Re: NHL 2013-2014 season

Truth. But I like the Leafs guess why???
Yeah because they've been the ones that are the most heavy competition here in Canada with the ignominous Crapnadians.

But yes, takes more than one or two players to make a team work.

They are the better of the Canadian teams.  I hear that they're thinking of making an Ontario NHL team...or Quebec City (or seattle).  As much as I would like to see another Canadian team, I think Seattle could better connect.  Hockey has longed to get a firm footing in the south and west america.  With the Kings winning the stanley cup, it helped with merchandise and recognizing of it in california.  Seattle is another huge area that would benefit.

Sad my Wings lost in a shootout but seeing Bruins whip Edmonton was nice....although they put up a good fight.  The ice is on the field at Comerica Park (where the Tigers play and where the Alumni game and other local hockey games will be) and I'm so excited.  Michigan Stadium (where Winter Classic will be) is also about to have the ice put on it in the next week or so.  They laid out the tarp where it will be on top of.  So awesome! All this hockey in my city is so cool.

^^^
Yeah but at least the big bad bears won. And yes, that's awesome that you can have the Winter Classic in your city, sweet.

Tonight's gonna be a fun game, my Devils against Crosby. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it.

I wish more people on here would take part in this thread! Hockey is the best! Red Wings got spanked by Tampa Bay tonight getting shutout sad All the winter hockey festivities start later today here in Detroit.  My buddy went on the ice tonight for a free skate (where the Alumni game will be).  super awesome to see!  This is what hockey is about! Nostalgia!

^^^
Yeah but these dudes prefer Football or Baseball. Damn them. lol

But yes that was a bad game for your Wings, saw a few moments this morning...

My Hawks won against the Kings and I'm not surprised at all. I just can't make up my mind about the Kings. Not knowing if I hate them or like them.

One team I hate though and I'm sure you know it are the Crapnadians which lost last night against the Panthers. YAY!!! big_smile

My Devils won against the Lightning 3-0 saturday which makes me happy.

Glad my other favorite team is leading the general standings since the season started. Cool.

And that's very cool for you that they do the Winter Classic in your spot buddy. Lucky. smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-16 11:45:06)

It is beyond cool that I get to experience the Winter Classic...not many can say that.  I hope they come back!  The venue would be cool for a Wrestlemania, too.  I'm not a wrestling fan but 115,000 capacity stadium BEFORE seats on the field, that would be epic

Damn yes that's insanely HUGE!!!

But yes beyond cool indeed. Have fun man. Well how the H3LL could you not??? lol

oh well i'm not actually going to be there for the game, lol.  Too cold, forget that noise!

^^
I can't say I don't understand you man. lol

You'll watch it on the TV right???
I bet most local stations will show it.

Well it's a nationally broadcast game so even if not local.  I think it's going to be on NBC though.  Hell yeah I'm watching it on TV.  Going to order some pizza, crack open a mountain dew (I don't drink) and enjoy the hell out of myself in my warm house with my wife, dog and cat.

^^^
H3LL yeah much better than freezing your ass off out there. smile

Watched Crosby kick the Leafs' butt last night, very cool match. 3-1 they won...

Damn this Crosby dude is insane.

The Red Wings couldn't seem to find their rape whistle for tonight's game.  Embarrassing loss.  We need Howard back so badly. At least the Bruins won in their game against Calgary.

Yeah urgh.

Another great win for my Hawks though. Yay!!!

Devils play tonight against the Sens, that'll be one to see. smile

My blackhawks looking good as ever.....I drove out to nashville last month for a game...unfortunately we lost 7-2 but had a great time drinking beer in nashville for 4 days

^^^
Oh sweet, Nashville is such a blast. smile

YAY!!! Devils won against the Sens. Very surprising but a great game. Woohoo!!!

I saw your pics on Facebook, Justin, looks like you had a great time!  Red Wings barely squeaked by in Overtime but the Bruins lost....sitll good hockey.  I'm mad I missed the wednesday night rivalry game last night of Pens vs Rangers.

So many awesome games this weekend and now we have a full day of hockey looking at us for Monday.  Then a 3 day Christmas break.  I'm most excited because later this week, Wing's captain, Henrik Zetterberg is due back from an injury that has had him out all of December.  Going to be good to have him back in full steam.  Already been a blessing having Datsyuk back after he missed a few games due to minor concussion.

Yeah fun weekend indeed. smile

Another win for my Devils on saturday, great match too, yay.

Tonight will be a damn blast. Hawks VS Devils. Wooo won't miss it that's for sure!!! big_smile

Man what a freaking BADASS game that was. Nothing like seeing your 2 favorite teams one against the other. Man WHAT A GAME!!!

Devils lost 5-2 but still a nice performace as H3LL form both sides. I enjoyed it a whole damn lot!!! Woo.

Hossa picked up his second assist with another great pass five minutes later to spring Sharp for a breakaway. Sharp snapped the puck over Schneider's glove for a 4-2 lead, and Leddy soon made it a three-goal margin on a power play.

Hossa baby. Second star tonight first being Toews of course what an insane game he played. smile

Should happen more often. big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-23 23:20:01)

Soon OldLaughingLady it's gonna be like this in your city right??? Man I miss those days, too bad my legs are fucked now and I can't do that anymore, was a blast and I miss it a lot. roll

http://darkroom.baltimoresun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AFP_Getty-525449938.jpg

You can call me Matt.  I'm a young frowning man.  smile But yes, it already looks like that in some areas but last weekend it was mid 40s and raining so it ruined a lot of that.  However we have temperatures in the single digits coming in a few days with light snow showers.  We had a white christmas!!!  Also happy now that it's Friday morning....the 3 day hockey break is over and now hockey begins again!

Only if you call me Chris. big_smile

Wasted one for Devils, badass for the Hawks.

Great games these last few Xmas days I think.
As my bro is a hockey freak as much as me [I'm the one that showed him how to play but he became even more crazy about it than me Hahaha] so we enjoyed the 2 canadian team's match, Flames VS Oilers.

Watching us do and hear our talks is such a insane experience I bet for the others, which was mom and my bro's girl, Marie-Ève last night.

Meredith 3 years old was way too busy playing with her gifts she didin't even realize somebody was talking I'm sure. lol

I miss watching games with him, it just Rocks WAY TOO DAMN MUCH!!! big_smile

Last edited by kXnPunk (2013-12-28 13:33:06)

Interesting that The Hawks can't seem to beat The Blues this year, like they couldn't beat The Ducks last year.  Of course, The Ducks didn't really matter come playoffs though when it came to The Hawks.

Olympics Hockey this year.  Should be plenty of Hawks on the different teams.  I'm sure there will be a lot of trash talk from my Canadian friends.

Awesome Shut out for the Canucks. More I see Eddie Lack the more i like him such an awesome goalie. Brian Mcgrattan better get suspended for that elbow.