Topic: Horror Podcast : Episode 1 Recording Tonight

Tonight we will be recording our first ever podcast. I am only posting to let you know we are doing it and will be releasing the podcast sometime between tonight and monday. I know pretty accurate release date huh?

The podcast format is simple we are going to discuss the latest in horror and tonights topics include new horror flicks, games, dvd and commentary. We will touch on remakes, things on the boards, and things that are up and coming in horror. The podcast will have 4 people in it, myself, Gooner, Leon ( a new member ) and Dr. Zoidberg.

Also we are inviting anyone who is interested in being a part of the podcast to speak up. We are open to inviting a member from the boards to join in on the podcast every week as a guest commentator. This podcast is not going to be rigid, its going to be fun and flexible and change from week to week to suit what is going on in our community.

Hopefully some of you will enjoy listening to our podcast! Its a coming.

Re: Horror Podcast : Episode 1 Recording Tonight

very cool!  I'll be looking forward to this.

yea, leon told me about this a school. sounds kewl

It should be awesome. I'm going to pick up a new mic in a few so that we can actually start recording. Last night my crappy internal mic kind of screwed things up.

lol we already recorded it you just were not there leon. We will be doing more recording tonight, since its our first episode and we have some kinks to work out yet.

Alright no problem. Either way I should have a new mic by that time.

lol i just dont want folks thinking "we didnt record it". Which is what your post says.

Yeah i gotcha, no problemo. Now i just need to get some cash together and go mic shopping.

wide condensor mics pick up very clear vocals and could be found at decent prices, if that helps

This is very cool, indeed.  Something I am looking forward to.

for the most part we are using headsets. The quality is reasonable. Because this will be a learning process for me I am sure if we make this a regular thing it will improve greatly over time.

i record a lot, so let me know if you have any ongoing problems...i may be able to help you figure out inexpensive ways to up the production

do you have MSN Messenger ? Would love to chat with you about it and share our first bit of the podcast. I am really good at webdev and programming but podcasting I know nothing about smile

i don't, but i do sign onto aol once every couple months or so.  i've never done a podcast either, but i play around with a lot of different setups for msuci and vocals...i'm assuming the recording part of it would work the same

I should ask a really stupid question.  What is a podcast?

Is it something like a short movie thing shot to your Ipod or something else like an audio IM?

its a radio show golden. And Jargen whats your aim username? I also use it from time to time.

Episode 1 has been recorded. It was a fun process and a learning one. Episode #2 will be alot easier and with better production values now that we know WTF we are doing. But I think episode one is well put together and will please horror fans.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_6620.html

damn you got a sexy voice. unfortunatly i cant listen to the whole thing right now

Very kewl.  Love it.

Reminds me of sunday morning shootout but for horror films smile

Last edited by thegoldensimatar (2006-10-01 22:59:01)

Fuckin' awesome guys.  Sounds very professional and I'm lookin' forward to further podcasts.  Keep em' comin'.

Yeah, good work guys. Sorry I couldn't get my horror gaming segment in. Damn crappy mic of mine. I'll be set for next week though.

well its good to hear that the difficulty and profanity that went into putting this together has resulted in some good feedback. Please share the link above to the podcast news with any horror friends you have. Myself, Gooner and Dr ZoidBerg would appreciate it.

We already have ideas for Episode 2 worked out

Meh, my aol name is also Jargenfornow

I wait eagerly for the next podcast.

well thats good to hear, guess that means we are still on track. We MIGHT record episode 2 tonight since we got a few hot button items.