Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Next month I think.  Very cheesy and lots of fun.

It certainly looks like, mercs, assault bots, zombies, all waging war in a dystopian setting? Sign me up!

This a definite buy for me.  You can NEVER have too many zombie movies.

Agreed on that score!

Have you seen Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak On a Plane?

Re-watched the SOV flick Sixteen Tongues (1999).  Used to have the DVD but have no idea where it disappeared to.  Scooter McRae's second (and to date, last) directorial effort, about a violent cop named Torque who ejaculates blood and is slowly losing his mind following an experimental skin graft where portions of his damaged flesh were replaced with human tongue meat, and a pint-sized Asian killing machine with clitorises under her eyelids in a lesbian relationship with a woman who can jack herself into other people's minds and see through their eyes.

Scooter McRae may be a skeevy, demented pervert, but at least he's an interesting skeevy, demented pervert.

You should see Monsturd, prepare to lose brain cells.

Been there, done that, and as bad as it is, it's Citizen Kane compared to Mr. Irish. *shudder*

That movie really that bad?

Put it to you this way:  I got it as a screener back when I was a reviewer for the now-defunct zombiekeeper.com.  By the time it was over, I was convinced it was ZK's admin playing a joke on me.  It was the absolute worst, most god-awful movie I've ever seen, SOV or not.  But nope, it wasn't a joke.  It was a real movie, from a filmmaker with some 20 or so flicks under his belt.

The filmmaker's name is Wilbur Scott.  Look him up.  I guarantee you will never in your life find a worse filmmaker, and that's with the brain-dead and comatose on the table.

Man, that's rough, but I take your meaning, sensei.

@Alucard, yeppers, thought it was fun too, but really with zombies I'm kinda a pushover.

floridapossum wrote:

@Alucard, yeppers, thought it was fun too, but really with zombies I'm kinda a pushover.

I hadn't seen it 'til a couple weeks ago, then went that weekend to Hastings and got it for $7, smile

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-11-24 18:43:16)

Unhinged - a decent slasher with a creepy setting. Slow in parts and not as violent as I thought it was going to be but overall I enjoyed it. 7/10

Currently watching Pontypool on Skype with the guys, great flick so far!

PONTYPOOL [2008] rewatch

Been a long while I haven't seen it but was great to see it back with Alucard, Theli and Golem. Just one thing to say...

THE FUCKING SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big_smile

That film was fucking great, awesome sound, amazing tension for such a small cast and simple setting, and a unique (to me) concept what with using speech to infect the population rather than the standard gas/bioweapon/being bitten/wounded you usually see, definite buy!

Very very good first movie night!

Last edited by Alucard the Risen (2013-11-24 22:52:51)

^^^
Ya bet it was. Hopefully you'll join for some more, too bad you missed the Halloween fest that was a freaking BLAST!!!

Yea, joined too late for the epicness...

Epicness isn't even enough to describe it really. big_smile

Then I regret it all the more, knowing that it can happen nevermore.

Oh, it'll happen again, I'm sure.  Some newb will come strutting in, talking about "28 Days Later is my all-time favorite zombie movie" and I'll be on them like make-up on Tammy Faye Bakker.  Like pale skin on a red head.  Like a cold sore on a crack whore's upper lip.  Like a hooker on a Japanese businessman.  Like Marv Albert's teeth marks on a non-consenting woman's butt cheek.  Like R. Kelly's urine on an under-aged sex partner.

What was I saying?

'Nuff said, big_smile

I just love those "28 Days Later" zombies.

*sits back and grabs popcorn*

Oh, and they rocked "28 Weeks Later" too!