Re: Last horror movie you watched?

I loved Death Wish!

LoudLon wrote:

You could wipe your ass with a film reel and the resultant movie would still be better than the original Maniac. 

IMO, of course.

Brutal man. but I always appreciate honesty though and we all have different tastes.

To be honest with yourself I like the original Maniac 100 times better than Dawn of The Dead (1978). How u like that wink

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-11-23 18:17:04)

*ominous music plays*

Silent Night Deadly Night

LoudLon wrote:

You could wipe your ass with a film reel and the resultant movie would still be better than the original Maniac. 

IMO, of course.

agreed oh wise one called Lon. i do not rate the original "Maniac" at all but i thought the remake/ reboot was good.

Last edited by wolfman1959 (2013-11-23 19:21:10)

The lady wants to watch Jennifer's Body, so there's that, hmm

Vasquez wrote:
LoudLon wrote:

IMO, of course.

Brutal man. but I always appreciate honesty though and we all have different tastes.

To be honest with yourself I like the original Maniac 100 times better than Dawn of The Dead (1978). How u like that wink

Well maybe not a 100 times better but still a fair amount better.

I dislike the original utterly, to the point I dunno if I want to see the remake.

Vasquez wrote:

All I have to say to that is...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Animated/crazyperson_zps00c1acfb.gif

tongue

^
Sure Maniac is sleazy but its the finest sleaze at its maniacal best - its exploitation cinema thats literally does what it says in the title, in no part due to Spinnel's totally convincing performance.

LoudLon wrote:
Vasquez wrote:

All I have to say to that is...

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx332/LonTurner/Animated/crazyperson_zps00c1acfb.gif

tongue

lol

Don't get me wrong I think Night and Day are both very good films and don't think dawn is a bad film, just good (7/10) and certainly in my opinion the weakest of the original series.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-11-23 19:42:39)

It's not the amount (or lack) of sleeze, it just didn't work for me.

Gonna check out Eaten Alive. 

Not the Tobe Hooper one, the one by Umberto Lenzi since I'm on a Cannibal kick right now.

I am starting to see a pattern emerging with the Canninbal film:  a person disapears, a search party goes out to find the person.  They see a lot of animals eating each other.  They get captured by cannibals and all hell breaks out!

If ya gotta see one see Cannibal Holocaust.

at 12:24 - I do believe that is the same exact flight from Mountain of the Cannibal God!!  Has to be the same plane!!  Does that mean Stacy Keach, Ursla Andress and Janet Agren WERE ON THE SAME FLIGHT!!??  Does this mean the two movies actually are taking place simultaneously?? 

or it could be the same cheap stock footage.....

:38....same exact alligator attack too....  wink

:57 - SAME CANNIBALS!!!

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-11-23 23:36:34)

Scream Generations, an amateur-made, SOV Scream sequel I found on YouTube a few weeks back.  Didn't pay much attention to it because I was on the phone to my daughter, but it looked well-filmed and competently directed.  However it is going to require another viewing, this time with the sound on, before I can form a real opinion.

LOL

I have a hard time not getting distracted, lol.

Now watching: Takashi Shimizu's Shock Labyrinth. Ya i'm on another Japanese horror bender lol.

Dark Star (1974) - 7.5/10

An insanely eccentric sci-fi comedy (not technically horror, but, I refuse to put this in the "Mainstream" thread). John Carpenter's debut film, as well as Dan O'Bannon's first writing gig for a film (as well as being cast in a starring role). Some fun highlights of the film:
- O'Bannon fights with an extra-terrestrial beachball
- Ice Cube trys with white lights beneath them are used for some of the buttons in the spaceship.
- Ridiculous spacesuits (complete with vacuum hoses)
- Some very unrealistic, cartoon animated meteors
- Lots of incorrect physics played out throughout the film
- A philosophical discussion with an anthropomorphic bomb

^^
Nice one, Vixxy!

Just blew out a bunch of SyFy flicks from my DVR.  Zombie Night, Scarecrow, Why the Fuck is a Monkey Watching This Shit, Azathoth is Awesome, and Lon and Punk run an illegal Venus Prostitute Company #4.

Wha?, give me a break, I only get basic cable!

Lost a few more brain cells tonight:

Return To Blood Fart Lake

Chris Seaver's sequel (Not joking) has some "Hunters" gathering at the titular lake, trying to uncover and solve the mysteries surrounding the serial killer from the first film, for them to (obviously, by formula) get caught up in a slaughter of their own, with one guy tryin' to his buddy and get their asses out alive. Just, wow lol...

I am going to watch a few "of the" horror films.

Saw Curse of the... and Revenge of the.....both from the early 70's when everyone was capitalizing on Night of The Living Dead's title to get people into seats.

Saw NOLD and the remake

Saw Return of the...1, 2, 3....

just saw Gates of Hell AKA City of the....

Got Naschy's Terror of the.....on the list for a future viewing.

so I will start tonight with a movie from 2009......

Platoon of The Dead!

and this movie sucks.    But it does have a bunch of very cool concepts revealed at an HOUR in.  If they had introduced these elements sooner, it may have saved this crappy movie.

Last edited by Ragnbone (2013-11-24 11:31:01)

Just watched Dante's Inferno, fucking loved it!

Needed some psycho maniac horror stuffs so watching Halloween (Rob Zombie version). Still love the depth and background they give to Michael in this one.  Added bonus: Brad Dourif and Danny Trejo. big_smile

The general opinion is they gave him far too much, but I'm a Zombie fan, so it's there, tongue

Speaking of, I need to see Machete Kills.

Watched Pacific Rim

I LOVED the fight scenes between the Jaegers and Kaiju. They were as stunning visually as they were kick ass.

I regret not watching at the cinema.

9/10.