Topic: Azzy reads Poe's 'Annabell Lee'

Dedicated to my friend DG.

Direct link download-
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonk … =0&d=1

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-16 05:18:41)

Re: Azzy reads Poe's 'Annabell Lee'

I dunno if it's just my computer, which is remarkably quiet, but I couldn't hear more than a murmur even at the highest volume.

^^
You're right, I can't hear anything either.  I shall go back and see if it was an upload problem or if I didn't have the mic close enough for it to pick up what I was saying.

OK,

I updated the link.  Try it now.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-16 05:19:09)

Updated reading.  Should be able to hear it now, but my voice is for shit.  I'll have to redo tomorrow.

Your voice sounded fine. It felt a bit rushed in the beginning but it flowed really well overall, and I really liked how you ended it. I love these pieces you've been doing!

^^^
Not that bad, FAR from that. AweMonkeysome even.

I like the way you say Annabel Lee the latest ones, got a very cool tone. smile

Was fun. Thanks. smile

Well at least you could here it!
I'm going to redo this one when I'm not so freaking tired.  But I told DG that I would do this for her, so I wanted to give her a surprise this morning.

And man, this one is so much easier than 'The Raven.'  God, that thing is basically a tongue twister.

I'm glad you enjoy them.  I like doing them and people for some odd reason think I sound nice doing them.  You're all crazy. lol

Next is another Az & DG collaboration.  I really like how voice contrasts with mine, but I haven't figured out how to work that to it's potential.  I gotta find the right poem that we play off each other better.

The lines rimes way was pretty cool the one I've heard. But it also depends a lot of the poem chosen...

And here, the Monkey Punky is happy. lol

http://api.ning.com/files/PAWALRp2CRDES48iF16NBMYsr8Lrx1Aufc1NtTVWFcp-e9Bn*7WCvc4085mb029uYtxs64ustmJok9muDprHfyJNjmm8Ukr5/PunkRockAnimals1.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-16 05:41:28)

^^
Ah, shit, who let Cousin Fred out this time?  The last time it took 3 grenades, napalm, and a tank to get him back home.  I'm still paying Witchita for that fiasco.

^^^
MWAHAHAHAHA

Cousin Fred, loving it. lol

^^
At least it wasn't Boxlee or Chibbles.  They're their own nightmare sauce when they get loose.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-16 14:25:51)

Nice. I think some parts of poem need a bit more emphasis placed on certain words, but I do like how you ended it, by drawing everything out. Good job.

And yes, the tones between you and DG are great for contrast. Creating the rhythm should be the only obstacle in learning a poem, I would think.

^^
Yeah, for our first one we only practiced 3 times.  I think we can "get into the groove" of playing off each other.  It's surprisingly hard to do this when the person is not sitting next to you.

For comparison, I read through The Raven about 20 times before recording it, and then I posted the 3rd recorded attempt.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-16 15:43:42)

you have a soothing voice mr V.

Beautiful reading Azz! 

Thank you so much.  Made my day.  smile

^^
No problem, my friend!  big_smile

@Wolfy- thanks, my favorite furball.  tongue