Re: The Walking Dead, Season 4

^^^
I'm NOT happy he showed up. I HATE THE BASTARD!!! sad

What an episode! Best episode of the season so far!

I think that is probably in the top 5 best episodes ever!

Click-ensie and drag-ensie...

I wouldn't list this one among the best episodes of the show so far (for me, most of the best were from season 2 and as great as the show has been, they've yet to top the season 2 episode "Nebraska," IMO) but it was a pretty good one.  I actually thought Glen died after they stuck the breathing tube in his throat.  I had both hands covering my mouth going "No, no, no!" -- until Maggie said he was going to be okay.  I totally misread Glen going still and was freaking out. lol  Anyway, yeah, good episode.

Oh, and PS -- Ha, bitches!  I told you it was The Governor leaving all those rats along the fence to draw the walkers!  Never doubt me again!  

END

Dammit! (start spoiler stuff here)
Really great episode but I really never want to see another one with the Governor asshat again. The actor playing him doesn`t even do a decent job, the character itself was very see-through even from the first episode he was in last year. I pretty much immediately knew he was going to be some b.s sorta trouble and was going to have some stupid loyal cult like following. If they`re gonna stick on that path again of having him being the main story focus, I doubt i`ll bother watching anymore episodes. They could do SO much better than rehash that story over again, unless they`re out of new ideas, which is entirely possible.

You were right about the rats, but that's all.  LOL

Great episode last night.

Read...if you dare!  mwahahahaha.

Well, I gotta say I thought it may have been the Governor as well that had been feeding the Walkers rats.  When I saw what was going on at the prison with the mob of zombies coming in, I thought the group may have a hard time staying there now regardless of if they get control again.  The prison has been to breached, and they don't wanna live inside its walls, they, especially Rick, want to be out with the garden and animals. 

So, my thoughts were that they may consider the town many of the folks came from where the Gov was.  So, thinking about that, and while the fighting with the zombies was going on, I says to my wife, "I think we're going to see the Gov tonight."  I didn't expect it coming into the show, but as it progressed I thought it would happen...and there he was.  smile

I totally agree with Lon about season two, and those being the best episodes.  There were none close in season one, then a few last season with some of the stuff going on with the Gov.  However, nothing came close to the mid season finale of season two, and then most the rest of season two with that stuff with Shawn (who by the way would be a great asset at this point in the game!).

So...IMHO, the Gov did create some pretty tense moments and really great shows.  So, him being back irritates me cuz I hate him and I want them to kill him, however it also brings back tension.

A few questions that no one will answer cuz no one reads my posts (Except Lon to prove me wrong). smile 

1) Will the group go to that town?
2) Did the Gov cause this flu thing?
3) How will Tyreese and Daryl react to the Carol situation.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-11-12 09:49:57)

Regarding your questions:

1. I don't see that happening.  Mostly because while the set-up at Woodsbury was good for keeping the walkers out, it's too easily breached by the living.  Also with the Governor still out there, Rick wouldn't risk shacking up somewhere the Governor is familiar with and knows the ins and outs of.

2. I don't think it was the rats who caused the flu.  Notice in the first episode the zombie Rick keeps looking at by the fence, the one with the messed up eyes?  That was the only zombie like that among all the ones at the fence.  Which makes me think that person caught it somewhere out in the world, died from it, came back as a walker and happened upon the prison, where Patrick caught it when he was hanging out by the fence in the first episode.

3. I think Daryl will try to be understanding because he knows Rick wouldn't have made such a decision lightly, but ultimately won't be able to help holding it against him.  I think there's a good chance he'll end up feeling betrayed by this man he's put his faith in and has followed through near-literal hell.  Another possibility -- which would be nicely ironic after Daryl giving Michonne shit for running off all the time -- is that Daryl leaves to go find Carol.  Worst case scenario: Daryl reverts back to his old ways without Carol there and leaves Rick no choice but to give him the boot, too.

Tyreese won't be happy at all.  He demanded Rick find whoever killed Karen and bring them to him, so once he finds out Rick let Karen's killer go, I'm thinking he's going to blow up even worse than he did when he first found Karen's body.  Of the two, though, I'd be more worried about Daryl.  Rick showed he could handle Tyreese when they tussled, but he's never thrown down with Daryl.  They had a brief skirmish in season 1 but Shane jumped in so we didn't get to see who'd win.  I do think Rick could handle Daryl but it'd be a much worse and far closer fight than any Rick has been involved in so far.

End

Last edited by LoudLon (2013-11-12 11:36:55)

I'd definitely (spoilers in black) be more worried about Daryl than Tyreese, in terms of Rick. I don't think Daryl would leave all together, but I do think he may leave to search for Carol to make certain she's okay. He's too close to her to just let it go without seeing for himself.

In the comics, IIRC, Carol dies by suicide by zombie when the Governor attacks the prison. Maybe this is the show's way of keeping her alive, and she runs into them if they're forced out of the prison like in the comics.

Change of course real quick: I really wish they'd show them go through a winter. I understand that the way the show shoots doesn't really allow that, but I'd still like to see how they survive the winter when they can't really grow any food. How do the walkers react to the cold? Just things I think would be interesting to see *shrug*

Ya seeing how they would survive seasonal change would be interesting I think. They really need to move things along and introduce a new location or something. I`d be really happy to see a completely diff set of situations for them to overcome.

Oh yeah Lon, I thought Glen died too.  Even after Maggie said he was going to be ok, with him lying there like that.  I thought it was either denial on her part, or that she meant something like he'd be ok cuz he was in a better place or something.

I hope they'll be as good with cold as the Dead Snow ones are. And they probably will.

So apparently...

(in black)The next episode will be Governor-centric, which I get- they want to explain how he ended up outside the prison and such. At least the next episode looks better than this one. I was bored up until the last five minutes.

Yeah, with just a couple episodes left until mid season, we could be going through withdrawal from the other group.  Gotta wonder what's brewing?  Another battle between the groups?  Seems like they are setting this up with two things happening (among other things)-

1) We will like people in the Governor's group.
2) There will be people in the Governor's group that will be very loyal to him.

I guess this isn't so much different than his last situation, but now we're seeing it from the beginning which makes it different.

Well i'm officially done watching this show lol. Just watched episode 6 and saw from the preview for episode 7 that it's focused on the same theme. No thanks, had enough of that already lol. Wish I could get back that 45 mins of my time from tonight, coulda watched Gozu or something instead that I haven't seen yet. sad Good bye Walking Dead. *waves*

I'm really surprised by the hate for this turn of events.  To each their own, just surprised.  I'm actually not thrilled with it myself, but I think I can see where its going, and I think it will be a slow build to some major excitement.  Much like the missing girl in season two.

Seems like with the lack of discussion on this Thread lately, maybe there are many who feel bored with this direction.

My participation would be more frequent if I didn't have to wait five hours after seeing each episode for my various family member to get off my god damn computer when they come down, which lately has been irritatingly frequent.  That said...

I thought this past Sunday's episode was one of the top four or five of the series so far.  My biggest complaint about last year was the frustrating lack of characterization in regards to The Governor.  David Morrissey did the best he could with what he was given, but what he was given was an under-written character.  But with this episode, we finally got to see that when all is said and done, The Governor isn't a generic, one-note, slimy/vicious bastard; there's a man inside there, and that man not only seems to hate himself for the things he's allowed himself to do, but also seems destined to repeat those things, as well. 

You can only watch so many zombies splattered across the screen before it gets stale and boring.  The show needs more episodes like this one which dive into a character and explore how his or her idiosyncrasies interact with and/or effect those around them.  Because it's character + conflict (internal and/or external) which creates drama, not karo clear corn syrup + red food dye.

What I think is cool, is you can see the Gov's loyalty and survival instincts, that and his charisma, are what gets people to want to follow him.  That make people want him to lead.  Then clearly, when he gets that power, he makes decisions for the group that are wrong and evil, but he thinks are justified for the greater good. 

So yeah Lon, I agree with you...you just express it better than me.  smile  I don't always care about learning why people are the way they are (Michael, Jason, Freddy...etc), but in this case I did, and its insightful.  It almost feels like we are seeing a prequel to the Gov, where we are seeing him before his colony, but obviously its not. In my mind, it probably started this way (well after the zombies).

Ya know why Hollywood keeps doing tons of remake movies? Cuz many of their writers lack new and original ideas... You know why they bring back old chars in shows after they have already been washed aside? Same reason. I can think of at least half a dozen NEW things they could have done story wise to move it along in an interesting manner. There`s huge libraries and a wealth of knowledge in books at their fingertips if they just go find them. Heck one of them COULD be studying to be a pilot and they could go in search of the nearest airport. TA DA instant new scenario along with new locations and experiences to be had. Nope... Let`s just keep em in the same place.

They haven`t even lately touched on any notion of anyone in existence on the planet actually having a possible cure or a solution to this. There`s a WHOLE huge area they could explore even if it didn`t work out in the end. Instead they turn to `yaaaa, I dunno what we should do, let`s just bring back this guy`.  sad

They covered the whole "looking for a cure" thing in the last episode of season 1, at the CDC.  Rick and co. learn from Jenner that basically the only two CDC plants still in operation were Atlanta and France.  However Jenner states he'd recently lost contact with France, which means that plant likely met the same fate the Atlanta plant ultimately meets.  Which would mean it's plausible to assume there's simply no one still alive who possibly COULD find a cure.

Incidentally, they didn't bring The Governor back out of desperation; that character appeared in something like 30 issues of the comic, through at least two story arcs.  They brought him back because there was still more of his story to tell.

Just sayin'.

Reedus was way too nice about the freaking Gov. I would have destroyed him litteraly. big_smile

http://www.wetpaint.com/walking-dead/ar … rnor-video

In my opinion, its very realistic to think people would want to settle down in this scenario.  So many of their loved ones have been killed or died, they've been on the move, now they want to find a place to start over and make home.  I think the story is engaging this way, and a World War Z storyline of traveling the world really wouldn't fit in.

Again, to each their own, but I think things are moving along well.

Oh yeah, in my last post I mentioned liking seeing this side of the Gov for tension sake.  I forgot to add, I still want them to kill him!  I don't like the fu**er!

^^^
As much as I hate him I still like VERY much what he brings to the story.

Ironically, the most engaging, charming, and intelligent actor in the show is David Morrissey.  Now I'm all conflicted.  I hate the Gov but love David.