Topic: The Truck: The Latest Film from HM's Own Lee Vervoort (Ace of Spades)

As I've already posted in other threads a couple times tonight, I was recently given the opportunity to check out Ace's new flick, The Truck.  As also stated in my other posts, Ace's intention was to pay homage to the great road/road horror flicks of the '70s and '80s -- films such as Duel, The Car, Road Games, The Hitcher, Vanishing Point, etc.

And he nailed it!

The Truck is a solid little chiller with effective performances, rich cinematography, some hair-raising stunts and one beast of a titular killer vehicle.  Set in the mid-'80s, the film concerns a young man who, following the ill-timed chucking of an empty beer bottle, incurs the wrath of a psychotic driver with a homicidal streak and a decidedly leaden foot.  I won't give away any more story so as not to ruin it, but rest assured, there's some solid shocks along the way.

As much as I enjoyed the flick, what's most impressive is that Ace was able to pull it off on so modest a budget.  I encourage all resident road horror fans -- actually, horror fans in general -- to support our buddy Lee and grab yourself a copy of the flick when it becomes available.  And be sure to come back to this thread afterwards and post your own review.

The Truck: See it!

Re: The Truck: The Latest Film from HM's Own Lee Vervoort (Ace of Spades)

Okie dokie!

^^^
I'm going to tape you and Acey to the hood of my Malibu and go through several car washes since he gave you a preview before me.  This displeases the monkey.  Woof.

What about me?  I'm the oldest one here, I could die before i get to see it, and you let a wipper snapper see it first?

If you can defeat Chibbles the Sharp in hand-to-hand combat, you can take my spot.

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/Chibbles_The_Sharp.jpg

In Lee's defense, the only reason he let me see it first is because I'm so awesome.  But I don't have to tell you guys that.  You already know. smile

^^
I will eat your guitar and/or bass.

No!  Not Mr. Thump-Thump!  He's a good bass!  Don't blame him for his master's over-amped ego!  And while you're at it don't blame the master, either!  He can't help how awesome he is!

*This post bought to you by Lon in the Third Person*

Azzy the Hungry will defer from eating Mr. Thump-Thump.  Mainly because it sounds like a disease contracted in Hawai'i.
Azzy has no opinion on Mr. Thumpy's Master, as that would be "icky."
So spoketh the monkey.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/23/24359966_819581de1c_z.jpg?zz=1

+

https://lh3.ggpht.com/DNPQkRo_0AvjjivRgelJs1l6Bs_YO1FxuiI8QU4V6RC2tikmcJfI_sv_dByXWIk7hL0=w300

Trumps all!

'ppreciate it!

@Possum-
Angry Salad trumps you.

https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/angrysalad.jpg

One of these days y'all will learn...
tongue

Glad to hear Lon dug it. I'm sure Lee's new film is going to be awesome, and I look forward to watching it for myself. You can't really go wrong with a badass car movie...horror or otherwise.

And I'm not really even all that interested in cars...but I dig all the movies. *shrug*
Vanishing Point and Tarantino's Death Proof probably being my favorites.
Out of horror, John Carpenter's Christine.

I'm just hoping Lee shoots himself out of a cannon.  He jumped off a water tower for Gun Town, so he needs to step it up.  Or maybe shoot The Truck out of a canon while Lee is tapdancing on it while it flies through the air, then does a triple flip onto a horse, and rides off into the sunset.  Now that is how to make a movie, damn it!

Where am I?

azathoth wrote:

Where am I?

Clearly, we don't have a friggin' clue. lol

2 hours...
And then maybe I'll put my big boy pants on.

^ Take pictures. tongue

I am stoked! It sucked that we missed Lee for Guntown this year at HFest, really wanted to check it out with you all. But this will make up for it!