Topic: DHMW Season 2, ROUND 11

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE IN THE ACTUAL POLL!  YOU KNOW, THAT THING WAY UP THERE AT THE TOP OF THE POST?  WHERE YOU CLICK IN ONE OF THE LITTLE CIRCLES AND THEN CLICK THAT LITTLE GREEN BUTTON WHICH READS "VOTE"?  Yeah, THAT thing.

This week is a double-dose of slasher goodness as...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Harry_zpsefc05b3a.jpghttp://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/VS_zps44cdb67f.jpghttp://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Deadliest%20Horror%20Movie%20Warrior/Prowler_zpsebb79530.jpg

Pitchforks and pick-axes and bayonets, oh my!  Which of these crafty slashers will make it to the 2nd monthly final?  Cast your votes and find out!

As usual, don't forget...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE RULES:

1. Vote objectively for who you think is DEADLIER.  This is not a popularity contest.

2. Please be sure to comment below to explain why you came to your decision.  Those who do so, your votes will count as FIVE POINTS

Those who do not, or those whose explanations are in regards to the character's popularity rather than an objective comparing of the characters' abilities (see rule #1), your vote will only count as ONE POINT.

3. Voting will be open for seven days, at which time I'll post the results.

Have fun, and vote responsibly. smile

Re: DHMW Season 2, ROUND 11

I'm not voting because I haven't seen the Prowler.  I checked and it's not on Netflix sad  I've seen the original My bloody valentine and the remake.  That guy was pretty badass. Just looking at the stats I would say Harry Warden's got the win this week.

My Bloody Valentine. Although it was a hard one. Is it just me or they're getting harder and harder to choose from, you do it on purpose LoudLon. lol

And I can't even tell why I chose him. Probably because of the way he attacks which is more badass to me than the Prowler. Could be wrong though but hey, that's what I think.

I like 'em hard (don't read into that). lol

The idea is to pit two characters against one another who'll really give each other a run for their money, characters who are basically at the same level.  It would be too easy to have, say, Harry Warden vs Pinhead.  Harry wouldn't stand a chance.  This way, he has just as big a fighting chance as the guy he's going against.

I approach all the matches that way. smile

You said HARD!!! lol

But yes, good point, that's why I like these threads. Ah well, all the ones you do anyways. They make us think outside the box, thanks. smile

Yeah, I need to go back and re-watch The Prowler first. It's been too long for me to judge accurately.

An ulterior motive for starting these matches to begin with. big_smile

Yeah, saw it like 6-8 months ago so it's still fresh in my memories but worth watching again. AFTER HM Fest that is, still downloading them so... big_smile

I can't vote on this one either, sorry.  I haven't seen MBV in years and have never seen the prowler.  I'll have to wait for the next one.

Or, you could just watch both of them sometime in the next seven days, then vote. wink

I haven't seen the prowler, and most likely won't before voting expires. That's not going to hold me back from voting though. I'm just going to go with what info I do have...

The Prowler has been trained for lethal combat ,and would have very precise tactical skills.  Harry Warden's aggressive nature makes him a very formidable opponent. 

How I see it going down;  The Prowler creates distance and throws his pitch fork at Harry. Harry goes down, but not out. Harry stands back up, pulls the pitchfork out of his body, and throws it to the side.  The Prowler has no other option but to get close to Harry. 

Toe-to-toe, the two go at it. The Prowler gets in quite a few blows, and eventually disarms Harry of his pick-axe. The Prowler picks up his pitchfork, and lunges it into Harry's arm. Pinning Harry to the ground. Prowler then goes to retrieve the pick-axe a few feet away. Harry, being impervious to pain, quickly uses his free hand to pull the pitchfork out of his other arm. Harry gets back on his feet and throws the pitchfork at Prowler. Nailing The Prowler in the heart. Down goes Prowler!

Winner: Harry

Just realizing the differences between the pics I made for these matches last year and the ones I made for this year when it comes to the listings I put under the character images.  So much for consistency... lol

Both are mortal men and serial killers, and both are good at what they do. It's a tough call, but I'll go with Harry Warden, he just felt like the more imposing figure, plus he has the longer reach and deadlier weapon with his pick axe.

Bump.  About 3 1/2 hours to get your votes in before the next round is posted.

Voting is over.  The results:

Harry Warden
Total votes: 4
Justified Votes: 3 x 5 pts each = 15 pts
Non-Justified votes: 1 x 1 pt  = 1 pt
Total points: 16

The Prowler
Total votes: 1
Justified Votes: 0
Non-Justified Votes: 1 x 1 pt = 1 pt
Total points: 1