Topic: January/February Movie Night

As you all know, I'm moving in 2 weeks, and then it's Christmas and New Years.  I'll try to get a Christmas Movie Night in, but with a new job, moving, and all that, I may have to skip it.

[Now, keep in mind I'm going to try to do a Non-Halloween HM Movie Marathon in March/April/May for the poll vote.]

So, first-
Go check here to see what movies we've done for previous Christmas movie nights and come up with some new ones in case I do manage to run one.

2nd-
I really want to do Prince of Darkness (1987) in a Movie Night, so a January/February time frame seems good for it.

Give me some like-minded films if I do it for January.
If it rolls into February, go check the previous Valentine's movies (the first link above) and suggest some new ones.

So vote in the poll and/or give me your thoughts/ideas/money and movie suggestions.

If you don't, I'm sending the glowing monkeys after you.
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/glowing_monkeys.png

Re: January/February Movie Night

I hadn't heard you'd got a new job and that you were moving, congrats! I wouldn't mind a january movie night, december will be busy. I am down for Prince of Darkness, got it on blu-ray and haven't seen it yet.

I like to stab Valentines more than fucking Christmas so I voted February. As for Prince Of Darkness, damn yes, great one. And every one you'll put up, you're a Master at that so I trust you entirely. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-14 23:47:19)

whatever Az i really don't mind. i also wasn't aware you were moving, but of course was aware you had at last got a job. i am pleased for you, my friend and hope it inspires and drives you further in an already inspiring life.

Thanks guys.  smile

Looks like a Jan/Feb thing, then.  Since these are only 1 night Movie Nights, I could pull off a January and Valentine's nights.  Nice, nice...

Looking forward to it. Enjoyed my first one a whole lot so I'll be there for damn sure!!! big_smile

How does the movie night work on here? is there a post or thread that explains how it works?

I voted January, but any of those months should work for me.

@Ash-
This should explain most if it for you.  Those are the instructions for this year's HFest, but the same deal works for all of our Movie Nights-

• Everyone gets a copy of the movie(s)

• Get on Skype for text and/or chat (no video)

• Chat while film runs.

I'll I need is your Skype name so I can add it to the HM group.
PM me if you have any more questions.

Ash's missing hand wrote:

How does the movie night work on here? is there a post or thread that explains how it works?

Look at EVERY thread about Movie Night but basically it's a night on Skype chatting while watching a movie which are chosen a few days or weeks in advance. The Monkey started that I think... Been going on for a few years...

YOU FASTER than poor me Monkey!!! lol

azathoth wrote:

As you all know, I'm moving in 2 weeks, and then it's Christmas and New Years.  I'll try to get a Christmas Movie Night in, but with a new job, moving, and all that, I may have to skip it.

[Now, keep in mind I'm going to try to do a Non-Halloween HM Movie Marathon in March/April/May for the poll vote.]

So, first-
Go check here to see what movies we've done for previous Christmas movie nights and come up with some new ones in case I do manage to run one.

2nd-
I really want to do Prince of Darkness (1987) in a Movie Night, so a January/February time frame seems good for it.

Give me some like-minded films if I do it for January.
If it rolls into February, go check the previous Valentine's movies (the first link above) and suggest some new ones.

So vote in the poll and/or give me your thoughts/ideas/money and movie suggestions.

If you don't, I'm sending the glowing monkeys after you.
https://sites.google.com/site/vervemonkeyproject/Home/images/web-images/glowing_monkeys.png

Jacobs Ladder
Zodiac
The Invasion

^^
Jacob's Ladder would be a good one.
We've done Zodiac before, so I'll skip it this time.
Are you talking about the The Invasion (2007)?

The other film I'm highly considering is Winterbeast, since everyone missed it this past HFest and I've had a lot of requests to redo it.

edit- by the way, Ash's Hand, you are safe from the Glowing Monkeys now. big_smile

Last edited by azathoth (2013-11-16 14:14:27)

I wouldn't mind doing a holiday movie night. Even if it's only one movie. Between Christmas and New Years. Of course it depends on what is going on with everyone.
End of January is good too cause I'm off for almost 2 weeks cause of exams. So I will have some days off.

I gotta book some days off in January. For ice fishing and recuperation of sanity.

Whenever is good for me. Aside Xmas day and New Year's of course.

Suggestions:

You're Next
The Conjuring
Nightmare On Christmas
Albino Farm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW5rj3Cmuc8
Kiss Of The Damned

Still gotta watch You're Next and the Conjuring, gotta get Maniac yet too. Sigh, so many movies, so little money.

Theli wrote:

Still gotta watch You're Next and the Conjuring, gotta get Maniac yet too. Sigh, so many movies, so little money.

I feel your pain, my friend

So many movie yes but for me money isn't what matters. It's Seeders that do. lol

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-11-27 09:30:50)