

Ash would win.  He has faced a more diverse enemy. 

Merle would go down swinging though.

I'd see it being close, but Ash defeating Merle.

You did not specify, premortem or postmortem Merle.

Pre-mortem.  If it were Zombie Merle, I'd have said Zombie Merle.

Smart-ass... tongue

LoudLon wrote:

If it were Zombie Merle, I'd have said Zombie Merle.

Ok Possum...you had your excuse taken care of.  smile  Now you need to vote.  Theli forgot to vote, so now mine is the only one up.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-10-20 01:14:19)

Well dang, I really need to buy a watch.

Got about four hours to post a write-in vote, folks.  Voting's over at 7pm EST!

Okay well them I'm going with Merle in the end.  While our bumbling Ash may manage to kill Merle, we all know he's infected already.  I don't think Ash would expect that. At some point turn his back on Merle's bloodied corpse and BAM!  Bite ensues.  So I guess we actually end up with two undead bad asses. So does that mean Ash actually wins?  Oh I'm so confused.

Ash ,is the " King of cool."   Merle, is one tough SOB! So when these two get it on; ya know it's gonna be a good un.

The battle last a minimum of 2 hrs.  Merle, gets in a ton of hits, kicks, and head butts on Ash.  Ash, being the survivor that he is, and lucky bastard, gets in a few cheap shots. When Merle thinks he has beaten Ash, and has Ash down on the ground: Merle takes his eye offa Ash. Ash takes advantage, like always, and punches Merle in the nads. Merle topples to the ground.  Ash gets back on his feet, and bashes Merle with his Boomstick. Merle is down for the count.

Winner: Ash.

Don't forget to also vote at the top.  It still looks like no one but me has.

The poll stopped taking new votes at about a quarter after two this morning -- 7 days to the second after I posted it.  Which is why I opened it up to write-in votes.  I'll be sure to count 'em all in. smile

Copy..nevermind.  wink

Voting is over.  And wouldn't you know it...

Ash
Justified Votes - 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Non-Justified Votes - 0
Total pts: 10

Merle Dixon
Justified Votes - 2 x 5 pts each = 10 pts
Non-Justified Votes - 0
Total pts: 10

...we got ourselves a tie. 

So, what happens now?  Normally I'd extend voting another day to accommodate more write-in votes.  But I've already extended voting once.  So I think instead I'll just send both these fellas to the next monthly final. smile

Thanks to those of you who participated.  Round 10 will be up directly.

^ A tie. No way! I think, and nominate you ^ to be the deciding factor. Cast your vote, Lon.

Somehow I did not notice this until it was too late.  Good match up though. I know it's too late to vote but I would root for Ash in a fight.  In good vs evil good should always win so I would go with that logic.  Plus Merle has got to be stupider than Ash.

Thanks, Undie, but as pollmaster it wouldn't be fair of me to participate.  I'll take River's comment as the tie-breaker.

Winner - ASH

Now, that said, if I had chosen to cast the deciding vote, I'd have gone with Merle.  As great a character as Ash is -- and I love 'im as much as anybody -- he's a doofus.  Sure he can bring it when the crap hits the fan, but even then he's more lucky than skilled. 

Merle, on the other hand, is an experienced martial artist who can, and has, taken on more than one opponent at a time (witness the rooftop scene in Season 1, Episode 2 of The Walking Dead) and is a crafty and very lethal combatant -- and I'll take an experienced martial artist over a doofus any ol' day of the week.  Ash might keep him at bay with the chainsaw for a bit but Merle would pick away at him with his wrist-knife, whittling him down until finally moving in for the (very nasty) kill.

So for those who voted for Ash, count your blessings that I'm honorable. lol