Topic: fast and furious 7

what should the producers of fast and furious 7 do after Paul Walker's fatal crash?

Last edited by Ash's missing hand (2013-12-09 23:52:11)

Re: fast and furious 7

I'm not sure how far along they were, or how much camera time Paul had.  Either way, they will get it made, and portray it as a tribute to him.  Whether there is some genuine feeling to make it a tribute, or not, either way they will do it cuz they know it will be a money maker.

So what should they do?  Finish it.

*** EDIT ***

I just realized there's a poll.  big_smile  Well, I don't agree either choice is necessarily the best option.  It really depends on how far along they were. 

They definitely should not do a body double or CGI.  If you have shots of Paul to use, use it in the story.  Re-write it to fit (not necessarily a total rewrite though).

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-12-10 00:15:38)

Ghostseeker wrote:

I'm not sure how far along they were, or how much camera time Paul had.  Either way, they will get it made, and portray it as a tribute to him.  Whether there is some genuine feeling to make it a tribute, or not, either way they will do it cuz they know it will be a money maker.

So what should they do?  Finish it.

*** EDIT ***

I just realized there's a poll.  big_smile  Well, I don't agree either choice is necessarily the best option.  It really depends on how far along they were. 

They definitely should not do a body double or CGI.  If you have shots of Paul to use, use it in the story.  Re-write it to fit (not necessarily a total rewrite though).

I believe it was about 70% done but the studio is insured so they would recoup almost all of the production costs. I think scrapping the whole thing and starting over with his character written out somehow is the best thing to do given how he died and the type of movies the fast and furious movies are.

Well I can't argue with you Ash, and that's a safe way to go.

I think they will end up finishing it if he's 70% done.  Many examples to point to for this scenario, most notably the Crow.

Keeping in mind I don't know what the movie's about, here is my thought - Sine they're so close to ending.  Just modify the script to give Paul an out.  Either a death scene or any scene where he goes away.  I realize the entire script may need to be re-done for this, but its what I think they should do.  Give him a proper movie ending.

Would be a tear jerker.

*** EDIT***

To add, do it without a stunt double or CGI (or VERY limited use of the double). Somehow use the existing shots to tell a new story.  I know it wouldn't be easy, and would take some ingenuity, but I think its the right thing to do.

Last edited by Ghostseeker (2013-12-10 01:24:21)

What should they do?
Scrap the entire movie.

What will Hollywood do?
Play up the "tragedy" angle as much as possible.

Brandon Lee, Heath Ledger, etc.  They (execs) don't give one flying flip about anyone unless they're bringing in money to them.