Topic: Another title to figure out (girl and headless body in classroom)

O-k, here is another question. Hopefully someone here knows this. In 1985-1987, my mother was over at a friend's house, and my sister and I went along with her. Anyway, I saw this show/film on TV (shot in color, live action), and unfortunately, I cannot remember much of it, but just this scene.

I remember a light brown haired girl (in her high school years) (had her hair pulled back) walking in a classroom, which I think was empty. She had black leather clothes. She was walking to the front of the class, probably to talk to her instructor, and she gasped when she saw a head of a brown haired boy (I think it was a boy, was most likely around the same age as she was), fly in mid-air (think of how a football flies) eventually landing on a corpse laying down right in front of a blackboard (it was sitting down with its legs extended). The sweater the corpse wore I think was bluish white, and probably brown pants, but don't quote me on this. I have been searching for this for years, and was never able to find anything. Someone suggested the Amazing Stories episode, the Head of the Class, but that is not it, I saw it. I could be wrong with how I am describing it, but I know it exists, and though I saw it when I was very young, I know it had a Nightmare on Elm Street sort of feel, if that helps. I do not know if it is Re-Animator or Bride of Re-Animator, but if it is either of those two, please correct me.

Any guesses? Thanks in advance.

Re: Another title to figure out (girl and headless body in classroom)

No one?

It definitely doesn't ring any bells for me anyway, but I'm sure someone here has the answer.

A horror film from the mid-80s featuring a dead body in a high school?  That could literally be one of a hundred different flicks.  Sorry, but I'm not going to be of much help with this one. hmm

cutting class?

I can tell you it's not any of the Re-Animators.
As for other films, it sounds familiar but I can't nail it down right now.

Perhaps Return to horror high or Student bodies?

^^
Good ideas there.

It could be Cutting Class, but I believe there is a stronger possibility that is Return to Horror High. I know I did not watch the entire film, but from what I gather, I think the headless corpse and the head itself in the classroom were undead, plus reading a review of the film, there were flying heads in classrooms, though I am lazy enough to search for screenshots.  I ordered the film on VHS, though, so it should be arriving within a few days. I will check it out, then report here whether or not it was the correct film. Thanks for the suggestions.

It is not Return to Horror High, I just watched the entire thing from my VHS copy I brought on Amazon. Ugh, I am so sick and tired of being movies from Amazon if they are not the movies I am looking for. Too bad there is no one here who has watched every horror film and TV shown known since the creation of all mankind. I will check out Cutting Class and Slaughter Bodies.

I will still check out Cutting Class and Slaughter Bodies, but a friend of mine recommended one of the Nightmare on Elm Street films, now I know it is not 1 or 3, perhaps 2. Is there anyone here who watched all of them?

I haven't seen them all, but I have seen some, and it's been a while for the ones I have seen, but I don't recall it in 2 or New Nightmare. To make things more difficult there was also a whole television series that ran 3 season's called Freddy's Nightmare's that it may have been from as well.

Last edited by Theli (2014-01-22 14:05:45)

That might very well be it, I will check it out, thanks.

maybe Tales from the Crypt?

It could be Tales from the Crypt, but this definitely had a Nightmare on Elm Street atmosphere. It could be Re-Animator or the Bride of Animator, but I will check out Freddy's Nightmares, and see that first.

I don't think this on DVD and I can't find it online anywere

By the trailer, it seemed a bit elm street feel to it

it's a long shot  Beyond Dream's Door (1989)?

Thanks for the idea, but that is not it. I saw it, and it is nothing like the scene I described, very strange though. I am mostly considering Re-Animator or the Bride of Re-Animator. Unfortunately, all I remember was a teenager walking in a vacant classroom (the teenager was a girl somewhere in her late teen years) towards the front of the class, towards a chalkboard, and as she was walking, the head of a young man flew throughout the room, eventually landing on its corpse, which I think was laying down beneath the chalkboard. I also think the head was alive. The girl had long light brownish hair pulled back like a ponytail, and the man/boy had short straight dark brown hair, if that helps.

Nah, it's not Re-Animator or Bride of Re-Animator.  I've seen Re-Animator at least...hell, fifty times if not more, and Bride around a dozen times.  I can assure you it's neither.  Sorry. hmm

there used to be a show on showtime called "The Hitchhiker" or something like that. maybe that could be it

I hope that's it, might not be though, but it has to be something. I might have been very young when I saw it, can't remember precisely when I saw it, but I clearly remember seeing such a scene. I remember it did have a very Nightmare on Elm Street sort of feel. I do not think the girl was a murderer, but the corpse of the young man she saw was definitely re-animated. It was not a plain homicide sight film/show scene.

If it not any of these I give up lol

Revenge of the Dead (1983) aka Zeder
Netherworld (1992)

Or
Flesh for Frankenstein (1973)

I am going to check out Flesh Frankenstein, Netherworld, and Revenge of the Dead, still need to see the Freddy's Nightmares and Hitchhiker series. I also ordered Cutting Class and School Bodies, so if it is none of those, then I give up. I know I saw it.

I'm still unable to tell you what it is, but I can at the very least help you rule a few things out.  I can tell you it's definitely not Flesh for Frankenstein, Revenge of the Dead (aka Zeder) or Student Bodies, all of which I've seen multiple times.

Cutting Class...maybe.  I've only seen it once, a LONG time ago, and while the particular scene you describe doesn't ring a bell, I don't have crystal clear memories of this particular film.

Freddy's Nightmares, I'd say probably not.  I watched a marathon of both seasons a few years ago and no scene that I can recall fits your description.  Also, it was a broadcast TV show during a time when such violence on broadcast TV was a big no-no, which even further whittles down the likelihood.   

The Hitchhiker's a strong possibility, though, and fits the time frame you claim to have seen the scene you've described (it ran from '83-'87).  The only problem is that while the show is available on DVD, each season features only select episodes so it won't be possible to check EVERY episode. 

I can tell you, however, that I received The Hitchhiker Season 1 as a screener several years ago and watched every episode on it, and as far as the select episodes on that disk goes, the scene you described doesn't ring a bell.  BUT, I do have a copy of my review of that disk wherein I provide a recap of all ten episodes it contains.  Check them out below and see if anything rings a bell.

From my review:

DISK 1

Last Scene
Paul Verhoeven directs Peter Coyote as Alex, a former actor turned first time director pressured by an obnoxious producer to make his first film a commercial success. Unfortunately, Alex is hindered by a lousy lead actress named Leda whom he nevertheless falls for. After rehearsing privately with her, he makes a dinner date. That night when Leda answers the door, it's not Alex standing there but someone wearing the same white fright mask as the killer in the film she's appearing in (see image). He continues to harass her in ever more threatening ways until Leda seemingly begins to go crazy. As directed by Paul Verhoeven (Robocop, Basic Instinct, Starship Troopers), this episode features his usual outlandishly stylistic approach. I think I even saw a gay Spider-Man in there, but don't quote me on that.

Night Shift
This supernatural tale features Margot Kidder as Nurse Jane, an overbearing, domineering night shift nurse at an old folk's home who has a nasty habit of stealing precious jewelry from her wards and hocking them through her small time musician/equally small time con boyfriend, Johnny. When EMT's bring in the sole survivor (Darren McGavin) of a collapsed building wherein dozens of bodies were found, Nurse Jane steels a valuable looking ring from the old man's finger, which causes him to break free of the restraints she'd put him in and go after her. Will she escape, or will this mysterious old man get revenge for all the old folks in the home?

The Miracle of Alice Ames
Joe Pantoliano is Brother Charles, a self-styled "reverend" whose Church of Limitless Love doubles as a bordello from which he pimps out brainwashed women to raise money for a new church. A naive young woman named Alice appears and Brother Charles shares with her his dream of building a new church. When Alice sees one of the other women out turning tricks, she believes it to be the way Brother Charles "spreads love" and picks up a man of her own. However, when the man attempts to do the nasty, she exhibits signs of the Stigmata. Thinking it was a brilliant hoax perpetrated by Alice to raise money for the church, Brother Charles offers to split the business with her and attempts to get into her pants. But, he's going to find out the hard way that her Stigmata was all too real.

Ghost Writer
This nicely film-noirish tale features Willem Defoe as a writer who fakes his own death in order to get revenge on his adulterous wife Debby (Dayle Haddon, the "Cyborg" of title in the Albert Pyun/Jean Claude Van Damme flick) and his editor (Barry Bostwick, Rockie Horror Picture Show). What follows is a series of turns, twists and betrayals which results in one of the best episodes on the disk.

Man's Best Friend
A clever and quirky tale with Jekyll and Hyde themes, this episode stars Michael O'Keefe (Caddyshack) as Richard Shepard, a distressed yuppie who goes to house sit for a friend after his wife Eleanor (Jennifer Cooke, Friday the 13th: Part VI) kicks him to the curb. While there he finds a large, white dog, which he takes in and names Big Boy. He pesters his wife's friends trying to find out where she might be after he calls her and gets the answering machine, but none of them will help him. Soon, each of his wife's friends turn up dead, seemingly attacked and killed by a wild animal. Chock full of sly dog references and in-jokes and featuring a tongue in cheek performance by O'Keefe, this episode's a winner. Oh, and those who thought Cooke was hot as the female lead in Friday the 13th: Part VI and wondered if she looked good naked, I can tell you, yes, she has some very nice puppies. Oh, a dog joke!

DISK 2:

W.G.O.D.
Garey Busey stars as the host of a Gospel-themed call-in radio show where people call in to confess their sins on air. About to be picked up by a national broadcaster, it's the worst possible time for the figurative skeletons in his closet to come out - but they do. Though this episode tends to be a bit heavy-handed with its religious and overly supernatural overtones, Busey turns in a fantasic performance.

The Legendary Billy B.
Though featuring a performance by genre favorite Brad Dourif, a lead role by Kirstie Alley and a supporting role by none other than Andy Summers of The Police fame, this episode about an unscrupulous investigative reporter and her photographer discovering that a rocker thought to be long-dead may still be alive is sunk by shameless overacting on Alley's part, and a rather limp story. Noteworthy in the series solely for the appearances of Dourif and Summers, this is the weakest episode featured on the disk.

Homebodies
Christopher Collett and the intense James Remar star in this tale of two robbers, Ron (Remar), a ruthless killer and Jimmy (Collett), the younger of the two who was raised by foster parents and considers Ron the only family he ever had. When the two break into the model home of a suburban housing development to get into a safe, they're surprised to find a family living there. Psycho Ron decides the family's got to die, but Jimmy suddenly finds his longing for a real family interfering with Ron's murderous plans. This episode, though not the best, features a clever twist at the finale and Remar shows his usual flair for playing a cold-blooded killer.

Why Are You Here?
Brad Davis plays Jerry Rulack, host of a late-night exposè show which focuses on the glamorous yet dangerous night life in the big city. Along with his camera-women, his search through one particular club leads him to Donnette (Helen Hunt), a rich girl who hangs with the party people because her always-absent parents have left her constantly feeling alone and empty. Hungry for depictions of true danger behind the glamour, Jerry soon finds himself in a position where he should have known to be careful what you wish for.

In The Name Of Love
This little number starts off well enough as a hit-woman with a penchant for taking out womanizers decides it's time for a break and goes on vacation. When she gets to the resort she falls for the fitness instructor, who may or may not be having an affair with a married woman. You know this one's going to end up bad, but in the meantime it takes a couple weird and nonsensical turns and almost lost me. But it makes up for it with lots of nudity on the part of lead actress Lucy Gutteridge. So, it's got that going for it.

So the possibilities left are Cutting Class and an episode of the Hitchhiker. Fortunately, I was able to rent all seasons from the library, and buy the entire series on DVD. If is none of the episodes, or Cutting Class, then I do not have any more ideas left. It has to be something, but if is not any of these possibilities, then I guess I will never know.

Someone on another forum told me that there is a netherworld classroom scene in Prom Night III: the Last Kiss, that might be it. Someone also told me that they saw many episodes from the Hitchhiker, and unfortunately, this scene does not sound like it could be from that series. I am running out of possibilities. I want to say I imagined this, but I know I didn't.

I also thought of Expect No Mercy and My Boyfriend's Back, though they are not horror movies, but both came out in 1995, which was after I saw it.