Topic: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

The Hills Have Eyes (2006) seemed to be a better production.  It was more realistic and better acted than the sequel.

THHE 2 was more like a cheap B movie - still watchable and enjoyable though.  But not as serious.

Any reason for this?

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

I didn't like the plot of the sequel for the remake. I just found it really unbelievable. And what the remake seemed to get right was that it felt like, in some bizarre circumstance, maybe that could actually happen.

I just found the sequel to be way too out there. But like you said, it's not bad and is still enjoyable. I just found the choice of the story very odd.

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

I didn't really care for the original but I thought the remake was really well done. Out of the two from 2006 2007  I definitely liked the first one better.  Although the toilet scene from the second one was memorable.  Who doesn't hate porta potties already?

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

Yeah that scene was wild.
But my favorite of them all is definitely Aja's one. So damn good in every aspect. We kind of understand more the family of creeps much more than any other ones. And wow the visuals. Proves why Aja is a master film maker really. smile

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

I don't have an answer as to why they're different.  The sequel opened up with that ridiculous scene, and lost me from there.  Horrible.

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

The 2006 films is one of my favorite remakes. The sequel on the other hand was complete trash IMO.

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

Yeah so the 2006 version definitely had that punch of realism, especially during the rape/murders scene.

But it looked like the sequel was operating only on 30% budget of the first.

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I didn't like the plot of the sequel for the remake. I just found it really unbelievable. And what the remake seemed to get right was that it felt like, in some bizarre circumstance, maybe that could actually happen.

I just found the sequel to be way too out there. But like you said, it's not bad and is still enjoyable. I just found the choice of the story very odd.

I agree, it's kind of funny when you think about how the soldiers are armed with guns but still get owned by mutants with pickaxes and other primitive melee weapons haha

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

X TYRANT X wrote:
Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I didn't like the plot of the sequel for the remake. I just found it really unbelievable. And what the remake seemed to get right was that it felt like, in some bizarre circumstance, maybe that could actually happen.

I just found the sequel to be way too out there. But like you said, it's not bad and is still enjoyable. I just found the choice of the story very odd.

I agree, it's kind of funny when you think about how the soldiers are armed with guns but still get owned by mutants with pickaxes and other primitive melee weapons haha

I kinda get what you are saying but from what I remember the soldiers were inexperienced recruits still in training and when they encounter some very crafty mutants the fact they had guns ass opposed to melee weapons seems less relevant. Hell, the father with a magnum in the 2006 film, who struck me as an experienced gun slinger, didn't seem to fair to well against the mutants.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-10-21 07:06:46)

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

^^^
I like that sir.
And true unexperienced against extremely inventive mutants that do that for years is destined to fail.

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

^ good point, I forgot they were still in training... i kind of avoid the second Hills Have Eyes movie haha

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

I think seeing it once is MORE than enough. lol

Re: The Hills Have Eyes (2006) and The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007)

X TYRANT X wrote:

^ good point, I forgot they were still in training... i kind of avoid the second Hills Have Eyes movie haha

I get you, despite my above reasoning I really don't think much of it myself either. Very forgettable.