11,751

Re: Getting to know each other

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Just bought myself a region free DVD player, big_smile

Region free meaning you can play any DVD from any country??
Even if the region is, lets say 3??

Last edited by MoonRaven (2013-11-24 18:58:39)

Re: Getting to know each other

Yep, yep, that's right!

11,753

Re: Getting to know each other

^^
I'm kind of surprised they even sell region-locked DVD players anymore, since B-R players basically ignore all regional coding.

Stupid MPAA.

Re: Getting to know each other

Most 'sold in store' Blu-Ray players still have lockouts, it's annoying.

Re: Getting to know each other

Oh, you need to go watch Pontypool with us, tongue

11,756

Re: Getting to know each other

^^^
We saw it too recently but American Mary would be fun.

11,757

Re: Getting to know each other

^^^
Pontypool is a slow burn film, we tried it before and it didn't really generate much talk until about 1/2 through the film.

^^
Haven't seen American Mary, so I don't know how that would work.

Re: Getting to know each other

I've heard a lot of good about it.

11,759

Re: Getting to know each other

^^
When it comes to a movie night, "good film" does not always transfer to "good chat watch."  When we did Tarantino's Grindhouse, Planet Terror was a kick, but Death Proof was a complete flop.  Everyone was asleep by the time anything starting happening.  Good film, too slow.  It's a balancing act.

11,760

Re: Getting to know each other

A. M.'s on StageVU:
http://stagevu.com/video/tosredamkdha

Re: Getting to know each other

@azathoth:

Agreed with you on that.

@kXmPunk:

Ok, cool, I'll watch when (if) I get out of here. Is it better quality than that Pontypool DVD rip?

11,762

Re: Getting to know each other

Can't tell, I never stream aside on You Tube and I have the DVD so...

Re: Getting to know each other

Ah, oh well, cause I had volume all the way up and barely could hear Pontypool.

11,764

Re: Getting to know each other

azathoth wrote:

^^
When it comes to a movie night, "good film" does not always transfer to "good chat watch."  When we did Tarantino's Grindhouse, Planet Terror was a kick, but Death Proof was a complete flop.  Everyone was asleep by the time anything starting happening.  Good film, too slow.  It's a balancing act.


I did not like Death Proof. It's not just slow, it's pointless, and just verbal masturbation on Tarantino's part and that doesn't fly with me.

We watched Pontypool just recetly, it was a fun watch. Not a lot of talk, but I honestly don't chat too much during movies. I find it hard to do both unless I actually own the movie and can watch on my TV while skyping on my comp.

11,765

Re: Getting to know each other

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Ah, oh well, cause I had volume all the way up and barely could hear Pontypool.

That too, the version I watched was QUIET.

Re: Getting to know each other

I'm the same way, that's why I didn't say much myself during Pontypool, loved Planet Terror, though, smile

11,767

Re: Getting to know each other

So looks I'll watch American Mary alone...

Re: Getting to know each other

Can't watch here unfortunAtely, unless it on NetFlix...

11,769

Re: Getting to know each other

Alucard the Risen wrote:

Yep, yep, that's right!

Bf keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. I said that. I'm a big fan of Asian TV dramas. And it's a pain in the butt to find region free DVD's with subtitles.
Which makes no sense. You sell a region free DVD that doesn't have subtitles or you sell a subtitled DVD that can only play on Asian DVD players. That DVD player would make my life so much easier.

11,770

Re: Getting to know each other

That's why computers rule!!! lol

Re: Getting to know each other

MoonRaven wrote:
Alucard the Risen wrote:

Yep, yep, that's right!

Bf keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. I said that. I'm a big fan of Asian TV dramas. And it's a pain in the butt to find region free DVD's with subtitles.
Which makes no sense. You sell a region free DVD that doesn't have subtitles or you sell a subtitled DVD that can only play on Asian DVD players. That DVD player would make my life so much easier.

That's why you need to buy a non-region locked DVD player.

Computers don't solve everything, not all players are region free.

11,772

Re: Getting to know each other

^^^
Well mine is ok. Why the H3LL should I care about the others??? tongue

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-01 13:36:22)

Re: Getting to know each other

Hehehe, smartass, lol

11,774

Re: Getting to know each other

Where did you have you're craziest sexual experience is the new question...

In the biggest tree in the college park, 17 years old.

Insane Orgasm, the best of my life. lol

11,775

Re: Getting to know each other

Winter '99, back of my Chevy Blazer, Louisville International Airport parking garage.  And that's all the detail I'm gonna give. lol

Same question (remember, keep it PG-13).