Re: Last horror movie you watched?

Silent Night Deadly Night

floridapossum wrote:

Contracted 8/10

Ewww!  Gag!  I think I threw up in my mouth!

That was so great!

I saw is gruesomeness on the big screen at Frightfest and met the director.

I agree, a pretty impressive movie for an independent flick. 8/10 for me aswell.

FYI the castle where some of it was filmed was near where I grew up.
http://www.boldtcastle.com/visitorinfo/

I should revisit that movie I recall enjoying it.

Ragnbone wrote:

speaking of demons, checking out an oldie, but hopefully goodie:

Fear No Evil 

from 1981

-at 13:30....there is a model dimetrodon.  I have the same exact model from when I was a kid!!

here's a pic I found on e-bay.  biddings stopped.  I should sell mine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dinosaur-Dime … 1257665790

this movie is like The Omen in high school...reminds me of my old high school.   And I dig the sound track to this movie.

1 question....if the kid is Satan, how come he doesn't get a long with the 'bad guys' in this movie?  You think the bad kids, and they really are messed up, would follow him instead of picking on him.  I mean he's Satan not Clifford, Lucas or Daniel-san.

dig this movie, not great by any means, but it has a bunch of truely disturbing scenes.

(would have liked it more if the kid wasn't really Satan, but just a messed up devil worshipping 80's teen, like the kid in Ricky 6.)

The Dinosaur Project

MOTHER'S DAY [2010] rewatch

Man this is a truely amazing one. Everybody is so perfect along with the cinematography and story. Badass totally.

And ohhhhhhh BRIANAAA EVIGAAANNN!!!

Very brutal and cool.

Vampire Time Travelers (1997).  A slab of SOV silliness about, durh, time traveling vampires.  Crap, but the 90s fashion was a hoot.

Vasquez wrote:
floridapossum wrote:

Contracted 8/10

Ewww!  Gag!  I think I threw up in my mouth!

That was so great!

I saw is gruesomeness on the big screen at Frightfest and met the director.

I agree, a pretty impressive movie for an independent flick. 8/10 for me aswell.

Sweet!

The 2007 "Cthulhu"- Pretty decent flick based on HPL's "Shadow over Innsmouth". The acting is terrible and the gay angle might annoy some hardcore fans. Other than that, a pleasant watch. 7/10

Dagon was a good adaptation of Shadow Over Innsmouth. Sounds like I need to check out Cthulhu, hadn't heard of it before.

I don't know; maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment.  But I'm feeling like giving Trick 'r Treat (2007) another chance.  I didn't like it much the first time I watched it.  Felt the same way the second time I watched it.  Maybe this third time I'll see what it is about it that everyone else likes.  I don't expect to, but stranger things have happened.  Just look at Azzie's sex life.

How could you not like it? Trick r' Treat is easily one of the best horror movies of the last 20 years.

Theli wrote:

How could you not like it? Trick r' Treat is easily one of the best horror movies of the last 20 years.

Its a fairly good film but I kinda feel the same way as Lon, its no masterpiece in my book.

I can't disagree more. It represents everything that was missing in horror at the time. It's a well made anthology something that was severely lacking since the Creepshow movies. Great traditional SFX. Original stories instead of another remake. Better than average acting. And it introduced a potential future horror icon. I also like the way the story is told for an anthology, with different segments introduced and completed at different times, often happening at the same time as another story.

Vasquez wrote:
Theli wrote:

Its a fairly good film but I kinda feel the same way as Lon, its no masterpiece in my book.

Well it truely is in my book. I totally agree with Theli, this is a freaking fantastic one. AND ANNA PAQUIN is in it. How the H3LL can anybody not like it is beyond me serious... O_O

Children of the Corn II, eh.

Vasquez wrote:
Theli wrote:

By no means is it a masterpiece. Still one of my favorite Halloween movies to watch, and a above avg movie over all.

Go watch Weasals Rip My Flesh, everything looks great after that, lol

Basically, in my book Trick r Treat is above average but I can think of a lot more films that have had a more lasting impression on me that don't get mentioned nearly enough e.g Anthony's DiBlasi's Dread. Also, These are are just a few films from that year which impressed more than Trick r Treat; The Girl Next Door, 30 Days of Night, Dead Silence, The Signal and The Orphanage - Now that is a film that harks back to the classics and everything that was missing at the time.

Thats my view but its only a view and I would fight tooth and nail for the right for anyone to say Trick is easily one of the best horror movies of the last 20 years. If we all had the same opinions it would a very boring forum.

Vasquez wrote:

If we all had the same opinions it would a very boring forum.

H3LL yes man, so true. big_smile

So fucking true, dissenting opinions are just as important. And 30 Days of Night is a great flick in my opinion.

Count Dracula's Great Love (1972) Paul Naschy

I remember seeing this on Facebook:

"I watched a vampire movie once, my favorite character was the Sun"

lol

I think you saw that here, in the totally random thread, had me crackin up.

Yeah, maybe, but it had me laughin' too, smile

I'm the one who posted it and it made me laugh TOO. lol

And if you liked The Horror Honeys' Facebook page you saw it there, I took it from their site, no idea if it's on their Facebook's though.