Re: Totally random

^^^
Oh hahaha how could I know, I never watched the english versions of the 3 first ones. Heh.
But it's still an even better reply she gave you knowing where it comes from. lol

Evil EVIL Devil DEVIIIL!!!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/47/f4/ee/47f4ee9df4edda7c6930af652dbafc04.jpg

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-23 12:33:30)

Going to see Black Sabbath in April. Got my tickets today!

Went on sale yesterday and are almost sold out.

Oh the STRESS but I got them YEAH!

smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
Oh hahaha how could I know, I never watched the english versions of the 3 first ones. Heh.
But it's still an even better reply she gave you knowing where it comes from. lol

Evil EVIL Devil DEVIIIL!!!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/47/f4/ee/47f4ee9df4edda7c6930af652dbafc04.jpg

Wow!!

I don't wanna mess with that dude! LOL!!!

^^^
That's how I look when I'm NOT pissed off. lol

And woah too cool for Black Sabbath, well done miss!!! smile

kXnPunk wrote:

^^^
That's how I look when I'm NOT pissed off. lol

And woah too cool for Black Sabbath, well done miss!!! smile

Thank Ya! big_smile

YW!!! I'm just jealous... VERY!!! lol

Ghostseeker wrote:
Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

they were like (even the lecturer!) "But it's up to date zombies. You are comparing them to old zombie movies."

My first question is, did 28 Days Later come up when someone brought up "fast" zombies?  Seems like that is always when it comes up, the discussion between fast vs slow.  I've been guilty of it myself before I was "enlightened" about things. 

Second thing is, whether you think 28 Days / Crazies has zombies or not, the "up to date" argument is now officially the dumbest argument in support of them being zombies I have ever heard.

I think its disappointing there is a film class where so many people, including the teacher, do not see how obvious it is they are not zombies.

To your first question, 28 Days Later actually came up with the discussion of just zombie movies in general. Right before one of my classmates mentioned 28 Days Later, I had said "Zombie Flesh Eaters is a great zombie movie. It goes by some different titles though, like Zombi 2". And then my friend mentioned 28 Days Later, with something like "28 Days Later is also a great zombie movie" and that is where I said it actually isn't, but everyone disagreed.

I'm just as shocked as you are, I kind of understand where some students may not know if it is a zombie film or not, but the lecturer...come on.

@Az - I'd love my lecturer to join a Skype call with all of us, because in many situations, she actually believes her own opinion is fact. It's annoying.

^^^
Zombi 2 is actually one of my favorites of them all. WITH N.O.T.L.D. of course. big_smile

azathoth wrote:

@Lon-
Did we ever determine what the hell the re-animated people/creatures in the Re-Animator series were exactly?  They're not zombies, 'cause they don't have a craving for the sweet tangy taste of human flesh, and it's not infected since they can't pass it on.  3rd category of undead, maybe?

I recall breaking down the differences between zombies and undead a while back, and while they're definitely not zombies, I think we lumped them under "undead."  However, as I sit here now thinking about it, I'm not sure that's accurate.  Because unlike the undead -- such as vampires or Jason Voorhees as of Friday part 6 -- re-animated subjects are still susceptible to injuries which would kill a normal person.  Witness West killing the morgue subject by drilling a bone saw through its chest, or the Dean being torn to pieces.  They still breathe, and they still require sustenance, like Dr. Hill's disembodied head needing a steady supply of blood to remain functional.

Which means the subjects in Re-Animator are in a class all their own.  Let's call them the "re-alive."

^^^
Very good words. But I prefer my way of naming them than re-alive. big_smile

"Re-animatorized Crazies" does have a nice little ring to it, I'll give you that. lol

^^
Maybe we should just stick to "reanimated"?  Now that would be me kicking myself in the proverbial head.

Hahahaha lol

And TY LoudLon. smile

Wahahahahahaha Damn that's a good one. lol

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/18/6e/c4186ec65b31346e8a1ed33d01aadf17.jpg

Mmmm WHAT???

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b72faa39e6b90f4374f99cb2fa3e9a82/tumblr_mwh59x9PXv1qd4q8ao1_500.jpg

OH Canada. lol

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/funny-Canada-different-car-crash.jpg

Canadian Military:

http://funnyfilez.funnypart.com/pictures/FunnyPart-com-canadian_army.jpg

^^^
ROTFLMFAO!!! lol

2 stairs down, 4 more to go.

DarkMistress wrote:

Going to see Black Sabbath in April. Got my tickets today!

Went on sale yesterday and are almost sold out.

Oh the STRESS but I got them YEAH!

smile

Me too, stress is gone. I'm gonna be at the april 16th Winnipeg show.

This is a long and boring story of Az having a bad day at the store- feel free to skip, you won't miss anything.

Oh shaven nuticles of the eternal Nyarlathotep.  Lowes (big home fixing box store) had me running back and forth from each side.  Now, it you haven't been in one of these, they are at least 120 meters (~150 yards), wide, by 100 meters deep. 

I come in the right side (garden & seasonal section [what?  You have a better idea where the hell moving boxes would be?  {Guess what, I was eventually correct.}])

Anyhoo, looked around had no idea from the signs, so I ended up walking all the way down to the other end.  I find my 2 types of concrete- one in a 20 pound bucket, the other in a 40 pound bag.  I ask a worker where the (moving) boxes are.  Guess what... all the way at the exact opposite of where I am.

So, OK, I'll just carry this stuff over there and pick up a cart on the way (I was getting 40 moving boxes, so I needed a cart eventually).  About 3/4 of the way there the freaking bag basically disintegrates.  My entire right side now looks like a power ghost and there is a mushroom cloud of concrete dust.  I looked around for some help, 'cause what the hell am I supposed to do?, but all the employees are talking to each other.  I wave- nope.  So f'em, they can deal with it later (I would have gladly broomed the damn 'crete into a bag it they would give me one.).

So I put down my pieces of bag and the tub of concrete sealer I got, grab a big-assed cart (unfolded boxes are surprisingly big) and go on to the box area.  Which their directions were "at the very corner of the store, next to the doors to the garden area."  It was 2 rows and 3 columns away from that.  So I pick up may boxes, and now I had to go back and get more concrete since one went fucking James Bond'ed on my ass already.

Oh fuck me, over a tiny trip I wrote an article longer than most of the actual writers here.

Scavenger of Human Sorrow wrote:

I'm just as shocked as you are, I kind of understand where some students may not know if it is a zombie film or not, but the lecturer...come on.

For full disclosure on my part, before I came to HM, I boldly declared 28 Days my favorite zombie film ever.  That was until I read a post by The Destroyer of Dreams (aka Lon), where he explained why they weren't zombies.  I immediately opened my mouth to argue (or moved my hands to type a rebuttal) but nothing came out.  It was an immediate acceptance of what he was saying, and a realization hit me like a fluid wave of concrete that there was no argument to be made.  28 Days is not a zombie film.

That was before I was armed with a logical and irrefutable argument that I will now utilize at this very moment.

Lon....do you hear me?  I have a declaration to make.  28 Days Later is a zombie movie.  They are the "new" zombies.  Stop living in the past man!  smile

Oh, some idiot website punked me on a news article, of all things.  OS X basically said, "Do want me to shut this shit down, or do want to take of it yourself?"

Boom, 3 hours later and recorded info over phone (assumng no expectation of "clients."

azathoth wrote:

About 3/4 of the way there the freaking bag basically disintegrates.  My entire right side now looks like a power ghost and there is a mushroom cloud of concrete dust.  I looked around for some help, 'cause what the hell am I supposed to do?, but all the employees are talking to each other.  I wave- nope.

Awesome Az!  You probably did not find it as funny as I did. smile

Hey, something you probably thought of, but around here, seems there are always people giving away moving boxes on Craigslist.