Re: Movie trivia: "Did you know?"

The bowling alley they used for the national tournament in the movie Kingpin really is in Reno, Nevada and is only a couple blocks from where I live.

John Larroquette was the narrator in the  The Texas Chainsaw Massacre original . The remake and TCM The Beginning

never snapped he did the later narrations, too.  duh.

Some original 1972 newspaper ads for Last House On The Left suggested it was an appropriate film for young teens by showing them the possible consequences of wayward behavior.

^^^  oh thats great !!!  lol

would have made me think twice about scoring some grass at the time, I tell you what. LOL

original ads for Fulci's hacked-to-pieces version of The Beyond known as Seven Doors Of Death boasted made-up raving endorsements from Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel of TCM fame

When Roger Ebert reviewed the original Night of the Living Dead, it was after seeing it at a matinee with a theater full of children who thought it was just another low-budget campy b-movie; halfway through, he wrote in his review, most of them had broke down crying.

^Classic!

The "Puttin' on the Ritz" segment of Young Frankenstein almost didn't make it into the movie because director Mel Brooks just didn't think it was funny.  Screenwriter/star Gene Wilder had to fight to keep the bit in, and it turned out to be one of the funniest sequences in the flick.

Sean Cunningham's idea for Friday the 13th was nothing more than the title and a poster he had made.  He had no concept of what the story should be until he hired Victor Miller to bang something out, which Miller did by flipping the basic concept of Hitchcock's Psycho.

None of the promotional materials for 'Night of the Lepus' showed the "monsters."  The producers thought it would turn off potential viewers.  (I guess as opposed to the actual movie turning off the viewers.  How much drugs do you need to take to green light a 'horror' film based on bunnies?)

House on Haunted Hill (1999 version)
Geoffrey Rush was never meant to look like Vincent Price. The original screenplay described Stephen Price as a regular looking businessman. Rush didn't care for this, so he suggested that his character look like the film director John Waters. The director agreed to test this look out. After his transformation, he ended up looking so much like Vincent Price the director decided to keep the look.

I love Geoffrey Rush, i walked past him on the street a few weeks back, didn't have the balls to say anything, or even if i did i don't wanna be one of those guys, a tip of the hat would have been fun though.

In, Return of The Living dead (1985)---  The eye-test poster in Burt's office actually reads "Burt is a slave driver and a cheap son of a bitch who's got you and me here" if you put the letters together.

^^
Haha, I'm gonna have to check that eye-test scene out now!

When one theatre goer wrote to Alfred Hitchcock to complain that ever since he and his wife watched Psycho she had became terrified of taking a shower Hitchcock actually wrote back and suggested he take her to be dry-cleaned!!! big_smile

Martin Scorsese and Jack Nicholson got their big Breaks from Roger Corman.

Shakingman wrote:

Did you know that a whale turned down the role of the shark in Jaws?

Hahahahaha

Did you know that in Fight Club they flashed subliminal pictures throughout the movie?  They flashed Brad Pitt a few times before they revealed him.  They also flashed a penis at the end of the movie tongue

did you know that all of these actors James Mason, Stacey Keach, Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas  and Peter Falk  were all considered for the lead role of John Verney that eventually went to Richard Widmark in Hammer studios last horror film before they closed  in the 1980's " To The Devil A Daughter" (1976) in contrast Christopher Lee was the only choice to play the film's villian.

hybrid moments wrote:

Kurt Russell was up for the part of Han Solo before Harrison Ford snaged it.

So was Richard Dreyfuss

wolfman1959 wrote:

did you know Sean Connery turned down the part of "Gandolph" in the " Lord of the Rings" films because he didn't understand the script.

He also turned down the role of the architect in the Matrix movies around the same time.

JackBurton wrote:

Martin Scorsese and Jack Nicholson got their big Breaks from Roger Corman.

So did James Cameron and Jonathan Demme

^^
Cracked had an article a while back about all the various people Corman helped break into the industry.  See if I can find it...

Here it is.  Fascinating read.

Before Ben Affleck was cast as batman in the "batman vs superman" movie, Zack Snyder was talking to Josh Brolin for the part

I know it's from tv but Matthew Broderick  and John Cusak were both considered and (at different times) were in negotiations for the role of Walter White

That the movie DARK INTRUDER (1965-was originally a TV pilot for a show starring Leslie Nielson as a paranormal detective?