Topic: Hellraiser remake?

Just saw this on another forum:
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/clive … 8/?_r=true

With Barker helming the screenplay and a focus on practical effects this could turn out to be amazing. Though I do think the original actually still holds up quite well.

Re: Hellraiser remake?

Cool.  Bonus for practical FX.  I'm interested to see how he re-does the story.  And having Bradley never hurts (or it hurts more?).  Ooh, wonder if he'll bring in some new Cenobites?

Tangent- can you imagine what lunch/dinner would be like with the Cenboites?  "So how many souls did you enslave today?"  "Any new flesh flaying?" "Who's your pick to win the Superbowl?"  "Can I get the recipe for this casserole?"  "Saw your mom today, I impaled her with an oak tree over tea and biscuits."

British Cenobites discussing souls over tea and crumpets, an excellent image.

haha I am excited for this remake if they let Barker do what he wants it could turn out awesome!

Pinhead: "Alright, guys, I'm going to tell you a secret, but you have to swear not to tell anyone else!"
Chatterer: "My lips are sealed."
Pinhead: "What about you, Butterball?"
Butterball: "Fat chance."
Pinhead: "Well surely I can count on you, unnamed female cenobite."
Female cenobite: "Can't talk.  Sore throat."

^ love it.

I'm kinda iffy on this one. I really appreciate that at least it's coming directly from Clive Barker and not some film maker just looking to make a buck off someone else's idea. That said, I haven't found Clive's writings of the past decade or so as entertaining as his earlier works. Think i'd prefer seeing a movie version of Great and Secret show over a Hellraiser reboot.

Was that fake trailer posted yesterday? on news sections

^^^
No idea, been a while I haven't checked the News section really. I just look atthe ones that interest me more in the mailing list I get from the Main Spot.

But Theli, yeah awesome image the tea stuff indeed.

LoudLon, DIG IT TOO!!!

Vixene, I like what he does recently too, Dread which he wrote was AWESOME and I can't wait to see his Zombies VS Gladiators.

And to conclude, CENOBITES RULE!!! big_smile

http://25.media.tumblr.com/274576345629925957999e8414fd14eb/tumblr_mpbryvPMdS1so8a6oo1_1280.jpg

it was only a matter of time