Topic: Movie Theater Snacks

When your at the cinema, what do you like to snack on? I find food at the movies to be expensive so I like to stop at the dollar store and pick up some candy bars or trail mix and just much on them instead. Post your favorite theatre snacks here

Re: Movie Theater Snacks

Raisinets

http://community.weightwatchers.com/LoadDown/Blogs/7a/53/b114d19b51d24e65b04e2a53955cad1d_2.jpg?repository=2

I go to mc Donalds and order a number one aka big mac meal  along with a twenty peace chicken mc nuggets. I agree it's to damn expensive to buy stuff at the theatre. Everything I just mentioned would still be cheaper then buying a popcorn and soda.

I don't buy any food in the movies because everything is way too overpriced. I generally just get a can of Red Bull and some Milk Duds.

I hate how overpriced drinks are at the theatre. It's up to 5$ for a drink and I'm better off getting a large sweet tea for a dollar at McDonald's.

Every damn thing is way overpriced at the theater.

So I usually do like mike and grab stuff at the McDo before.

I generally only go to one to two movies a year, so its a pretty big deal when I do.  I get a large popcorn with a lot of butter and I usually have 3/4 of it gone by the start of the movie.  My wife likes either pretzels / nachos with nacho cheese.  I generally just stick to the popcorn now.  I pretty much only drink water, and I get a cup and fill it up at the fountain.

Years ago, my wife and I used to make a meal out of it.  I'd get a large popcorn with butter, nachos AND pretzel bites with cheese, and she'd get a soda.  Sometimes when ordering all this food I'd say something to my wife that made it sound like we were meeting someone inside the theater...so we didn't look like such pigs.

Yeah, its expensive, but we go to such few movies and there is nothing like movie theater popcorn.

With 5 kids, it gets EXPENSIVE after paying to get in. So, we usually stop at a store and smuggle in a ton of candy, but do buy a large tub of popcorn w/extra butter and a few large sodas.

My favorite snacks while watching a movie are: Reese's, Raisinets,.

Oh and I love those Buncha Crunch candies. I always get 2 of them because 1 doesn't last the whole movie.

Salted popcorn, m&ms and slushies!

I usually go with the classic popcorn and soda.  Though I'll occasionally mix it up and get a big box of Reeses Pieces instead.

I'm a classic too, but my candy selection varies from movie to movie.

flesh

We have a drive in not too far from where I live.  The snack prices are great there so I like to get popcorn, sour straws, and I have to have my dr. pepper.  But if I go to a regular theater I usually skip the snacks and might just go out for ice cream afterwards.

Horror/Comedy: Blue Raspberry Slushy and a box of Reese's Pieces.
Drama/Repertory: Slushy but substitute for Buttery Popcorn, extra butter.
Action: Pabst...Blue Ribbon

No I think almost all the movie theatres don't allow outside eatables in the theatre.
i love the food in Theatres, Samosas , Caramel popcorn and LARGE coke for sure is the hit list food for me.

Popcorn & Pepsi
Sometimes (not often) , instead of popcorn....I'll get Junior Mints

Great thing about being a woman: we have a valid reason to be carrying a purse and they don't check us. big_smile Oh how many snacks i've smuggled into theaters lol. Usually I smuggle in gummy bears and maybe some Reese's or Combos. Just buy a drink then it all seems legit lol.

^
I've done that several times. Shh! Lol. With M&M's.  We do have one theatre that isn't too expensive but the most all of them, the prices are outrageous! The same with you, I'll buy a soda, hehe. smile

Sour patch kids.