Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Cool, I've pissed off a bunch of people that didn't get that I was being funny/sarcastic/etc.

Very good one on Nail Gun Massacre.  You get 18 cool points just for bringng up a film that has such awesomely bad one liners.

Hate to do this to you-
Murdercycle (1999)

On a tangent, you ever check out my website?  I've review a bunch of films that have no legal reason to be in existence.  Also, there are some other links I have to other folks' pages that have some more fun crazy reviews.

Not pimping my stuff, since I don't have an ad money on there, just thought you'd like to check out the stuff I've written about, though I'm about 300 moves behind on post stuff at this point.

Hmm, okay, then how about I add:

Weasels Rip My Flesh

azathoth wrote:

On a tangent, you ever check out my website?  I've review a bunch of films that have no legal reason to be in existence.  Also, there are some other links I have to other folks' pages that have some more fun crazy reviews.

Not pimping my stuff, since I don't have an ad money on there, just thought you'd like to check out the stuff I've written about, though I'm about 300 moves behind on post stuff at this point.

Sure, link meh?

Easy thing would just be to click on the "Website" link under my avatar, but..
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home

As a bonus, I love this guy's reviews, uber-funny.

Whoa, pulling out some serious shit with Weasels.  What a crock that was.  How the hell do you mess up a Blob theme?

OK, I'll give you a softball for this round, just 'cause I love bringing it up (really irritates some people)-

KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park (1079).

edit-  Lon, please tell me you family is leaving some time before 2017.  Me, you, and Alucard could be jam-funking bad movies pimpstastical bounty on Skype right now.  [and my God, I believe I just broke the English language with that last sentence.  Woot.]

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-26 02:04:55)

Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park!
Oh hell yeah!
'Rip Rip, Rip and Destroy!'

I kinna like KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park, tongue

And yeah, that whole movie was terribad, the warning sign that looked like a 4-year old scribbled it was awful enough, but DAMN.

^^
Oh snuzzballs, a random person falls into our insanity.
Me likey!
'Sup Darin?

Yes, indeed!

Currently watching a workprint version of the unreleased Grizzly 2.
Featuring a temp soundtrack with Michael Jackson songs!

^^
Seriously?  Sweet!  Are you involved with the production or just got it somehow?

It's on youtube, my friend.

That's nice, I really need to stop using YouTube for just music and laughing at stupid people.

^^
Nice.  For that info, you get 5,000 TTs, 'cause I love "independent" film makes.   I use the quotes since the only person that can fund his own shit films is Bill Zebub.

Now if only Vampy would wake up...

You could just wake her up, maybe?

tongue

Normally I would, but she has the flu or something like for the past 2 days.  Barfing, diarhhea, headaches, fevers, chills.

Don't think she wants any private time with me now.  Bummer, but shit happens.

darin wrote:

Currently watching a workprint version of the unreleased Grizzly 2.
Featuring a temp soundtrack with Michael Jackson songs!

Well... that was pretty interesting. Turns out that the film was never actually completed and someone put this work together years later. There are very few shots of the bear. Most of the time there is just bits of film leader where the bear was supposed to be inserted later.

Aw, man, I hope she recovers soon.

LoudLon wrote:
floridapossum wrote:

@Lon, not interested in your paltry excuses.  You were not here to avenge yourself.  So, as in football, I win by default!

Oh, is that how they play football in Canada?  I thought they just took turns passing around the same helmet and the first team to hit a moose with the ball wins.

Hence, how bout them running zombies in 28 Days/Weeks Later?   Hahahahaha

Even suspending your disbelief enough to accept that their bodies can move at all, zombies are in a state of progressive decomposition!  Muscle fibers breaking down, joints eroding!  No operative heart or lungs to carry the blood and oxygen NECESSARY for that type of exertion!  There's a reason zombies are slow, and my like of Return of the Living Dead and Zach Snyder's '04 Dawn remake notwithstanding, ZOMBIES DON'T RUN!

Y'know, before I logged on I was checking an announcement on comicbookmovie.com that they're officially remaking Day of the Dead (don't even fucking get me started).  And some dip-shit in the comments section had the nerve -- the pure, ridiculous, unmitigated nerve -- to call the original Dawn boring and slow and calling Snyder's remake a superior film.  And it got me thinking, must be the times.  Of course today's generation, raised in a society where everything they could ever want is only a keystroke away and the words "instant gratification" are part and parcel, of course they'd think anything old and slow sucks. 

But that doesn't make the poster any less of a dumb fuckin' dweeb.  I despise this snooty, snotty new generation, AND they're running zombies.  They can go blow one another for all this old fart cares.

And there you have it.  A rant against fast zombies turns into an indictment on today's so-called "global generation."  I hope you're happy, Pam!

At the risk of sparking a similar outcry by Lon I would say I actually like Synder's remake better than the original.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate and respect the place that the original film has in the horror genre. I would say however that one of the criticisms I have of the original would be the pace of certain sequences. The use of humour also doesn't appeal to me and seems as out of place as that in the original Last House On The Left. The reason why I like the original Day so much is that I think its unrelenting grim nature more effectively communicates an end of the world, doomed atmosphere and I think the characters are more interesting.

I don't feel this way about all horror though, a build up of atmosphere is a vital part of some of my favourite horror's, e.g The Orphanage, The Devil's Backbone and Dark Water. Indeed, I don't agree with the criticism of Day by some people that it is too 'talky' - I really like the exchanges between the characters which is all part of Romero's message for the film - and hate the zombie spider-mans in the current remake.

Last edited by Vasquez (2013-11-26 09:25:56)

YPU'RE NEXT [2013]

WOAH WHAT  A FREAKING BLAST THAT WAS!!!
Phenomenaly amazing one this was really. EXTREMELY creppy and insane this what. Fantastic from beginning to end this has been. Sinister like I love and kick ass acting it is full of. a very cool one with I truely enjoyed from the start to the end. WOW, I'm totally amazing at this one which I will watch more than once for sure. Very, very, very nice.

Damn this was great. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-26 08:17:08)

Alucard the Risen wrote:

LOL

You need to hear this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEPHLPmt914

Damn there's evn a TEN HOURS version of this... WHAT??? Damn some are insane. lol

azathoth wrote:

Hate to do this to you-
Murdercycle (1999)

Oh woah, that is a freaking RIOT one!!! big_smile

The orphanage

^

A masterpiece!

^ yeah it really is, it was my second time watching it and I think it made it better