Topic: Has Anyone Seen Mama?

I watched the first half of this last night and about to watch the rest of it.

Has anyone else seen it?

You can watch the full movie on Youtube in English.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mama_(2013_film)

Mama is a 2013 Spanish-Canadian horror film co-written and directed by Andrés Muschietti and based on his 2008 Argentine short film Mamá. The film stars Jessica Chastain and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and is produced by Zandy Federico and co-writer Bárbara Muschietti, with Guillermo del Toro serving as executive producer.

The film deals with the story of two young girls abandoned in a forest cabin, fostered by an unknown entity that they fondly call  "Mama", which eventually follows them to their new suburban home after their uncle retrieves them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/11/Mama_2012_poster.jpg

Last edited by DarkMistress (2013-11-17 22:12:54)

Re: Has Anyone Seen Mama?

Yes, I remember liking this film quite a bit. I thought the story was fairly intriguing and the visuals were well-done.

I find Jessica Chastain to be quite attractive in this, too.

very good movie

Cool thanks!

Gonna watch the second half now. I have enjoyed it so far.

it's not too bad although for me loses it towards the end. a 7/10 movie for me.

Unless you have nothing else to watch at all then yeah sure, it can be okay.

I wouldn't make much of it though.

I will probably eventually get round to watching it but have been put off the by the mixed reviews.

I guess its easy to build high expectations of a film when it has Del Toro's name attached to it and thats why its had so many disappointing reviews.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-11-18 19:43:14)

I thought it was pretty mediocre until the ending which was truly amazing.

Edit: Just read wolfie's reply, pretty hilarious that our opinions are polar opposite, but I also would give it a 7/10.

Last edited by Theli (2013-11-18 19:44:15)

Was it in theatres in the U.S? It was here, but it was a relatively short run, pretty average for horror flicks though.

I found the story extremely Dark and Sinister and Jessica and the dude do a really great job. But yeah the ending is kick ass to me. H3LL it's freaking Del Toro to which I'M TOTALLY SOLD so I dig it. I'm sure nobody's surprised that it's yet ANOTHER one I like. lol