Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Vamp

Embrace of the Vampire (2013)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3148890/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

What can I say about this movie? Well it spends a good 60 minutes basically doing nothing. It goes from scene to scene. Lots of talking but no action. Well, I lie. There is action but not in the horror department.

There are two sex scenes, one straight and one lesbian. And loads of bare boobs.  To tell the truth, it was only the lesbian scene that kept me watching. LOL. wink

What I cannot understand is how quiet Charlotte beds another busty blonde and yet brushes it aside as if it was nothing. I think that would be something you'd remember, despite being drunk at the time. LOL. big_smile

I was gonna give it just 2/10 but the movie redeems itself slighting in the last 30 minutes. Not by much mind.

3.5/10. 

But just 3/10 on the IMDb.

Haunter (2013)

Not bad movie , Teenage girl wakeing on the same day, every day and figured out she is re-living the same day of her and family were killed, she not told her dead family left but as the movies goes on, one by one they find out!

The lisa the teenage girl who tries to conntact the living, she try to escape end her endless nightmare.  there is no living the house or time.

Evil man that tires warn not to contact the living or seen be sorry!

I did not expect any thing from this movie, i found it really, really enjoyable and there were some creepy moment from the ghost point of view.

8 out of 10

One Dark Night - to the makers of this film: a red light behind a crack in a vault is not scary after you've seen the same shot TWENTY TIMES!!!!    I was enjoying this flick, until about 1:10, then it wasn't scary anymore.  I bet the makers of this film thought they had made another Freddy!

An old Italian black n white film called Terror Creatures from The Grave.  Atmospheric, but slow.
Got kind of cool at 1:20 possibly.

Horror of The Blood Monsters.   Not expecting much, but it ought to be fun.  My God, this thing is so cheap,  started out cool, but now I'm almost done and I really don't care what happens.

and now, Blood of Ghastly Horror, another Al Adamson classic!

Last one for today/tonight:  a Paul Naschy classic  Frankenstein's Bloody Terror!   Interesting, a Frankenstein movie about a Wolfman.....hmmmm.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-20 00:36:13)

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Damn clouds, it won't show damnit.

Bummer!!

Was clear as a bell here!

I'll post a pic of it later...

Young Frankenstein. smile

One of those perfect film to watch for this time of the year.

Midnight Movie

The Creature wrote:

One of my favorites.  I must have seen that flick at least 20 times. 

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"

"Certainly -- you take the blond and I'll take the one in the turban." lol

Love that flick to death.

LoudLon wrote:
The Creature wrote:

One of my favorites.  I must have seen that flick at least 20 times. 

"Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"

"Certainly -- you take the blond and I'll take the one in the turban." lol

Love that flick to death.

Yeah, that scene in particular cracks me up every time I watch it. Gotta love Marty Feldman's performance as Igor (EYE-gor). It's a feel-good kind of movie...especially for me, because I remember watching it with my grandfather when I was a little kid. Ah, good times.

Last edited by The Creature (2013-10-19 18:20:17)

Today's movie is Beast of Blood, some Philipino horror.  Pretty boring.   Toward the end it picked up, some gore, some nudity.

Blood Freak - so freakin bad it was good.  Amazing people could once make movies like this.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-10-21 20:44:20)

I have literally just undertook a 12 hour long viewing (from 8pm on Saturday to 8am Sunday with some intermissions) of, altogether 6 films at the Cameo Cinema in Edinburgh.

The first one was Captain Philips. This was a good film that effectively conveyed the tense and nail biting situation on which the true story is based. Tom Hanks gives one of the best performances I have seen from my own experience of his films and this supports the other elements well. I would however would have liked perhaps to learn a bit more about the pirates backstory (though this is to degree explored and Greengrass, I feel, doesn't in any way portray them as 1 dimensional bad guys. Again, however a little bit more context provided for the actions pirates would have perhaps helped to counter accusations, I have heard by some, that the finale resembles a Call of Duty game. Overall a 7/10.

I then went to watch five films as part of the Cameo All Night Horror Madness (all 35mm prints).

The first up was Hardware (1990). I was most looking forward to this and boy it did not disappoint. Visually, this film was simply mind-blowing and in this aspect the best experience I have ever experienced at a cinema. The plot might not have been the best (though this is a criticism that could be made for many Italian genre classics) but when the visuals are so great I can forgive it for that. I really liked the characters as well and how the tongue-in-cheek elements were incorporated into their character development and the narrative. Simply put this film was felt relatively unique and above all BAD-ASS. 10/10.

I then undertook a rewatch of Carrie. When watching this whenever I catched it on TV I never really connected to it but seeing it on the big screen I can see why many acclaim it as a classic of the genre. The closing scene at the prom was in particular effective and disturbing on the big screen. 8/10.

Next up was Stagefright. This was a fun Italian slasher picture with the same comic tone of Demons but in my opinion, significantly better. Some of the deaths had the whole audience laughing. 8/10.

The 4th film was Frankenhooker. I own the Arrow Blu-Ray of this and have watched it a couple of times since but seeing it on the big screen really brought out its strengths as a black comedy horror and its scenes of 42nd Street madness. 8/10.

The last was the horror grandaddy of them all; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) in a original 'drive-in' print. Though as my N1 fav horror I have seen this numerous times I could not miss a chance to watch a old 35mm print of it at the cinema. I will always remember the impact it had on me when I first saw it (this was the film that got me into the genre) and though that specific impact can't be repeated the very raw power of the film was all frighteningly real and evident on the big screen (especially the scene when Leatherface first appears and disappears behind his metal door). 10/10.

I'm about to go curl up with The Wolfman 1941 original.

LOVE Lon Chaney JR, the old Gypsy fortune teller and all the FOG.  smile

Vasquez wrote:

The last was the horror grandaddy of them all; The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) in a original 'drive-in' print. Though as my N1 fav horror I have seen this numerous times I could not miss a chance to watch a old 35mm print of it at the cinema. I will always remember the impact it had on me when I first saw it (this was the film that got me into the genre) and though that specific impact can't be repeated the very raw power of the film was all frighteningly real and evident on the big screen (especially the scene when Leatherface first appears and disappears behind his metal door). 10/10.

Yesssssssssssssss!!!

My #1 FAV horror movie! smile

The Creature wrote:

Agreed.

Carrie (2013)

My wife was the one who picked this one to watch at the theater. I wanted to see, Captain Phillips. She won, of course.

Chloe Moretz, did did a outstanding job portraying Carrie.  Julianne Moore, was the perfect selection portraying her mom. The movie itself follows the story by SK pretty closely.

As for the movie as a whole; I really enjoyed the first half much more than the second. Not that the second half was not enjoyable. It just seemed to lose steam. The finale was pretty awesome! Not as good as the original, but still worthy.

6.5/10

I just saw Gravity today.  I think it should be nominated for Best Picture.  Sandra Bullock was amazing.  Best movie I've seen so far this year.

Desperation (2004 TV Movie) - 6.5/10

This film has me somewhat split in opinion. On one hand, it was a fun and intense ride. On the other, I have some major annoyances. One, Ron Perlman does an AMAZING job in his role as the country sheriff. I was sincerely impressed with his performance. Two, the kid in this movie gets damn tiring with his "God this, God that" shtick. I understand that God has a significant influence over the story, and is part of David's character, but I felt God just became superfluous and overused after the first ten mentions of Him. The first half of the film is great, the second have has a lot of cool stuff in it (with some well-done animal stunts, I might add), but the ending could have been much more fantastic. Three (SPOILER ALERT),

Perlman's character is replaced about an hour in by a different form (due to TAC, the villain of the film, having to transition from body to body), which was pretty disappointing. He was such a frightening and dynamic character, the filmmakers should have kept him.

(END SPOILER).

So there are my reasons, both why I liked and disliked Desperation. Overall, it gets an average rating from me. Definitely worth a watch though. smile

I've seen Desperation before and I thought it was just ok.  After reading the book I guess I just expected certain things.  Ron Perlman was good but the whole time I was reading it I was picturing Clancy Brown from Pet Sematary 2 in that role. lol  I agree that the kid got to be a little too much.

I'm watching the Ruins right now.  I've seen it before and I can never resist watching it again when it comes on tv.

^^^
Damn I'm a HUGE fan of The Ruins. So damn great in every aspect.
The effects are insanely cool. smile

Curse of Chucky... hmm

P2 [2007] rewatch

Damn this movie is stressful it's nuts!!!

Amazing acting especially by the oh so gorgeous Rachel Nichols and the bad guy is just insanely crazy.

Always LOVE this.
And I dig what they say in the commentary:
"Nothing is more sexy that hot girls full of Blood." DAMN RIGHT!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-10-20 21:04:44)

Carrie (original)

Halloween 4

Maniac with Elijah Wood
Didn't care too much for it.

Tales from the Crypt.....the original  1972