Topic: The Truck preview viewing

Hello kiddies, there was a special preview of Lee's new film, The Truck (2013). 

I found it to be a little less than Gun Town, but I'm more of a slasher rather than a vehicle guy.  The Truck is a great film.  Lee pulls off some nice shots.

All i can say right now is that it is a quality film before I fall asleep- not Lee's fault, I've been averaging 3 hours of sleep for this past week. 

The DVD's should be ready to ship by the end of the weed.  Please support one of our resident film-makers.

For the other folks who where watching last night- give us some reviews; I'll be posting up some more stuff later, but I 'm struggling to keep my eyes open just to type this.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-19 03:02:37)

Re: The Truck preview viewing

Ace's new film was a badass car-horror flick! I liked it even better than Gun Town, personally. I was very happy with it.

Some of my favorite scenes:
- The car/truck chase with the badass rock (and drum track) music. Made me feel like I was watching a bit of Vanishing Point.
- The humorous dialogue between Tim Emery and Andy Grace
- The factory chase.
- The film's finale...it was momentous.

My only big complaint is that the film is too short. It's too bad that Ace wasn't able to fit in the other scenes due to the weather/time factor. But you take the good with the bad, and The Truck is good.

^^
1) Emery is awesome.  He really needs to national exposure.
2) The drum bit in the factory stalking scene was great.
3) Yeah, too short.
4) Needed more Beard.

Yeah I had a great time watching it, loved the lines between Emery and Grace, all golden. I wrote a little review in the recently watched thread, if anyone is interested.

hey thanks guys, I really appreciate it.

funny you put "can fix a car with only his mind" because I did several times during the shoot.

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-11-19 13:47:51)

^^
You are The Lee.  There is no spoon.

Theli wrote:

Yeah I had a great time watching it, loved the lines between Emery and Grace, all golden. I wrote a little review in the recently watched thread, if anyone is interested.

where at? I can't find it.

nevermind, found it

Last edited by aceofspades70 (2013-11-19 13:57:01)

Damn, last night was fun!  I'd stop taking all my "happy pills" if I had any.  Vampy thinks I'm an alien replicant. 

Seriously, folks, it's not natural for me to be this happy.  Vamps is loving it, she's smiling & laughing, and I'm not f'n anything up.

Was I really miserable person before?  There has to be some explanation; and if it involves Punk and/or Lon doing voodoo....

I'm buying them bothe the finest hand-picked tea in the Weatern Hemisphere.

Nope, no voodoo.  But I've experienced this kind of thing before; other men get depressed and miserable around me because of my natural alpha-maleness.  I don't even have to do anything, it just happens. hmm

You do realize I have a good 5 inches (height, not going to let you getting an obvious joke in easily) and enough Cthulhu knowledge to bury "your" dog under the sea.
And if you're confused, then I'm going to be singing "Under the Sea" by Ariel on our next movie night.

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-19 18:49:31)

Five inches?  Pfft.  Let me know when you hit 6'5, then maybe I'll worry.  Maybe. tongue

What's this about "my" dog, now?  'Cuz you know it's not mine and I won't lose a wink of sleep if it were to suddenly find itself swimmin' with the fishes.  Hell, you'd be doing me a favor. lol